How do you stop the doubts creeping in ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SofiasMami said:
What happened? Did I miss something?

-Teresa

Nothing to be worried about.

I tried talking to her on Saturday, the shop was quiet. It was just me and her. I said 'Hi', asked her a few things. It was like talking to a brick wall. Nothing from her at all. Just a few uninterested 'grunts'

And I know she could be stressed or having a bad day but I can't be bothered with her anymore. She is in fact very dull and boring. And I don't think I would enjoy her company at all.

Some of the lasses at work, I have such a laugh with them - there isn't any comparison with this woman. I have no idea why I pretended I liked her in the first place !

Just seen her in town walking arm in arm with some bloke.
So that's the end of that. But at least I know and at least I didn't make a fool out of myself asking her out.

Triple Bogey said:
So that's the end of that. But at least I know and at least I didn't make a fool out of myself asking her out.

Depending on the girl, it might just be a friend. I've walked arm in arm with my guy friends before. It doesn't always mean they are together.

The choice is yours, of course, I just wanted to point out that appearances aren't always what you think they are.

TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:

Depending on the girl, it might just be a friend. I've walked arm in arm with my guy friends before. It doesn't always mean they are together.

The choice is yours, of course, I just wanted to point out that appearances aren't always what you think they are.

Nah I could tell they look a couple. It's happened a million times before to me. Years ago I would be upset. Today I don't care that much.

It was strange I happen to see her though. I went into town and went to this shop and she just happened to be walking past. At that moment. One minute early or late either way and I wouldn't have seen her. I turned away so she couldn't see me. On my way there I wondered if I would see her. I know she works in town. I imagined talking to her asking her out. I had this little story playing in my head, me chatting to her and then asking her for a drink. I even thought of coming on here and writing about it. And there she was. But with some fella. Weird.

OK, so she apparently found someone. But it’s not like she betrayed you or anything. I would suggest you continue as before. Keep up the interest and friendliness towards her. This bloke might just be someone who asked her out, so they’re dating. She might learn that she doesn’t like him so much. Anyways, if she starts getting friendly with you again, why don’t you slip her a note? You’re very articulate. I know you’re worried about what’s appropriate in the work place, but you need to live your life. Alternatively you could make arrangements with a coworker so you can get away long enough to talk to this woman. You can just tell your boss I said it was OK. :)

Blue Bob said:
OK, so she apparently found someone. But it’s not like she betrayed you or anything. I would suggest you continue as before. Keep up the interest and friendliness towards her. This bloke might just be someone who asked her out, so they’re dating. She might learn that she doesn’t like him so much. Anyways, if she starts getting friendly with you again, why don’t you slip her a note? You’re very articulate. I know you’re worried about what’s appropriate in the work place, but you need to live your life. Alternatively you could make arrangements with a coworker so you can get away long enough to talk to this woman. You can just tell your boss I said it was OK. :)

Nah, she isn't worth the hassle. I never saw any of the little signs that she was bothered anyway. A bit of chit chat at the till means sod all really. She always mentioned she went to places with someone else but never said who it was. He's probably a long term boyfriend who lives with her but they never got married.

I'm not heart broken because I didn't like her that much. She was hard to talk to and I don't like women like that. She just looked interesting. It took me ages to find out if she was single or not. Time to move on.

Next time, take more initiative. Please? We've all been saying this, from the very beginning.

Batman55 said:
Next time, take more initiative. Please? We've all been saying this, from the very beginning.

No, I don't think I did anything wrong to be honest.
I never met her in a place where I could talk properly and find out stuff about her. eg was she single or not. Yes it took miles too long to find out but in the end I did.

I never saw anything from her that suggested she was interested. When she walked in the shop she never glanced towards me. That's a very good sign, a sneaky peek to see if I am behind the counter. A lot of customers actually do that. It proves I am on their mind. They walk in and look to see if I am there, maybe because they want to have a chat or something. This woman never did that. She was never interested. She never notices when I am not there either and others do all the time.

I was talking to her the other day and she said 'whatever you do, in the end life will be a failure'
I was like - okay a bit pessimistic there. I never said anything of course.
I don't think I would have got on with her. She's been pessimistic in the past (Once claimed our football team would lose if she watched the match on TV)
No idea why I 'liked' her. Maybe because she looked single (which is a fools game) and seemed quiet. She was okay looking I guess.
Once I knew she was with somebody my attitude changed. I don't think I liked her that much. I don't look forward to talking to her like I used to.
Of course I do my job which is talking to the customers. But I don't treat her any different to anybody else.

I had given up on this woman a few months ago. I didn't think she was interested at all. Anyway today, I don't know if it was festive spirit on her part but I had a really long chat with her. She seemed different, there was eye contact and I think she wanted to wish me a merry Christmas or something. But I didn't get to serve her at first it was somebody else.

I went back to my work place and bumped into her doing some more shopping. She looked at me and smiled. It was different than normal. Usually I am trying to talk to the back of her head. She doesn't look at me or anything and it is always very awkward and strained. But today she wanted to talk so we chatted about Christmas and work and familes. She mentioned her Christmas day was just her and her Mam. I wondered where the bloke was who I had seen on her arm earlier on in the year.

So we talked and it was nice. And then I went back onto the tills because there was a big queue and did get to serve her. I told her about my secret santa present.

After I realized I could have easily slipped in a 'shall we go for a coffee ?' in all my chat but I didn't. A few reasons. I was at work, I don't really like asking people anything, she has a fella (or did have) and I have no balls. And maybe because I didn't want to. She's nice but maybe not nice enough. I don't know. Do I need the hassle ?

Anyway I already betting she is totally different next time I see her. Really off with me. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back