How do i forget someone and get on?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawx79

Reaction score
This sounds really crazy but i met a beautiful woman while chatting who lives other side of the planet i'd really like and i think im obsessed by her...I cant get her out of my mind, sometimes we chat and im having hard time to act normally and she is in my mind with everything i do to the point i cant even sleep normally and i cant concentrate on my daily tasks as i used to and this making me insane and heavily depressed because what i would wish for can never happen, so i know the best smartest thing to do is not chat with her her or look at her pictures anymore. She wanted to see my picture but i didnt had the nerf to send it to her afraid she might reject me.
It makes so sad that something that feels so right and good just cant happen. I never felt this about anyone ever in my entire life.

Obsession is not a good thing. How old are you?

Her being on the 'other side of the planet' is not necessarily any obstacle if you have enough resources to help you two meet; perhaps you should use it as an inspiration to work harder?

Think about it this way: You have never met her in real life. how do you even know you two would be good together if you havent spoke to her? You should forget it, take down everything that reminds you of her. Also, this might help.

[youtube]WEqi_X-pnII[/youtube]

JohnHenryEden said:
Think about it this way: You have never met her in real life. how do you even know you two would be good together if you havent spoke to her? You should forget it, take down everything that reminds you of her. Also, this might help.

That's rather drastic. I've met people online on the 'other side of the world' such as it was(well, a thousand miles away, I suppose) and sometimes the gut instinct does work in knowing if you'll get along well with someone. There are significant obstacles sometimes, though.

JohnHenryEden said:

Maybe this is the best advice but i feel like if i did that im unable to continue with my life, i cant even image how i managed to cope with life before i met her and at this moment it feels like i wont be able to continue to be happy again without her, is this temporary? Will i get over her if removed her completely from my life?

Hawx79 said:
JohnHenryEden said:

Maybe this is the best advice but i feel like if i did that im unable to continue with my life, i cant even image how i managed to cope with life before i met her and at this moment it feels like i wont be able to continue to be happy again without her, is this temporary? Will i get over her if removed her completely from my life?

I have been in your situation many times before. An obsession is never a good thing and in this case, it is because you lack a social life and you have self esteem issues. You already fear rejection if you send her a photo. In real life, at least you know what you're getting because you meet people face to face and what they see is what they get. If you have some friends, and girls that you hang around with, you'd be more likely to be able to think clearly and this wouldn't even be a problem to you, let alone an obsession with a girl over the internet. You speak to some pretty girl whom you've never conversed or met in real life AND she has not seen you or know the real you or what your life is, you think happiness is on the way.

My advice is to first establish your life in terms of a career and social life, and then take it slow. I think it's good to learn to have confidence and self worth because when you don't, you'll end up prowling online for people who also have no self esteem and you hope to get something out of it. But will it ever change or improve your life? No. And a lot of times we have problems liking ourselves or having confidence because we lack knowledge e.g we didn't complete school, we don't even have a steady job, we don't even know how to have social skills, we're not constantly learning new things, etc. All these contribute to more problems.

You can keep in touch with this girl and what knots. But please don't think getting a chick online will solve all your real life problems. Never obsess about someone online. I did that a lot in my life and regretted it a lot.

Hawx79 said:
JohnHenryEden said:

You'll get over her ! Time does that. Might take awhile but gradually she won't mean so much to you.

That's always happened to me !

Good Luck !

Send her your picture, if she stops liking you because of the way you look, tell her she's a b*tch and to f-off. If she is both physically and emotionally attracted by you after seeing your pic, then anything is possible...other side of the world or not.

In an act of despair I poured out my heart to her how i felt, i think i freaked her out, she treated me really cold and now she doesnt talk to me at all :(
Now i will not bother her anymore but i miss her so much even after one day of not talking at all :( i feel a deep wound in my heart, i feel as lonely as never before. Just wanna drop dead and cry...

Hawx79 said:
In an act of despair I poured out my heart to her how i felt, i think i freaked her out, she treated me really cold and now she doesnt talk to me at all :(
Now i will not bother her anymore but i miss her so much even after one day of not talking at all :( i feel a deep wound in my heart, i feel as lonely as never before. Just wanna drop dead and cry...

Don't worry...the feeling will go away. Look at it this way, at least you know she's not your type and you'll find someone better anyways. It's really not worth it to drop dead over someone from the Internet.

Why is it impossible? If the two of you REALLY wish to meet in person, why not make it happen? Why not choose a rendezvous point where both of you would be required to travel a good distance to?

If you tell me finances, then I'll say okay... I get it. But MAKE PLANS! Don't say it is IMPOSSIBLE! As extreme as it sounds, if I thought I'd be meeting someone with whom I could build a meaningful relationship, I'd make plans to make it happen.

And if you hadn't quite freaked out, things could have possibly worked out between you and the girl. Take it as a lesson in the future - don't get obsessed and don't panic. Being nervous is only going to freak out the other side just as much and you end up with everyone unhappy.

That said, you have not answered my question about your age and I suspect you are not really reading replies.

jjam said:
Why is it impossible? If the two of you REALLY wish to meet in person, why not make it happen? Why not choose a rendezvous point where both of you would be required to travel a good distance to?

If you tell me finances, then I'll say okay... I get it. But MAKE PLANS! Don't say it is IMPOSSIBLE! As extreme as it sounds, if I thought I'd be meeting someone with whom I could build a meaningful relationship, I'd make plans to make it happen.

Sadly, this takes TWO hands to clap.

IgnoredOne said:
And if you hadn't quite freaked out, things could have possibly worked out between you and the girl. Take it as a lesson in the future - don't get obsessed and don't panic. Being nervous is only going to freak out the other side just as much and you end up with everyone unhappy.

That said, you have not answered my question about your age and I suspect you are not really reading replies.

Youre wrong, i read thru every reply and i appreciate them alot, im 32 and suffering from an extremely low self esteem, i think its mostly due to being unemployed and loneliness, i have nothing going for me at this point.

beans said:
Hawx79 said:

Don't worry...the feeling will go away. Look at it this way, at least you know she's not your type and you'll find someone better anyways. It's really not worth it to drop dead over someone from the Internet.

agree with beans, of course. but beans, don't say please that someone from the Internet is not worth of dropping dead. you hurt my feelings :) seriously

rivermaze said:
agree with beans, of course. but beans, don't say please that someone from the Internet is not worth of dropping dead. you hurt my feelings :) seriously

I met my significant other on the internet. And on a game too. I won't mention what that game was though. xD

Anyways... I find that if you were willing to tell her so much about how much you cared about her, and she turned it all away with a cold an indifferent hand... then she wasn't worth your time buddy. :( There are better women out there. And I know that forgetting is not easy. It just takes time, and meeting the right person. :)

The best way to scare away a girl is to freak out and get obsessed with her. You may have had a chance with her, but freaking out ended it, I'm sorry to say. I highly suggest focusing on getting some part of your life together if you don't wish it to happen again.

IgnoredOne said:
The best way to scare away a girl is to freak out and get obsessed with her. You may have had a chance with her, but freaking out ended it, I'm sorry to say. I highly suggest focusing on getting some part of your life together if you don't wish it to happen again.

Yes that is truly what i experienced and i learnt my lesson but this would not have happened if i had a good job, friends and a steady social life. Its that im often depressed about my life that i was just holding tightly on her as if it was the only good thing going for me, and it was...

You only need /one/ thing to start with to gain some confidence in yourself again. Focus on what that one thing is - I'm not sure what is your situation, but I do believe that you can start on one part. There will be other incredible women, at least.

Latest posts

Back