Hot for Words lesson: Assassin

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
[youtube]f3-pfqWOLBg[/youtube]

as·sas·sin (ə-sās'ĭn)
n.
One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
Assassin A member of a secret order of Muslims who terrorized and killed Christian Crusaders and others.

[French, from Medieval Latin assassīnus, from Arabic ḥaššāšīn, pl. of ḥaššāš, hashish user, from ḥašīš, hashish; see hashish.]

Word History: Active in Persia and Syria from the 8th to 14th centuries, the original Assassins were members of the Nizaris, a Muslim group who opposed the Abbasid caliphate with threats of sudden assassination by their secret agents. Other populations of the area regarded the Nizaris as unorthodox outcasts, and from this attitude came one of the names for the group, ḥaššāšīn, a word originally meaning "hashish users," which had become a general term of abuse. Reliable sources offer no evidence of hashish use by Nizari agents, but sensationalistic stories of murderous, drug-crazed ḥaššāšīn or Assassins were widely repeated in Europe. Marco Polo tells a tale of how young Assassins were given a potion and made to yearn for paradise—their reward for dying in action—by being given a life of pleasure. As the legends spread, the word ḥaššāšīn passed through French or Italian and appeared in English as assassin in the 16th century, already with meanings like "treacherous killer."

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Assassin

As*sas"sin\, n. [F. (cf. It. assassino), fr. Ar. `hashishin one who has drunk of the hashish. Under its influence the Assassins of the East, followers of the Shaikh al-Jabal (Old Man of the Mountain), were said to commit the murders required by their chief.] One who kills, or attempts to kill, by surprise or secret assault; one who treacherously murders any one unprepared for defense.

She's got the looks that kills ....man :p
yes...yes..I can get totally enchanted and under the influent by her..:)

fine.jpg

Lonesome Crow said:
She's got the looks that kills ....man :p
yes...yes..I can get totally enchanted and under the influent by her..:)

fine.jpg

o_o I fail to see how this responds to the definition of Assasin, which is the topic of this thread!

:club:

lol

SophiaGrace said:
o_o I fail to see how this responds to the definition of Assasin, which is the topic of this thread!

:club:

lol

Lmao SG..that's a frame taken from that vedio...
A single frame was inserted into the veido..if you blink you'll miss it.

You're a woman...that's why.
Women read love novels...lol

I'm a guy...it's a visual thing .lol
In other words...she re-symbal a typical pyshco ***** to me.
And you know how in trance I get over a pyshco bitches. She worst than hash ...man :p

Latest posts

Back