Hi, I'm Hexirius

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hexirius

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a 19 year old male from Belgium. Basically I have no friends, no girlfriend and thus social life. Naturally I'm a bit shy, but I've never completely understood what made me so different from the other people in this world. When I first went to school, I don't remember much but I do remember that I was bullied by some other kids and that they always would exclude me in games. I also remember me playing on my own and not satisfying the teacher with my development. It must have been from then on that my personality was formed. Elementary school was a bit of a revolution for me, i had some friends in school but they too were weirdos. I never was friends with the popular kids, probably because I was not like them. But even then allready it seemed that life was easier for the popular kids, they had the best grades, had many friends and were the teacher's pets. I envied them, not for what they were, but for how they were treated. Offcourse every popular kid has an army of mindless wannabe followers. Sorry but I refused to be like them. Me and my friends were the weird ones, a group of kids that rebelled against the system, we were different, that's all. Once in high school, I had to start all over again, I managed to get some friends again but it was a slow process and it didn't last long. It seemed that all people had totally changed, the system was the same, but it was just played harder. The rest of high school was a friendless experience for me, I didn't have anyone anymore. There were no more people like me. Everytime when I thought I had a friendship coming, it turned out to be nothing more than a stab in the back. It seemed I wasn't good enough for people. I was nice to them but got the opposite in return. That's the goddamn problem with the system, people want ******** to reign and a black sheep to blaim. There's just no place for a nice guy like me. Now I'm in university and nothing has changed, just the same situation. In the beginning I tried but it was no use. The people are not so childish anymore but the problem is still present.

Whenever I meet someone - irl or not - things start out well, but afterwards nothing happens anymore. Even if we do have things in common and seem to connect, they never contact me again. When I contact them it always turns into a complete failure. What I need is someone like me and it seems that's just not possible.

A few days ago, a google search brought me here. I was glad to see that there do exist other people like me, - don't get me wrong, I don't wish this kinda life upon anyone. I joined because we're all here for the same reason, helping each other.

Welcome Hexirius, I'm 19 too and go to university and know how you feel no room for a nice guy, everyone seems to want an ******* here too, maybe we should all just start talking like this: "Man did you see how wasted Jessica was Friday morning, dude she is so hot and she so totally wants you!"<-------My impression of shallow people,lol:p, any ways yea welcome to the forum you seem to be here for the right reasons.

NeverMore said:
"Man did you see how wasted Jessica was Friday morning, dude she is so hot and she so totally wants you!"

And treating their girlfriend like crap while hitting on other girls.

Hi Hexirus. Yep, society sucks thats for sure. Thing is, i can't even seem to make friends or get along with the non popular people. I fit in nowhere it seems.

I'm a 19 year old male from Belgium. Basically I have no friends, no girlfriend and thus social life. Naturally I'm a bit shy, but I've never completely understood what made me so different from the other people in this world. When I first went to school, I don't remember much but I do remember that I was bullied by some other kids and that they always would exclude me in games. I also remember me playing on my own and not satisfying the teacher with my development. It must have been from then on that my personality was formed. Elementary school was a bit of a revolution for me, i had some friends in school but they too were weirdos. I never was friends with the popular kids, probably because I was not like them. But even then allready it seemed that life was easier for the popular kids, they had the best grades, had many friends and were the teacher's pets. I envied them, not for what they were, but for how they were treated. Offcourse every popular kid has an army of mindless wannabe followers. Sorry but I refused to be like them. Me and my friends were the weird ones, a group of kids that rebelled against the system, we were different, that's all. Once in high school, I had to start all over again, I managed to get some friends again but it was a slow process and it didn't last long. It seemed that all people had totally changed, the system was the same, but it was just played harder. The rest of high school was a friendless experience for me, I didn't have anyone anymore. There were no more people like me. Everytime when I thought I had a friendship coming, it turned out to be nothing more than a stab in the back. It seemed I wasn't good enough for people. I was nice to them but got the opposite in return. That's the goddamn problem with the system, people want ******** to reign and a black sheep to blaim. There's just no place for a nice guy like me. Now I'm in university and nothing has changed, just the same situation. In the beginning I tried but it was no use. The people are not so childish anymore but the problem is still present.

Whenever I meet someone - irl or not - things start out well, but afterwards nothing happens anymore. Even if we do have things in common and seem to connect, they never contact me again. When I contact them it always turns into a complete failure. What I need is someone like me and it seems that's just not possible.

ya I don't what it is, but I can't seem to fit in, I'm really not all that differnt. But I've tried to fit in with the "in" group. But they are really shallow all they do is gossip, talk about sex and the opposite sex, they drink and get high, they even have enough money to pay people to do their homework it just makes me want to vomit, I can never make anykind of interesting conversation with them. I hate talking about other people behind their back. And these people will just tottally ***** about how much of a terrible person so and so is, and then they go and be great friends with that person, I've never got that. When I first got to highschool in my freshmen year I made a bunch of friends that were like me and they were deep and intellegent with great personaltys I thought. But they never call me and we rarely hang out. I was so depressed over the summer because I was so lonely. I just don't know what to do anymore. They don't talk to me anymore, and the worst part is that people are so two faced that they can seem completly sincer and they may have just been bull shiting you the whole time.

