How do u know it ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lina

Reaction score
I have a question:
how do u know u are in love ? and does love really exist ?

You don't really know it, I don't think. Until you're feeling something. Even then, you wouldn't know if it's love or not. Not in my experience so far.

And yes I think love does really exist.

I think being in love is pointless. I think it's an invention of Western Society. I do think Love itself transcends cultural boundaries though.

Being in love is transient.

Listen to the cyniccccccccccccc :D (me)

Lina said:
I have a question:

I would think it's 'thinking about someone all day and every day'

I'm not sure the difference between love and 'a crush' though !

I just knew in my heart that I was in love with her. When you first start a relationship with someone it can be a whirlwind of emotions and attraction, and that's how it was for us. We both knew that we were in love, but we were too young to necessarily know what the future held, or knew what it truly meant to love each other.

It wasn't until we were together for a few years and had both truly joyous moments and epic, earth shaking arguments that we became more than lovers, we became best friends. That didn't mean that our relationship was always fun and easy, it was sometimes very difficult. Its because of both the good and bad times we had that we loved each other. So yes, love is real.

But I shouldn't get all nostalgic. You probably want practical advice instead of a life story, so here it is: I said earler that a new relationship can be a whirlwind of emotions and attraction, and that can be a very dangerous thing. You can be completely convinced that you love someone without knowing enough about them. So later, you might find out something that you don't like about your partner, and it can break your heart.

So if you're starting a new relationship don't worry about whether you're in love or not right now. Just take your time. Have some good times and some pointless arguments. Be friends with them, while dating or before, so you can get to know each other. If you do find that its love, let it grow naturally. Don't rush it or put yourself completely into a relationship right away.

You just know when you're in Love. It's not all about sex and the physical side of things. You want to be there for them. Yes some people are like that with friends. But when it comes to Love, this applies to that one person more then anyone.

Only you knows, nobody else can actually tell you,
but if you want I can tell you how I know. :shy:

I think love- romantic love- is something your grow into. It deepens the more you really get to know someone. I think you know its love when you know a person inside and out. It is an awakening...... a quickening.....an ah ha moment :)

SophiaGrace said:
I think being in love is pointless.

Is this for real? How do you say that, yet in another thread you state:

SophiaGrace said:
I don't see the point in dating without commitment.

I must be missing something there, because that doesn't really add up.

But how do you know it? I don't know. I guess you just do. You want to be with them, do for them, care about them... People have different times and whatnot in which they do start loving on a person.

Im not even sure that I know what love between two people (that aren't family) is anymore. Maybe I never did....

A lot of times, love is actually lust, infatuation, etc especially in the beginning stages or first several months - love takes time IMHO.

Bones said:
A lot of times, love is actually lust, infatuation, etc especially in the beginning stages or first several months - love takes time IMHO.

This seems accurate. I guess when some of the lust and infatuation fades a bit, you'd best **** have a solid foundation of....something else to land on? :p

EveWasFramed said:
Im not even sure that I know what love between two people (that aren't family) is anymore. Maybe I never did....

My sentiments exactly..

Lina said:
I have a question:

I have felt very powerful feelings for someone, but I don't know if that is love.
Is love an extreme emotion, or is it a slow burn?
Is it a fiery feeling in our hearts, or a safe, comforting feeling?

I have often wondered if I've ever been in love. My answer is that I feel that I have felt it, but no one has felt the same intensity for me at the same moment.

No matter who I'm with, someone seems to have more intense feelings for the other. I only wish I could find someone who actually matched my own intensity.

For me love has always been the moment I realised I cared as much for that person as I did for myself. It was strange, and despite everything else. I couldn't simply forget it. I also had to work on it if I wanted the feelings to last. Not all love is meant too, but I do believe it is possible.

Lina said:
I have a question:

I think love definitely exists. There are just different types/forms of love. Like love between family, or friends, or romantic partners.

I think you know when you're in love when you want to share your life with someone and you want them to share their lives with you. Like you want to be there with them for all their good times and bad. And you'd want to be close to them more intimately than with anyone else you know.

Since many artists try to explain it for like thousands of years, I guess there is no easy answer... you feel it, or you do not.
You can be in love for a very long time, that doesn't mean you feel it hundred percent all the time though.

Latest posts

Back