How do you know a girl likes you? And what hints do YOU take the wrong way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manwithhat2

Reaction score
I find myself having a hard time finding out if a girl is genuinely interested in me or is just being nice. How can you tell when a girl is interested (in your experience) and what kind of things do you take the wrong way?

you mean in a sexual manner and not in a freindship
kimd of way?

wheather shes in a relationship or not..
she has a sort of sparkle in her eyes when see me.
Shell wanna hang out a liitle lomger, talk a little
more. Get a little closer than the average...how's
is the weather like today....

Its kind da really easy. While communicating
with her....even while shes talking about whatever..
Take a slight step back....Shell step towards you
without even thinking about it.
Simple, subtle stuff like that.

Shell make one excuse or another to contact you
and make herself availiable to you.

you can even renove yourself from a room
such as a bar or a hang out place.
Go outside to be by yourself....ect.
Evenrally shell cone outside and chit chat
with ya....

Are you in HS?....
You never notice that one chicks thatll always
wanna sit next to you in various claasses?

Always voulunteer to be on the same team
with you...whatever projects or in gym class.

If a woman is being nice to me I usually assume shes interested. Not always of course, but usually.

I am hopeless at picking up signals. For me, someone would have to tell me straightout that they fancy me, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.

Its more about being brave enough to ask when the times right, but feeling like you might get a yes beforehand obviously makes that easier. There are different situations, ones where its so obvious you need your head examining if you can't see it, ones where you have no idea but you are feeling brave enough to just come out with it and to hell with moping about thoughts of rejection. So it will fall somewhere in between these extremes. The more you can count on your own confidence rather than someones "signals" the better. Just ask, whats the worst that can happen? You might get a no but you can lick your wounds and be pleased you asked, theres no shame in it. I'm shy at times but I don't like walking away thinking, **** I wished I'd asked.

To quote the Smiths

"Shyness is nice, and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
You'd like to" :)

manwithhat2 said:
I find myself having a hard time finding out if a girl is genuinely interested in me or is just being nice. How can you tell when a girl is interested (in your experience) and what kind of things do you take the wrong way?

I'm terrible at figuring this out myself.

I've found a good sign is:

- A girl touches you while talking to you (arms, hands, or chest usually)
- She looks into your eyes and holds your gaze when you're looking into hers
- She frequently likes to hang around with you and laughs/smiles a lot when you talk to her.

Also, something else I've noticed, if you're really nice to a girl in some way and she sort of laughs and starts looking at the floor afterwards in a slightly shy fashion, that seems to be a big indicator she likes you too.

Unfortunately, I don't know what a guy's meant to do next. So far I've had a girl ask me out to places, but we've never had a relationship or anything.

I've never been able to figure that out myself. I always figured they were just being nice to me. As guys we're stereotypically oblivious to stuff like that, lol. Some women are just flirty by nature and don't mean anything more than just that. Most of the articles I've read on the subject mainly say the same thing, be direct.

Sci-Fi said:
I've never been able to figure that out myself. I always figured they were just being nice to me. As guys we're stereotypically oblivious to stuff like that, lol. Some women are just flirty by nature and don't mean anything more than just that. Most of the articles I've read on the subject mainly say the same thing, be direct.

Asking personel questions is a good sign I think.

Such as 'how is your wife ?'

This woman 10 years ago asked me that. She was fishing to see if I was single or not.

TheSolitaryMan said:

- She frequently likes to hang around with you and laughs/smiles a lot when you talk to her.

As a woman, I'd have to say that generally I agree with these, especially the touching. Another good sign is a woman moving in closer physically, when she sitting or standing next to you. For me this is especially a big thing, because I have a thing about personal space boundaries.

For example, when people invade my space just standing in line at the grocery store, I get anxious. In a date scenario, when someone starts touching me before I give the signal by moving in closer myself, I either feel creeped out or violated, or both. I went out on a casual "let's get an ice cream and get to know each other" date last year (the summertime version of a coffee date lol) and the guy kept putting his hands on the small of my back and waist while we were standing in line. At first it made me uncomfortable, but as he continued to do it - despite the fact that I did not reciprocate physical contact or even smile at him to invite further touching, and finally I had to resort to moving as far away from him as I could - it began to repulse and anger me.

If I let someone into my space, it's a huge indicator that I like him.

So, even though every woman is an individual, it can't hurt for you to be aware of body language and facial expressions - yours and hers, and above all, know when to back the fresia off. If she smiles back at you, it's a good signal; if she shudders as if revolted, give another girl else a go or re-think your moves.

TheSolitaryMan said:
manwithhat2 said:

I'm terrible at figuring this out myself.

Also, something else I've noticed, if you're really nice to a girl in some way and she sort of laughs and starts looking at the floor afterwards in a slightly shy fashion, that seems to be a big indicator she likes you too.

Unfortunately, I don't know what a guy's meant to do next. So far I've had a girl ask me out to places, but we've never had a relationship or anything.

I'm pretty sure this is the next move ......

imagegyy.jpg

lol.. I used to stare a lot when I thought someone was cute or interesting. Getting caught would be embarrasing though. In fact.... I always did this. Always.

Oh man, I tend to laugh or giggle when talking at times... but part of that is being shy or cause I'm just enjoying the convo. Simple as that. :\

Latest posts

Back