how to not end up being alone in a new country

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectacles77

Reaction score
Hey there,

I am so glad i found this site, and I already feeling good that its not just me who is going throught this.. Im a 24 year old guy and i came to UK 1 year ago and while i was in my country I had my close friends 3-4 only but i was fairly social but I came to UK with a aim to be more social specialy poeple from abroad you know.

I am decent looking guy, working online, making enough money, but Im getting bored now from my routine. I have friends here who are from my country but they all busy on weekends so I dont have anyone to go out to Parties, clubs or pubs...I want to be more social but I just cant do it. I am shy, maybe low on confident what to do in this huge city of London with sea of people but still feel alone ?

any suggestion or will be welcome :) and fresia its friday night again :(

Maybe you could forget about clubs and pubs for a while and think about activities where you would get the chance to talk to people and get to know them. What about evening classes during the week and maybe finding discussion groups/reading groups or meetup groups for the weekend? The problem with pubs and clubs is that they are more geared towards people who already have someone to go there with, and you need to get to know people first.

Yes, google 'meetup' and it should take you to the site. I wish you all the best. Hope you come back and let me know what happens.

Im a 24 year old guy and i came to UK 1 year ago and while i was in my country I had my close friends 3-4 only but i was fairly social but I came to UK with a aim to be more social specialy poeple from abroad you know.

any suggestion or will be welcome :) and fresia its friday night again :(

Have you ever heard of pub crawls?

I'm sure they have those in London; it's like a group of local people in any city that organize get togethers and free nightlife tours for other locals, singles or newcomers around your age.

All you have to do is google it, contact them online and join them on a friday night...it's nothing tacky, really spontanious and most of the people are probably in the same situation as you.

I've actually been on a few in brazil and it was definitely worth it!

See if you can join a church or community group. There are always activities going on, and you'll be able to find a friend through one of those activities.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back