How does it feel?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't get what i meant to ask. How does it feel to be an option in someone's life like a plan B, not plan A?

It doesn't feel nice. Being Number 2 in something is in general something good, but being Number 1 should always be the aim. In relationships, where two partners are in general one too much, it is not good to be Number 2, since that means that you lost.
As well, you can never be more than the lover or the mistress, while the Number 1 becomes the husband/wife and the father/mother of their kids...

So I would say, that it doesn't feel nice... but I guess that depends on what you want. If being the second is enough for a person, than it maybe could work... but I doubt that a person can accept such a fate for very long. Just my opinion, others may say something different.

I once had dinner with a girl who told me that "you wouldn’t be my first choice but now...yeah...I can see me spending my life with a guy like you" which I’m still not sure if it was a compliment or an insult :rolleyes:

Bah. Back up man. I'd take back-up man than 'reject' man, any day. That is precisely what is wrong with kids these days. Young little whipper-snappers, or, as they say in England, "Saucy little ankle-biters".

Although, if the woman is hot, then I wouldn't mind to much that she settled for me. It just shows that she is a practical woman. And I like practical women. :D

(Note, this is coming from a guy who is afraid to look a girl in the eye, because he think his grin is too "cheesy".)

I wouldn't be ok with being a second option although I often get guys who "settle" for me. It makes me question my self worth and that's not a good way to start any relationship. That's just what I think.

WHAT?? I don't believe any guy would willingly tell his girlfriend that he is "settling" for her. That's quite...unsettling. *badum-ksh*

"And the sound of crickets chirping in an orgy of loneliness filled the world, where it was heard by kluh-tuh, the cosmic owl, who shed a single, solitary...tear. T_T"

I guess it makes me a bit of an hypocrite, I guess. :( Although, I should mention I have no experience with the opposite sex.(Well, actually, I have a ton of experience with the opposite sex. But for some reason girls tell me that dating Sims don't count. Go figure. :DDD)

Wessik said:
WHAT?? I don't believe any guy would willingly tell his girlfriend that he is "settling" for her. That's quite...unsettling. *badum-ksh*

"And the sound of crickets chirping in an orgy of loneliness filled the world, where it was heard by kluh-tuh, the cosmic owl, who shed a single, solitary...tear. T_T"

I guess it makes me a bit of an hypocrite, I guess. :( Although, I should mention I have no experience with the opposite sex.(Well, actually, I have a ton of experience with the opposite sex. But for some reason girls tell me that dating Sims don't count. Go figure. :DDD)

I know what you mean...I settle for blow up dolls all the time :D

No, I haven't ever been a backup guy. I think I'm very good at reading people in most cases and I know when something is real. If I thought I was being settled for like that, I would never be happy.

Latest posts

Back