how to ease my girlfriend's mind about moving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty

Reaction score
Hi,
So my girlfriend is supposed to move-in next Friday, but she's starting to get nervous and re-think things. She seems to be pulling minor fixable details out and she's getting really worried about everything.

What can I say that'll ease her mind and make her stop worrying?

smitty said:
Hi,
So my girlfriend is supposed to move-in next Friday, but she's starting to get nervous and re-think things. She seems to be pulling minor fixable details out and she's getting really worried about everything.

What can I say that'll ease her mind and make her stop worrying?

I'd assess whether it's an actual problem or just nerves. I mean, if it's going to put potential strain on your relationship or you feel maybe she's not ready from the way she's acting, you could support her and delay the move-in a bit.

On the other hand, if she's just being nervous because it's all new to her, I'd just take her to one side privately, give her a hug and talk her through how it's all happening again, making sure she's happy with it.

If she's relaxed about it all, it's more likely that she won't find issues with moving in...if she's ready.

She's your girlfriend after all, I expect you know how to comfort her better than anyone on here can advise you :)

Have you talked about it?

It's possible that she may not be ready to make that move yet. It doesn't mean that she doesn't love you, but it is a big step for her to take.

Try sitting down with her and having a conversation about it.

She had been all into it up until last night. This is her first time moving-in with someone

Two words: chloroform, face cloth. It also works as a aphrodisiac for both men and women. ;)

Latest posts

Back