Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Needles

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've been reading the forums on and off for a little while now and I've just decided to introduce myself and hopefully start posting soon.

Similar to some threads I was reading earlier, I'm a lonely college student who finds it hard to make friends (people who remember your name 20 minutes later, not the ones you spam add on facebook after going to a party). I've been at this particular school for almost 2 years now and I'm nearly finished. I'm majoring in Political Science and I have to admit I'm as bored as I've ever been in school with this major. I've met a couple good friends in the 2 years that I've been here. My first roommate and the 2 guys next to our room were my first friends here, but they have all joined a fraternity and seem to drink every night and have no real interest in doing anything else. I on the other hand do not like drinking. I'm 21 years old and I have maybe been drunk 4 times. It's not so much the drinking, it's the atmosphere of college parties. I cannot stand crowds and I start to feel weird if I'm stuck in a room with a ton of people rubbing up against me. So, needless to say, I don't meet many people since I tend to stay inside a lot. However, I have met a couple friends through intramural soccer that I go mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, and play soccer with, which is pretty nice to be able to do with other people.

I really enjoy video games on the PC, anime, trance music, mountain biking, soccer, wind (weird thing to put in the list but I love it), and all kinds of good stuff like that. I'm awful with relationships of the opposite sex and I am an incredibly boring person to talk to unless you get to know me (which doesn't work too well since people get bored of me the first time we talk. I guess I just assume people don't care about anything additional I have to say so I just don't say much).

Sorry to write so much! There's plenty more but I don't want to put anyone who has taken the time to read this to sleep. So, long story short, I'm here because the community here looks like something I could relate to and it should be quite nice being able to read and talk about problems I'm having or to help try and solve other peoples problems. I look forward to talking with everyone :p

Bye for now and thanks for reading.

Rifle_Eyes said:
I'm jealous. You seem to have a good life.

In some aspects, yes, I do. In others, I still feel quite lacking when I compare it to other people or see other people. I spend the vast majority of my time alone and I have yet to meet someone here that I truly connect with. It's nice to have a couple of friends to go out and bike or play soccer with, but that's only about once every 2 weeks or less often.

Welcome Needles.

:p i get what you mean about university. I didn't make any friends at all, i think it was because I didn't drink... I made one friend at the dormitories because we shared washing powder lol

welcome to all :D:D:D

Welsome to our little slice of dysfunction.

>: )

Im Hijacc and im the little troublemaker of the forum. :)

(not really but I try T_T)

Latest posts

Back