Howdy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Freik

I'm an 18 year old guy from Arizona. I just graduated this spring and have been feeling especially lonely lately, though my recent wave of lonely-ness goes back to about late April.

I don't understand what it is, but I just don't fit in with people very well. I don't have a group of people that I can associate myself with. As far as I can tell I'm 100% unique/different/me.

I became very aware of this at the end of April when I went with 200 other band student to our traditional Disney Land Trip. Both of the mornings we were at the parks I couldn't find any groups to go with, so I found myself finding the nearest people I knew and kind of just tagged along. I don't think they even acknowledged I was there.

Then came Prom. I had an excellent self-confidence boost from my ability to actually ask a girl and get her to go with me. This was a complicated relationship (even before and after prom), to say the least. For most of the time at the dance she was with her friends (who I didn't really know) which left me wandering around by myself and getting sick off of Pepsi.

Up to this point friends had been leaving me left and right, and the only person I had left was this girl. She was my best friend and very possibly one of my only friends. She is one of the few people who aren't family who I can say I love. However, I believe I became too bold in our relationship and accidently ended it the night after prom. We didn't have sex (just incase you were thinking that) That's not what ended the relationship. It was a kiss. That's what I still don't fully understand.

So now that I lost my best friend and my love in one night, I locked myself in an emotional closet and waited untill after graduation so I could start forgetting. Needless to say, I haven't forgoten yet. And now I sit here, once again, alone with no friends to hang out with on the weekend.

Sorry about the wall of text :D
Typing that and getting it out just felt soooo good. I think I can get to bed now.

Hello Friek :)
Nice to meet you. It is good to get things out, especially when there are people who can relate to you...lol I was a loner in school as well.
I feel ya. Look forward to seeing you around, kiddo.

Hello Friek,

Welcome to the forum. I just don't get how this can be a common occurence for alot of us out there, I had a hard time fitting in with people at my polytech and had no one to hang out with, didn't last there long but the issue seems to follow me to the age I am now.

Welcome Freik
Sure sounds like you are in the right place :)

Haven't had such a warm welcome like this on the internet in a long while. You guys are great!

Hiya

You will find a lot of people on this site are really warm and friendly.

As I read more and more of the posts that are on this website I am alarmed by the numbers of us affected by relationships so badly...but stick with it. The light will appear at the end of the tunnel one day...otherwise why are we all here?

Freik said:
I'm an 18 year old guy from Arizona. I just graduated this spring and have been feeling especially lonely lately, though my recent wave of lonely-ness goes back to about late April.

I don't understand what it is, but I just don't fit in with people very well. I don't have a group of people that I can associate myself with. As far as I can tell I'm 100% unique/different/me.

I became very aware of this at the end of April when I went with 200 other band student to our traditional Disney Land Trip. Both of the mornings we were at the parks I couldn't find any groups to go with, so I found myself finding the nearest people I knew and kind of just tagged along. I don't think they even acknowledged I was there.

Then came Prom. I had an excellent self-confidence boost from my ability to actually ask a girl and get her to go with me. This was a complicated relationship (even before and after prom), to say the least. For most of the time at the dance she was with her friends (who I didn't really know) which left me wandering around by myself and getting sick off of Pepsi.

Up to this point friends had been leaving me left and right, and the only person I had left was this girl. She was my best friend and very possibly one of my only friends. She is one of the few people who aren't family who I can say I love. However, I believe I became too bold in our relationship and accidently ended it the night after prom. We didn't have sex (just incase you were thinking that) That's not what ended the relationship. It was a kiss. That's what I still don't fully understand.

So now that I lost my best friend and my love in one night, I locked myself in an emotional closet and waited untill after graduation so I could start forgetting. Needless to say, I haven't forgoten yet. And now I sit here, once again, alone with no friends to hang out with on the weekend.

Sorry about the wall of text :D
Typing that and getting it out just felt soooo good. I think I can get to bed now.

ya that sounded exactly like my post-highschool-experience??i was in band too and i also had annual trip to disneyland. i never really fit in with anyone neither, i remember clearly during high school, if a class would be split into groups, i am always the one that is left wandering around, that one person who always has no group...and my prom fell apart as well, mostly like you said, left wandering around by urself and u dates hanging out with her friends... later it became a very hostile situation few years down the line.... its hard, its been about 4 years after high school, and im still trying to forget.... now i really dont have friends anymore. but freik you are in a better situation than i am, just go to a good college and party your ass off, then ull probably forget.

Latest posts

Back