human contact

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Do you have any human contact with anyone?Or do you just like staying by yourself,and keeping to yourself?

I am alone most of the time, but I do crave human contact and I try to put myself out there for it. I work, and during my work hours I talk to customers and my teammates, 95% of our conversations revolve around work, and that's alright at least I'm not boring them. Now I work at home so I never see anybody, we talk mostly in chat, but a lot of times on the phone too and then I talk to the customers as well. So like on the weekends i'm one person who is sometimes looking forward to Monday believe it or not so I'll have someone to talk to, even if it is about technical stuff (I do IT for a living, but I like it and I like talking about it as well).

Other then that, on the nights and weekends I really have nobody to talk to, I most text with anybody else and that's very limited.

I always keep to myself. The only human interaction I have is with the Walmart greeter when I pick up supplies a couple times a month. I smile at them and nod. They smile back and say welcome. For a brief moment they are my best friend! I actually do like that BTW.

Other then that almost all my other interactions are negative. It's either something went wrong and I'm forced to speak to someone, or they want more information from me, or something else is not right. But, I usually try to keep a smile on my face and use friendly chit chat in order to get through whatever it is as quickly as possible. For instance I updated my addresses at a bank and their system was having problems. It took 40 minutes. Yeah, no honeysuckle, crazy!!! But, I smiled and joked with the teller when I really wanted to scream, WTF is the **** problem!

BTW, self check out at stores is the best thing ever invented! Love it!!!!!

Hopefully next year I will be able to have surgery to deafen myself. Then I will always wear a shirt that says, "I am deaf so please do not try to speak to me." I know I'll have to have something on my back for the people that get offended when I don't respond to their words as in, "Hey! I'm speaking to you? What's your problem? Are you deaf or something???" I already ignore people so I've heard people shouting those sentences at me already. I chuckle at how mad some of them get. Ha! ha!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back