But what are you majoring in college?

even if it can be lonely I've heard that it can still be a good time if you find something that interests you.

oh well, I just wanted to welcome you to lonelylife, and let you know that your not the only one that seems to be in the same predictament.

peace

:D

Hi Hexirius, and welcome :) Hop fully you well fined a buddy to help and be helped with hear.

Hey Hexirius,

If you want someone to talk to, feel free to message me some time. My email and AIM stuff is in my profile on here. I'm always willing to make new friends, and I don't abandon people either. I've been really busy lately with work though, and I haven't had much time to do anything besides sleep and eat. But if you send me an e-mail, I'll try my best to respond when I can. If you need a topic or something, search some of my posts and read them to learn a little bit more about me. Maybe my original "New Member" thread, where I introduce myself. See you around!

Kid A said:
Hi Hexirus. Yep, society sucks thats for sure. Thing is, i can't even seem to make friends or get along with the non popular people. I fit in nowhere it seems.

Well you do fit in here :).

evanescencefan91 said:
ya I don't what it is, but I can't seem to fit in, I'm really not all that differnt. But I've tried to fit in with the "in" group. But they are really shallow all they do is gossip, talk about sex and the opposite sex, they drink and get high, they even have enough money to pay people to do their homework it just makes me want to vomit, I can never make anykind of interesting conversation with them. I hate talking about other people behind their back. And these people will just tottally ***** about how much of a terrible person so and so is, and then they go and be great friends with that person, I've never got that. When I first got to highschool in my freshmen year I made a bunch of friends that were like me and they were deep and intellegent with great personaltys I thought. But they never call me and we rarely hang out. I was so depressed over the summer because I was so lonely. I just don't know what to do anymore. They don't talk to me anymore, and the worst part is that people are so two faced that they can seem completly sincer and they may have just been bull shiting you the whole time.

Those are the kind of people that visit you only when they need something, they're not worth you time. Sadly, most people are like that :(

evanescencefan91 said:
But what are you majoring in college?

Engineering, but it's not working out becuz I'm a massive procrastinating slacker.

bluey said:
Hi Hexirius, and welcome :) Hop fully you well fined a buddy to help and be helped with hear.

Thx, this thread was allready a great relief for me. Normally i hate the "introduce yourself" things because it's the first impression that people judge you by and I never was great at it, but I felt like I had nothing to fear here :)

Brodie said:
Hey Hexirius,

If you want someone to talk to, feel free to message me some time. My email and AIM stuff is in my profile on here. I'm always willing to make new friends, and I don't abandon people either. I've been really busy lately with work though, and I haven't had much time to do anything besides sleep and eat. But if you send me an e-mail, I'll try my best to respond when I can. If you need a topic or something, search some of my posts and read them to learn a little bit more about me. Maybe my original "New Member" thread, where I introduce myself. See you around!

Ok, will do :).

Engineering, but it's not working out becuz I'm a massive procrastinating slacker.

thats cool, i've kinda wanted to look into that, but how much complictated math does that take, I've found out that I really don't like it as much i thought I would,

and I'm a major procrastinator too, well maybe not so much as just never doer, lol

evanescencefan91 said:
thats cool, i've kinda wanted to look into that, but how much complictated math does that take, I've found out that I really don't like it as much i thought I would,

and I'm a major procrastinator too, well maybe not so much as just never doer, lol

I don't realy like math either, too bad you need it in most other classes.

Chris-Sabian said:
Sorry but I refused to be like them

Then if you don't consider that the problem is coming from you, why do you call yourself a "retarded loner" ?

Actually I was being sarcastic, but that's probably what everyone thinks I am anyway. I do admit that the problem is me, I'm not like them and I don't plan to do so.

Hello there Hexirius!

First of all, I would like to welcome you in the this beautiful forum. All the people in here are all great and helpful. Im sure you'll find good friends here. By the way, im 20, student.. :)

Enjoy your stay!

Hi there Hexirius, I know exactly how you feel. I was bullied at primary school quite a lot too, which I think may have sewn seeds that only now are starting to rear their ugly heads. I had some friends at high school but once we all moved on that was the end of it. My first time at Uni wasn't too bad but again, these friends were transient and then when I went to Uni the second time I didn't connect with anyone. Similar story too in that I tried to connect with people and just never heard from them - do you find that the excuse is either too busy, too tired or too drunk? That's all I kept hearing. Last year I gave up, closed down the hatches and just went off the map. That was okay until a couple of weeks ago. Just like you, a Google search bought me here.

Welcome to the community Hexirius. Like the rest of us, at least you can be reassured that you aren't alone. Although talking through words and text on a computer screen isn't quite as good as the real thing it's better than nothing.

I am 27, my main interests are electronic music, computers and hill walking but I can talk about just about anything.

Hi, Hexi. Welcome to the forum. I wanna be your friend if that's okay with you. That's why we joined this forum at the first place, am I right? I'm from Indonesia and I'm interested to have a friend from anwhere in the world. How is life in Belgium, Hexi?

Latest posts

Back