husband

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
celticgirl2000 said:
my husband had an affair a year ago but the girl still phones here, do I have a right to make a fuss and say she shouldn't be phoning him

Oh Hell yes.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take this up with my husband. Immediately.

It seems to be an issue of respect. If the affair is well and truly over and you showed him the mercy to keep him on instead of sending him packing, then IMHO, he ought to be thanking the Heavens above for his good fortune and make damned certain that his indiscretion does not keep calling. Change the phone number if she doesn't get the message.

oh man....

It's bad enough that you have to deal with infidelity and trying to heal from it.
The cheaters don't relized nor care about the damaged that's been done.

I'd take it up with your husband. Tell him to stop fuckin around and make up his
fcuken mind. There's nothing to negociate. He's has to be the one that tells her.
Be a fucken man and stop the bleeding...He created the damages. It's his responsiblity
to clean up his mess. He needs to stop hurting her and stop hurting you.
He lied to both of you and himself. If he thought he was de man for running around..
then tell him to be a man and make it right. Anything less..is just him being an immature spoil little child
in a shell body of a man.

I'm not sure how clear your mental and emotions are at the moment.
I'm not sure how much guilt and shame you're still carrying around.
Cheater usually blame their partner and shift the blame.
It seems that you are not clear to be asking this question to begin with.
You're still second guessing yourself.

Screw guilt. Kick his ass to the crub.
He'll continue to live or allow it to happen, as long as you accept it.

I'm suprised you haven't tracked this skank down and whooped her ass...but that might just be me :p If someone cheated on me I would most likely kill the person they did it with...or at least try :p

Hell yea. Why should be be calling anyways?
I would kick her ass if she called again.

You definitely have the right. As if having an affair isn't showing you enough disrespect. Does he talk to her when she phones? I suppose if you want to preserve your marriage you have to be diplomatic to a point, but she should be out of your lives.

celticgirl2000 said:
my husband had an affair a year ago but the girl still phones here, do I have a right to make a fuss and say she shouldn't be phoning him

Hell yes. If your husband had an affair with this person you have every right to insist on 'no contact'. That not only includes phone calls but also text messaging, emails, and every other form of contact. He should be willing to do that as a part of his attempt to make amends to you and to help ease your mind.

If they happen to be coworkers that does make things more difficult but can still be limited to work related items which for most people does not include calling them at home.

and i will repeat a couple lines that Lonesome Crow said...

"Cheater usually blame their partner and shift the blame.
He'll continue to live or allow it to happen, as long as you accept it."

Latest posts

Back