Need someone to talk to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiezeehc

Reaction score
Just found out my girlfriend is cheating on me. I want to leave her but i have nowhere to go and no one to talk to. I want to kill myself but i have a 5 year old daughter that i cant bear the thought of leaving. If i stay alive, ill end up homeless and wont get to see her anyway though. I have no friends or family, my girlfriend was the only one i had to talk to before this. I just dont know what to do.

Just found out my girlfriend is cheating on me. I want to leave her but i have nowhere to go and no one to talk to. I want to kill myself but i have a 5 year old daughter that i cant bear the thought of leaving. If i stay alive, ill end up homeless and wont get to see her anyway though. I have no friends or family, my girlfriend was the only one i had to talk to before this. I just dont know what to do.

I am sorry to read this. Now, I may be woefully naive in asking this, but... why should *you* be the one to leave? She was the one who chose to cheat, after all.

I am sorry to read this. Now, I may be woefully naive in asking this, but... why should *you* be the one to leave? She was the one who chose to cheat, after all.
Her job pays enough to pay for our apartment by herself. My job doesnt so i wouldnt be able to afford to live here alone anyway.

Her job pays enough to pay for our apartment by herself. My job doesnt so i wouldnt be able to afford to live here alone anyway.
Would you qualify for low income housing? It sounds like you're beating yourself up over this. Stop doing that. There are so many options out there for you. If you would qualify for welfare, sign up for it. Any program you qualify for, sign up for it. Ask for help. Every state has programs for low income people, utlitze them. Look for better paying jobs, if that's possible. You don't have to be homeless. Start looking at your options and get them in place before you leave there.

Would you qualify for low income housing? It sounds like you're beating yourself up over this. Stop doing that. There are so many options out there for you. If you would qualify for welfare, sign up for it. Any program you qualify for, sign up for it. Ask for help. Every state has programs for low income people, utlitze them. Look for better paying jobs, if that's possible. You don't have to be homeless. Start looking at your options and get them in place before you leave there.
I do qualify for multiple programs but every one ive seen so far has a 1 to 2 year wait list minimum. I could definitely go to a homeless shelter or something like that, ive done it before, but id lose custody of my daughter real quick and i dont really see the point if that happens

It sounds like you are in a tough spot. I totally understand why you want to leave. But you also don’t have anywhere to go that you can bring your daughter with you. I assume having your daughter with you is a priority?

Does the person who cheated on you want you to leave? I’m not saying you should forgive and forget (I’m not saying you shouldn’t forgive/forget either). Just saying right now you still have time to make a plan. Because it doesn’t sound like anyone is forcing you to react.

If you don’t have enough money to live with your daughter on your own, can you get a better job? What would that take? Can you build a plan that keeps your daughter with you and work towards that?

It sounds like you are in a tough spot. I totally understand why you want to leave. But you also don’t have anywhere to go that you can bring your daughter with you. I assume having your daughter with you is a priority?

Does the person who cheated on you want you to leave? I’m not saying you should forgive and forget (I’m not saying you shouldn’t forgive/forget either). Just saying right now you still have time to make a plan. Because it doesn’t sound like anyone is forcing you to react.

If you don’t have enough money to live with your daughter on your own, can you get a better job? What would that take? Can you build a plan that keeps your daughter with you and work towards that?
I think their plan is to leave and let me keep the apartment, but even with 2 jobs i wouldnt have enough to afford this area so i wont even be able to stay here to keep my job. I have some web development skills that could pay more but all of the jobs in that field will take too long before id need to be hired. Anywhere willing to hire as quick as I need, wont pay enough for me to afford living here. If i had more time itd be possible but i have less than a month before rent is due and then ill be paying all on my own after that

I think their plan is to leave and let me keep the apartment, but even with 2 jobs i wouldnt have enough to afford this area so i wont even be able to stay here to keep my job. I have some web development skills that could pay more but all of the jobs in that field will take too long before id need to be hired. Anywhere willing to hire as quick as I need, wont pay enough for me to afford living here. If i had more time itd be possible but i have less than a month before rent is due and then ill be paying all on my own after that
Do you have employment/work centres where you live? Here in Canada, many offer programs like wage subsidies, training opportunities— things like that. You may be able to access funding that will allow you to keep the apartment while also improving your employability aspects. Worth looking into it!

