How can i make money in college

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

evanescencefan91

so i'm starting to feel stressed

i'm going to college

and i've got my tution taken care of so far which is good

but i've found no solution into where i will get money for basic living and crap expenses
my mom's broke

my dad's well off but he's not really generous like at all :(

i've been looking into plasma
but i'm too underweight

so if anyone could give me some ideas as to how to make some money while not sacrificing a lot of studying time could you let me know please

what did you do for money when you were in college

any advice would be great please

thanks

:)

Prostitution....Hey, it's my back up plan! Ok not really. I've heard if you can get into like, a really expensive restruant then ur set, like the ones that cost $100+ a meal.

Maybe you can apply for a grant or apply for food stamps.
If you don't have to pay for your food, you'll have money for other expenses.
This way you can focus on your studies.

It might mess with your pride a little bit...but if you can get over the shame
of collecting food stamps. It might help you build charactor in the
process. Help you build your self-esteem and not worry so much what people
think about you. Once you became successful in your career , you'll always
have a motivating story to tell someone. What you had to go throught just to
get an education in the USA.

Maybe you can fine a weekend job.
Yeap..a waitress makes great tips.
Or find a weekend bartending job...drunks spend all thier money at a bar.lol

Maybe talk to one of your counselors. Maybe there might sometype of intership program available.

I was stupid broke when I was attending college. (not even a university)
I worked full time and went to school full times...my studies suffered after a
while. I worked the grave yard shift and went to school all day.

what about dumpster diving? my wife gets 90% of our food that way & we get so much that we have people coming over every week to pick up the excess. you would be suprised at both the quantity & quality of the food & other things that end up in dumpsters every day.

.. if i get desperate i'll keep your advice in mind aval and markgil

...is dumpster diving safe? what if i eat something and it kills me

:O

ya i'll look into that crow

thanks for the advise guys

evanescencefan91 said:
.. if i get desperate i'll keep your advice in mind aval and markgil

...is dumpster diving safe? what if i eat something and it kills me

:O

ya i'll look into that crow

thanks for the advise guys

well, we dont eat meat or dairy and you can usually tell by smell or sight about the other stuff. my wife has been diving for 6 months now and we haven't had a problem yet. we get a lot of fresh fruits & veggies (much more than we could ever eat) along with canned & boxed goods. she has met people who have been diving for 30 years and they have never attributed an illness to the food they have found. we save over $300/month on groceries by diving along with helping others wit hthe excess. she has been stopped by cops before but they have never hasseled her about it. check out some videos on youtube if you want more info about it. good luck!

Well, I work full time and go to college part time...but I just go to a community college.

What state will you be in? Search "_____ Unemployment" or "____ Department of Labor", filling the _____ with your state....their website should have a pretty current listing of open jobs on it somewhere...most of them do, at any rate. You should be able to filter the list by location, type of work, and hours...find one for about 20 hours a week and you'd probably be fine.

thanks Brian i'll check that out the last 2 hours i've been trying to get some free stuff online

markgil said:
what about dumpster diving? my wife gets 90% of our food that way & we get so much that we have people coming over every week to pick up the excess. you would be suprised at both the quantity & quality of the food & other things that end up in dumpsters every day.

my h and i tried that but we couldnt find anything worth keeping. its a big thing. the group is called Freegons.

I don't know if you can do this where you are, but here in Mississippi if you're a full-time student then you are eligible for food stamps.

I paid for college by working at UPS. The hours were the best and the pay was good too. If you're interested in that but don't want to pick up a lot of boxes look into revenue recovery or customer counter clerk, there might be more but it depends on what type of center you have there. As a part time worker you get paid overtime after 5 hours in one day, so they try to keep you away from 5 hours.

I worked on campus at the library when I was in college. I didn't qualify for the work-study financial aid program, but they always had more jobs to be filled than they had work-study applicants. I was a "regular student employee."

I also worked in a few donut shops, baby sat and tutored.

Good luck!

heretostay said:
markgil said:

my h and i tried that but we couldnt find anything worth keeping. its a big thing. the group is called Freegons.
yes, thats the way it works- sometimes there is nothing other times there is way too much. i would suggest to continue trying as you will find stuff eventually. btw, freegan is a combo of free & vegan.

Check if there are any on-campus jobs or yea.. stick to NavalFluff's plan. :p

Yea on campus jobs are most convenient, a good one to try and get would be working in a computer lab, with those jobs they look for people with modest computer knowledge and all you do is sit around a computer lab surfing the internet and help people when they have issues or questions. Often times the hours are interchangeable and you put in only as much as you want to. You have to find these kinds of jobs quickly though they are taken very rapidly so first or second day there see if you can look into it, and if its already too late this semester, try the next semester:p

Latest posts

Back