Hi Folks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viper_Baritone

Reaction score
Oioi People

hmm, where to start?

well im coming to the realisation that although im not shy in any way at all (infact im pretty relaxed and friendly) im getting pretty lonely

I have friends, both male and female, but ive never really had a serious relationship

a disasterous and protracted unrequieted love thing with a very close female friend in my late teens, and again with the same girl a few years later, but no proper adult relationships

not entirely unexperienced sexually, but its never been a big part of my life (not through lack of wanting, i dont think)

i had a long-running online friendship with a girl from the other side of the world for 6 or 7 years, and although i wouldnt change that in any way, i dont think its done my "real life" much good in some ways - she was my confidante and a very important part of things for a long time, but if id had nobody like her, i would probably have been forced to confront my real life loneliness a lot sooner

anyway enough about the why im here an a small bit about me

things i like:

im a serious music nut, and play bass to a very high level, both electric and upright, and also an odd little rubber stringed bass instrument called the Ashbory

got a big thing about modern Japanese Culture - music, cinema, anime, the works

an obscure (to most of you) Australian soap opera from the late '70s called "Prisoner: Cell Block H"

I have a small business fixing PCs, although because i live in a small highland town, i dont get enough business to make very much money

as a result of that im stuck in the parent's home. not great at my age (34) eh?

with the massive house prices in the UK tho its my only realistic option

i have absolutely no problem with shyness at all - i meet different people all the time when im working and usually find they like me and even tend to almost tell me their life story sort of thing - if they arent intimidated by the way i look....

..... that may well be a big part of the problem. I'm not going to change the way i look for anyone, im comfortable with it

i have long natural dreadlocks, well past bum-length infact, long (but tidy) beard, facial piercings, prominent tattoos

its the way i am and thats not going to change

you may think that im short of money because i dont have and couldnt get a "proper" job, but actually i have significant health problems that pretty much rule out a conventional 9-5 employment situation anyway.

one big thing is i dont drink alcohol, and as a result just dont go to bars for the sake of drinking, ill only go on the rare occasion im playing music in one, or im going to see another band play

socially all i really do is hang out with my friends. trouble is nowadays they have all paired off and are having children, that sort of thing, so im never meeting anyone single and female

jeez thats a bit of a long ramble, but i hope it gives you a bit of an idea of who i am

hope to get to know some of you

cheers
Gavin

Hi Vipor....welcome.

Sweet... you play in a band.

I don't drink either. And yeah man..my days of rasing someone else's babies are over.lol
yeah..i get ya..just becuase we're musicians dosn't mean we're sluts.lol

Viper_Baritone said:
Oioi People

hmm, where to start?

well im coming to the realisation that although im not shy in any way at all (infact im pretty relaxed and friendly) im getting pretty lonely

I have friends, both male and female, but ive never really had a serious relationship

a disasterous and protracted unrequieted love thing with a very close female friend in my late teens, and again with the same girl a few years later, but no proper adult relationships

not entirely unexperienced sexually, but its never been a big part of my life (not through lack of wanting, i dont think)

i had a long-running online friendship with a girl from the other side of the world for 6 or 7 years, and although i wouldnt change that in any way, i dont think its done my "real life" much good in some ways - she was my confidante and a very important part of things for a long time, but if id had nobody like her, i would probably have been forced to confront my real life loneliness a lot sooner

things i like:

im a serious music nut, and play bass to a very high level, both electric and upright, and also an odd little rubber stringed bass instrument called the Ashbory

an obscure (to most of you) Australian soap opera from the late '70s called "Prisoner: Cell Block H"

I have a small business fixing PCs, although because i live in a small highland town, i dont get enough business to make very much money

i have absolutely no problem with shyness at all - i meet different people all the time when im working and usually find they like me and even tend to almost tell me their life story sort of thing - if they arent intimidated by the way i look....

..... that may well be a big part of the problem. I'm not going to change the way i look for anyone, im comfortable with it

i have long natural dreadlocks, well past bum-length infact, long (but tidy) beard, facial piercings, prominent tattoos

you may think that im short of money because i dont have and couldnt get a "proper" job, but actually i have significant health problems that pretty much rule out a conventional 9-5 employment situation anyway.

one big thing is i dont drink alcohol, and as a result just dont go to bars for the sake of drinking, ill only go on the rare occasion im playing music in one, or im going to see another band play

socially all i really do is hang out with my friends. trouble is nowadays they have all paired off and are having children, that sort of thing, so im never meeting anyone single and female

jeez thats a bit of a long ramble, but i hope it gives you a bit of an idea of who i am

cheers
Gavin

Ciamar a tha thu Gavin? lol, I hope I said that right. :p

Welcome!

EveWasFramed said:
Ciamar a tha thu Gavin? lol, I hope I said that right. :p

you did indeed!

i don't know a lot of Gaelic myself tho i learned French instead when i was a kid

infact i speak more Japanese than Gaelic

cheers
Gavin

Viper_Baritone said:
Oioi People

hmm, where to start?

things i like:

cheers
Gavin

Hi there mate, Well-your not that new anymore but it was only by chance that I read this post. I not been posting in the new members forum for a bit as I been feeling like crap myself as I been suffering with some health problems and pain and as everyone knows pain can grand ye down lol Plus I been getting for to emotional over me dog. But I suppose with the pain an all that Ive got just right now that's not helped.. God am rambling on here.

We have some things in common. Not only are we very similar age and both live in the UK. Is scotland still apart of the UK? lol Joking of course ;) But I do not work cos of health reasons also. It does sometimes get me down. It hurts the pride moor then anything. Sometimes I think I could go get a job but then other times like in the past week I know I could not.

The only other scottish person I know IRL is also a really big music nut. He is also a big drinker. Well I do sometimes enjoy a drink. But I am by no means a big drinker at all.

The dreadlocks sound cool man. You well have to put a pick up of yourself one day.

I know what you mean about all the friends moving on and getting family's and that. I don't know if you work part time or anything but I myself do think that if I had been in a job that I would had made moor friends then I have and even a GF. I did work very briefly when I left school for a year and a half. I did have a GF then and enough friends.

Anyway your post did give a good insight to who you are and it was a good intro I thought. Welcome here mate :) hope to see you around some moor.

oh yes i forgot to say that i have a small business fixing computers "BiG Gs PCs"

ive had that going for nearly 9 years now

i was meaning with my wobbly health, i couldnt work a "normal" job, because there are weeks where i can barely move with the pain, and there are other times when the massive ammounts of meds i have to take make me sick as a brown dog.

so i just do my own thing, when im well enough to. trouble is its a really small place where i live, and most of the people i do jobs for dont have much money either

so im never going to be able to afford anything more than a caravan to live in

but im not sad about that - on a global scale im pretty rich!

everyone has something that they are really good at, its just a matter of trying to find an angle where you can make a few quid out of it

anyway cheers for the nice welcome
Gavin

Welcome to A Lonely Life, Viper. From your posts it sounds like you have accomplished a lot and have a good amount of experience of meeting different people while still staying true to yourself and to the people who have crossed your path.

Sadly, LOTS of people have to go through the same feelings you have only because you/they are strong enough to realize what they want and have a clear conscious of what is happening around them at all times. You seem like someone who is well grounded that goes through a rough patch once in a while.

I know things are tough for you physically, and maybe sometimes mentally but i hope this site can let you relax and have some users who post here give you some good insight for yourself.

Take care.

Latest posts

Back