I am SO DISAPPOINTED right now! Help!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyYogi

Reaction score
Okay, it's not that big a deal but I feel so disappointed right now!

I think this disappointed reflects upon my loneliness!!!

I am in a long term relationship. We planned to do a "pumpkin night" here in the city with another couple and others. We got the tickets and everything weeks ago.

I just found out I got the wrong date.

That means no group, no others just me and my bf.

While I do enjoy doing things with my bf...I am SO lonely for more people in my life!

When I found out I got this wrong my heart SUNK!

I have NO MOTIVATION to go now. As much as I love artistic and creative things, I wanted to go as a GROUP. NOT ALONE with my bf!!!

I am so upset and this, I think, points to my isolation.

I am so needing OTHER company I get so upset when it doesn't come thru.

And to top it off, the couple who invited us, I asked if we could go to dinner beforehand (would've been GREAT to have new conversation, etc) she didn't seem upset we had the wrong night. I am not sure if she cared. She just said no one else could get that night either.

So I feel sort of not important to her as well...story of my life.

Please someone help lift me up. I am trying to better my life, make it more joyful, connected and I try so hard and I make a stupid mistake.

Is there anyway to swap the tickets out? Or perhaps they would exchange the date on them?

I am assuming this is something that will have a lot of people at, right? Use it as a way of meeting new people, you are all going to be there for the same reason. Strike up a conversation with people near you, say hello to people or ask what someone else thinks of something.
It may not be what you intended, but it could still turn into something good.

Well you could still do the dinner before her pumpkin night! Not the most ideal situation but it would give you a bit of something to salvage at least.

Limlin that is an excellent suggestion and I thought of it.

I don't mean to be a downer, though, but when I told the gal who organized it that we got the wrong date...I couldn't tell if it mattered to her.

She invited a group and I told her at the time that we got the tickets to go but it's like she forgot.

I am not sure if she cares.

I did suggest dinner and I think if they wanted to they could perhaps say yes or suggest another time.

I think that is the big part of the hurt.

We had one really great day with them. Lots of conversation and sharing and then visited with them other times at other events.

So I just don't know but I"ll let it go now.

But I am calmer now.

Limlim said:
Well you could still do the dinner before her pumpkin night! Not the most ideal situation but it would give you a bit of something to salvage at least.

Latest posts

Back