Hiya there...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffy

Reaction score
Hi. Glad to have found this place.

I'm Tiffy and I'm barely hanging on to my 20s at 29... 30 late March. :rolleyes: Yay. I live in the city of Chicago with my husband and lovely dog. I've had loneliness issue for the last 10 years or so... since I moved to Chicago it seems, but really I think it has more to do with being out in the "real world" and no longer in high school or college. Working in small offices certainly didn't help. I just never feel like I fit in anywhere, I was raised with a mentally ill mother who really did a number on me and I struggle to make connections with people because I'm terrified of having to establish boundaries with people and struggle with being able to commit to things. I guess i an sense I'm kind of flaky and assume everyone is going to overstep and take advantage of me like most of my family does... so it's easier for me to shut everyone out...

I don't have a real job... I help raise my nephews and keep a flexible schedule because my husband has a demanding job and we like to travel and such so I like to be available last minute, etc.... which absolutely has enabled me to hide myself away and what not...

SO, I'm really looking forward to connecting with others and maybe sorting myself out a little bit and helping other... So that's that, I'm glad to have found this place :)

Welcome to the forum Tiffy :)

Hi Tiffy and welcome.
I just made my account here to day as well.

I think if you work with lots off ppl then its going to be easier to meet others that you have stuff in common with.
You are like me in that your not meeting ppl thru work.

Hope to see you around :)

Hey Tiffy. Welcome to the forum.

and Happy New Year

Latest posts

Back