Home issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chain-Reaction

Reaction score
I finally break the news that I want to move out of home. I'm turning 21 this year and i think it's time to move on. My initial reaction I was expecting from some people in my home was not what I got at first. Let me just say i was feeling an awsome happiness. Now i have been brought down to this really low, low! I went from hearing I get it your ready for your own to do you know the struggle we went through raising you and your going to go be an idiot out there. I just don't understand. I don't know why my family cant talk and have a civil conversation about something so simple. Someone always has to be the loudest, get the last word, always be right. I hate that i feel so stuck and wish i was so much closer to leaving! I know i need to pray and pray on this and I am but even God knows it's tough!! :(

Hi Chain Reaction,
Are you 100% determined to move out from home? From personal experience, I moved out at barely 18 (had to go away for studies), and it wasn't all roses and peaches. Noisy and messy roommates, cold and dirty old houses, rent payments that took a huge portion of my income... If I had a choice, I would go for a cranky family over a greedy and indifferent landlord any day of the week. The hundreds of dollars a month it will cost to live on your own will have to come from somewhere - are you sure the pain of working all those hours will be worth being free from living with your parents? Sorry, don't want to discourage you... just think well and make sure this is a rational rather than emotional decision :)

don't be discouraged. moving out on your own is hard and scarey at first but you can make it work. my recomendation would be college. live on campus and get started on a path that can support you, also food is provided too. Chase your dreams and stay focused :)

Latest posts

Back