How to format?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanlan

Reaction score
I'm trying hard but I don't know how to quote other people or emphasise things etc, anyone any tips?

Thank you!

Well, I always just use the "quick reply" box... so when I quote someone, I use the quote tags [@quote=*namehere*][@/quote] and put the copied text between them. And remove the "@," then put the name of the person you're quoting instead of *namehere*. Here's what it ends up looking like:

Lanlan said:
Thank you!

The same rule applies for bold text, [@b] and [@/b]. Just remove the "@," put whatever you want to be bold between those two tags and it will look like this.

And also italicized text, [@i] and [@/i]. Take out the "@," Put the text you want italicized between these tags, and it will look like this.

There... I hope that helps a bit. :p But in the normal reply window, there are buttons you push that automatically insert the tags for you, so you don't have to type them out every time. I just personally like to type them. :p I hope I explained things clearly enough! heh

Lanlan said:
I'm trying hard but I don't know how to quote other people or emphasise things etc, anyone any tips?

Thank you!

Just hit "reply" (at the bottom of the post you want to reply to) and it will automatically quote the text of whomever you're replying to. It also has text/fonts features when you click to reply. Look up at the top of the box you're typing in, after clicking "reply" and you will see all sorts of text options.

Latest posts

Back