Do you have employment/work centres where you live? Here in Canada, many offer programs like wage subsidies, training opportunities— things like that. You may be able to access funding that will allow you to keep the apartment while also improving your employability aspects. Worth looking into it!
Im not sure about that, ill look into it, thank you

What a lousy situation for you. There's already been some good advice given to you and I really can't give you anything more, except to ask if you know why she cheated on you? Is the reason something that can be repaired? Cheating isn't necessarily the end of a relationship, but it's definitely a reason to talk about your relationship. I know there's a lot of emotion involved right now, but perhaps a mature conversation about why it happened, if she's willing to talk to you about it, might help, at least for any future relationship you may have. You'll always be your daughter's father, so there's going to have to be some sort of relationship between you and your girlfriend.

What a lousy situation for you. There's already been some good advice given to you and I really can't give you anything more, except to ask if you know why she cheated on you? Is the reason something that can be repaired? Cheating isn't necessarily the end of a relationship, but it's definitely a reason to talk about your relationship. I know there's a lot of emotion involved right now, but perhaps a mature conversation about why it happened, if she's willing to talk to you about it, might help, at least for any future relationship you may have. You'll always be your daughter's father, so there's going to have to be some sort of relationship between you and your girlfriend.
We had the mature conversation before I posted on here, she said it was because shes bipolar and when shes finally in a happy relationship she does everything she can to ruin it because she doesnt deserve to be happy. I definitely get that feeling but id never cheat on anyone, just end the relationship.

We had the mature conversation before I posted on here, she said it was because shes bipolar and when shes finally in a happy relationship she does everything she can to ruin it because she doesnt deserve to be happy. I definitely get that feeling but id never cheat on anyone, just end the relationship.
I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sorry I also can’t provide you with some good advice.

I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sorry I also can’t provide you with some good advice.
No worries, its honestly just nice having someone to talk to. Ive been feeling alone for a while and it has been very hard keeping a smile on my face around my daughter. I say daughter but my ex has a 11 month old baby from a previous relationship ive grown to love as my own aswell. Its hard keeping everything bottled up all day around them you know?

No worries, its honestly just nice having someone to talk to. Ive been feeling alone for a while and it has been very hard keeping a smile on my face around my daughter. I say daughter but my ex has a 11 month old baby from a previous relationship ive grown to love as my own aswell. Its hard keeping everything bottled up all day around them you know?
Oh I know about feeling. If you read some of my posts, you'll learn I'm stuck in a platonic marriage and only have one friend who isn't often there for me when I need him. I've been miserable for too many years and too often hoping that I just die in my sleep.

Oh I know about feeling. If you read some of my posts, you'll learn I'm stuck in a platonic marriage and only have one friend who isn't often there for me when I need him. I've been miserable for too many years and too often hoping that I just die in my sleep.
Its the same for me, I have one friend left, hes days away and super busy with his own life so I always hate to be a bother. Its usually 4 or 5 days before he even responds lol. I was driving the other day and just had a sudden feeling of turning the car to the side and slamming into a tree. I was like okay maybe i should reach out to someone haha

Its the same for me, I have one friend left, hes days away and super busy with his own life so I always hate to be a bother. Its usually 4 or 5 days before he even responds lol. I was driving the other day and just had a sudden feeling of turning the car to the side and slamming into a tree. I was like okay maybe i should reach out to someone haha
yep can be trying life for sure. not sure how old you are, I'm 56, and i've been struggling for a very long time. i've sought help from mental health professionals in the past, but it was fruitless. i was on meds, but I've weened off of those. I'm no worse when off them. i just try to keep busy with things since I retired in 2017 due to health reasons from the police force.

yep can be trying life for sure. not sure how old you are, I'm 56, and i've been struggling for a very long time. i've sought help from mental health professionals in the past, but it was fruitless. i was on meds, but I've weened off of those. I'm no worse when off them. i just try to keep busy with things since I retired in 2017 due to health reasons from the police force.
Ill be turning 25 soon. I was addicted to drugs from 15 until around 22 and I think it numbed my emotions. I have to put way too much effort to slightly care about things most people naturally do. Ive been to multiple therapists and tried every drug they can give me with me previously being an addict, nothing helps. I cannot imagine life being like this for another year, much less another 41 or so.

Can I ask why youre still here then? I dont mean to sound harsh, Im just genuinely curious about what keeps you going.
That is a great question, which I've asked myself many times. The answer is - I've always had a lingering hope that something good might happen to me one day and I guess I have a bit of a fear of missing out on it. That hope does seem to get less and less each year though and maybe one day the realisation that there really isn't anything to hope for will outweigh my fear and I might end it all.

Latest posts

Back