hmmmlep

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindkitty

Reaction score
ive never really been one for talkin or explaining my life sitiutian to others. it always made me feel weak. i remember at a young age i just decided one day id stop talkin and see if anyone in my family or friends would notice and tbh they didnt.

i havent had that much of a hard life, yeah i got bullied at school because i rarely spoke and beaten daily by my older brother for his social short comings. but ive never walked away from a fight.

i didnt have a father, but a man who'd phone up once every few months to talk down to me and to have as a bragging right to his work collegaes that he'd childern too even in another country.

its safe to say out of a family of alcholics, skitso and quite a few as*holes.
my mother is the most normal, in her own way.

but recently to deal with her own lonelyness and depression, she has been causaling getting back with one of her abusive ex's who was there through out my early childhoode, beating her, cheating on her, stealing and breaking everything she owns. this would happen over and over,
she always took him back.

and i remember as a child around 6/7 laying in my bed in the middle of the night, him standing over me with a bottle in his hand threating to harm me as my mother was barricated in her room with my brother screaming.
theres many storys like this through my life.

i live in northern ireland and if anyone knows anything about our wee country, we have 100s of paramiltarys, basicly dicks with guns who murdered and country areas with force and brutality whilst pretending to fight for freedom and cultural differences.

needless to say this man was put out of the country by one of these orginisation, the same orginisation that "runs" my area where we live and have no problems with putting people out of there house for less. it actually happens alot over here.

this man who treated my mom is back in the country and tonight turned up on our door drunk. even though my mother and this dick are on good terms, ive never stuck my nose in my mothers business because when i did, even trying to defend her or help, she'd scream at me.

but what do i do?

You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

You're 23, yes? Are you out of this situation yourself and living on your own? If you are, I'd let it be. If you're not, I would see about moving out and becoming independent.

The most I can suggest personally would be to do your best to not let those things perpetuate themselves in your own life; don't make the same mistakes. If you're not living on your own, you need to start now, no matter what it takes.

As for your mother, if you're on your own you could try and convince her to move in with you under the condition she never sees him again and you could try to help her that way. Or you could play one evil against another and see if the local thugs would 'remove' him again, but that might be treading on dangerous grounds.

Thanks guys for the response.
i didn't expect anyone to reply as people tend to avoid touchy subjects.
but im grateful for it. :)

your right and i am takin no part in the matter.
it seems to be the same advice im gettin from friends and family.
atleast my moms keeping him away from me as she knows my feelings on the matter.

funny you mention it brian, i have been tryin to move out the last few months. but unfortunately im unemployeed and ive gone back to college to studye for my engineering qualifications.

trying to raise my first months rent and deposit is diffcult, but thankfully ive half way there.

but thanks again guys for listening and understanding.

Latest posts

Back