I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It was Mine

Reaction score
Would you live alone and keep trying, keep believing, or settle for somebody that you kind of get along with, and you have only faint physical attraction too?

It was Mine said:
Would you live alone and keep trying, keep believing, or settle for somebody that you kind of get along with, and you have only faint physical attraction too?

I'd probably go for someone I can kind of get along with and have a faint physical attraction to.

It's better to be with someone who is eh then go insane being alone.

And believe me, i'd go insane....

Unless I completely avoided my empty residence until I had to go to sleep every night. o_o

lets admit it, im with sophia here.
even though id like to think i could wait for that perfect one. my track record already shows im suseptible to sticking with someone im not that attracted to and being belittled constantly rather than be alone. (**** you 6 year!)
but im alone now, and im finding it easier than i thought it would be to live for myself. just

even when you have someone, realise, you can only live for yourself.

having someone who may want to be your partner for life is a bonus,
***************having yourself is the real goal**************

But, every moment you spend with them, do you not feel at a loss. like you've walked away from a dream that you've worked to become real?

No, I'd rather wait. I have tried "making do", and it drove me nuts. It was only a physical attraction, not much more. If you don't love someone and/or you are not truely happy from the start, its not gunna last long, and if it does, you will probably want to shoot yourself.

When I finally broke it off with my ex I felt relieved, I felt free do what I want, No one to answer too.

I live alone and i keep hope that one day a new love will appear to ecclipse the old. I'm not saying it's right, and i'm definitly not happy.

I've tryed to settle, but i've found if my heart is not completly sold then anything there is tends to decay. When attempting love when you're hearts not in it, you will inevitably hurt her/him. That's the worst. I feel no guilt in hurting myself, thus tonight i sleep alone, again.

Maybe it's just me, but when i gamble i go for the long shot

I'd certainly go with the "faint physical attraction" as long as you like that person in an emotional way too. If you would simply be leading on the other person then it might be better to wait till someone you do like comes along. No need to sit around waiting for the "perfect" person though, because that person will never come.

I guess I'm a horse of a different color here, because I'd say stay alone. I'd rather be alone (as I am now) than in any of the relationships I see around me. Guess I'm just super picky.

"You've gotta hope that there's someone for you, as strange as you are... Who can cope with the things that you do, without trying so hard...."

I just found this song yesterday, and I thought I'd share it...

"Here We Go" by Jon Brion

I'll be pretty forward and say that I will begin to lower the standards as I get older in age. What's really important in anyone's life is companionship, and to have someone you somewhat get along with is better than holding out for the girl supermodel or tall, dark, and handsome guy. Ya gotta play the odds here.

Is it to much to have a little from column A and a little from column B? I'm personally holding out, because it's always the same, heavy on A but nothing on B, or visa versa

as far as physical attraction is concerned, mild or faint is fine regardless IMHO

as far as personality goes, well that is always gonna have to be good for me.

I'm in the middle in that I will probably settle with someone that isnt EXACTLY what I have in mind, but it wont just be someone that when I think about them i think "meh, they're alright"

In my experience, settling is a bad idea.

It isn't fair to you or the other person because this will eventually build a ton of resentment: for you because if you truly look at it as "settling," you will unconsciously carry with you the idea that your partner is less than what you really deserve, and who can build a meaningful relationship of trust on that foundation, right?

It's unfair to your partner because eventually he or she will find out that he/she was the object of your charity, pity or just plain apathy by your decision to "settle" on him/her and trust me, that sucks. It's incredibly hurtful to discover that the person you cared about isn't that into you and would drop you in a heartbeat once something better came along.

Some people can be with another person who is less than their idea mate though, and view it as making the best of the situation, and really work to make it better by finding common ground. As soon as anyone starts to view it as "settling" though, it's done.

Also, a lot of people place too strong an emphasis on physical, thinking that physical compatibility is all that one needs to carry a relationship.

physical is by far not the most important, but important non the less i think. For myself, i've dated girls i never really found ugly, but never found myself lusting them...ever. I attempted a couple relationships with people i had fun with, but again never wanted to kiss them, to hold them close, or think of them in a sexual manner. And I would say to myself, "hey looks are not important right?" but i guess to me, i have to like her looks as well. I wouldn't say I'm "shallow" i just know what i want. People always tell me the same thing "your too picky". And than once upon a time when i had a G/F they were shocked at my choice. She wasn't a model like everyone thought i wanted. I just can't do the over weight thing...it's so cruel and mean i know, i feel terrible typing that but it's the truth in my case, I just can't do it. I fear it's my curse.

I'd remain alone. Being with somebody I only kind of like, and I'm only faintly attracted to would make me lonelier than I am now.

Someone told me once that "it is easier to find someone who loves you, and learn to love that person; rather than going after someone you love and hoping he'd fall in love with you".

I've tried just settling for someone. I didn't love him, but we went into this knowing that we were just gonna try it out. In the end, I just couldn't go on with the relationship anymore. There is no magic. Okay, so I'm gonna sound like someone with my head in the clouds when I say this but magic (what most people call chemistry) is important. That's the thing that makes you stick to the relationship right up to the end, come what may. Without it...there is no foundation.

So yeah, I guess I'll remain alone and wait (hopefully not in vain) for the right chap to come along. Just settling for someone for the heck of settling for someone, can be the beginning of disaster in a relationship, really.

Yeah, I dunno you need a "click" right and i think that is a balance of looks and personality, which by far don't have to be perfect and things can be looked passed for sure. But people always say this shouldn't matter or that shouldn't matter. And i've seen people who settle and they just seem more miserable.... but than what's worse being alone? I think it's a very tough call.

Latest posts

Back