I blame my twin....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely_twin

Reaction score
I am a 25 year old single female who is very very very lonely…

Before I had my twin sister who was my best friend and we were never apart…so I was never lonely. I felt like I did not need friends because I had her. They wanted to keep us apart in high school, but we had to be together so we just did. I never even tried to make friends during those years. During college, we took the same classes and then had breaks together. Then I had to go to a different campus, making friends was the most difficult thing. So I would call her on my breaks or sit by myself in my car not knowing where to even begin meeting people. I only talk to people if someone initiates the conversation.

Now my twin is getting married and I hardly see her anymore. I have never felt lonely before and now I do. I feel so empty inside. I have never done things by myself before, because I always had her to do them with.

The other thing that works against me is that I have initial shyness meeting people. I tend to become really shy talking at first with people my age and especially the opposite sex.

Oh and what is worse….I have never had a boyfriend before...and I am 25 years old….oh and I get taken advantage of so often by who I think are my friends...because I am too nice and trustworthy of every person I meet. oh and one more thing!!! lol....after I graduated college…no one talked to me anymore. It was like the day we graduated that was it. In addition, I tend to have low self-esteem sometimes...so sometimes I think I am not pretty and other times I do!!! lol...

So anyways....between me lacking the skills needed to make friends, not going out because I am not used to doing things alone, and my overall shyness, I am lonely and I feel I have no one. I am not sure what I should do or where to begin to gain the skills I need to obtain friends.

Anyways…I am looking for pen pals. Preferably, people my age…because I lack the skills in talking with people my own age…but I will talk to anyone really. I am on the internet and check my email everyday. I mean if you do not talk or are not on the internet everyday that is okay too. I just want to talk to people. I mean I long to talk to people. I am actually quite an upbeat and funny person when you get to know me. even though I am lonely, I still like to laugh and have fun...but I can get pretty depressed sometimes too.

I recently began to talk to people on the internet, which seems to help relief some of my loneness although sometimes it makes it worse. Only because people talk to me for some time and then quit because their lives get busy, they get a girlfriend/boyfriend, etc. I get hurt easily. Therefore, please if you think that you may do this, then it is best you do not contact me.

Oh I guess I ought to put on here some things about myself…lol….I like animals especially horses! I like ping-pong, foosball, all those leisure sports!!!! I like to watch tv (lost, survivor, heroes, csi, law and order svu, er, etc….) and movies, read, write, talk to people via email, etc….

I will talk on email and/or msn messenger. Okay! Take care!

Hi lonely_twin and welcome. I can see you have a good sense of humor lol the bit about you being good looking on some days made me laugh. that's kinder my humor as well. Well am sure there is ppl hear that would love to be friends with you. That what you have just told us about yourself well relate to a lot off ppl hear. What I would do is post some moor on other threads and put your self about a bit on the Bord and hopefully you well get some friends. ppl hear are a real friendly bunch off ppl with a good sens of humor. That's what makes me think you well get on so well with them all. Try going hear ---> http://www.alonelylife.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15 Its a section for new members to Introduce them self. Dose not matter if you don't,, Its just a suggestion :)

Hope to see you around and btw there is a lot hear that's in the same age bracket as your self.

I think that someone who has never known loneliness cannot fully understand life.

As the proverb says; it's better off to live one year as a tiger than a hundred years as a sheep.

Even though I have never felt truly lonely before. I have felt loneness socially. I mean all I have ever had was my twin. I have had no one else. I longed to have someone else but you know I could not bring myself to do anything about it. My sister went ahead and is the outgoing one. she was able to find friends and well I was so jealous of that. because I have never had anyone else but her.

have u asked ur twin if she feels lonely 2? maybe she does. & just cant bring herself 2 say it
wish i could rel8. but if i had a twin. i probably wouldve suffocated it @ an early age LoL
sorry 4 this loss of urs though. it must b rough

NewBirth said:
have u asked ur twin if she feels lonely 2? maybe she does. & just cant bring herself 2 say it
wish i could rel8. but if i had a twin. i probably wouldve suffocated it @ an early age LoL
sorry 4 this loss of urs though. it must b rough

no she is not lonely. I have asked her. She is getting married, he has a child, and she has so many friends from her work and his friends. So with all of that, she is always with someone or doing something with everyone.
Yeah well we were seperated in Elementary but in high school, I just needed her...since I felt that I was all alone. when apart I was just too shy to talk to anyone. I remember the teachers telling us we could not be together, but I had no one else. I had no other friends. I just had her so the teachers finally said ok. so we had all our classes with each other.

it sounds like u bcame dependent on her. which i dont think is a bad thing if it was mutual. but it doesnt sound like it is
this is probably going 2 take a long time 2 work through. but that doesnt mean its impossible
ull more than likely have 2 teach urself how 2 fill all those "holes" she used 2 fill 4 u
that usually starts out w/finding out just what those holes r

lonely_twin said:
I am a 25 year old single female who is very very very lonely…

Before I had my twin sister who was my best friend and we were never apart…so I was never lonely. I felt like I did not need friends because I had her. They wanted to keep us apart in high school, but we had to be together so we just did. I never even tried to make friends during those years. During college, we took the same classes and then had breaks together. Then I had to go to a different campus, making friends was the most difficult thing. So I would call her on my breaks or sit by myself in my car not knowing where to even begin meeting people. I only talk to people if someone initiates the conversation.

Now my twin is getting married and I hardly see her anymore. I have never felt lonely before and now I do. I feel so empty inside. I have never done things by myself before, because I always had her to do them with.

The other thing that works against me is that I have initial shyness meeting people. I tend to become really shy talking at first with people my age and especially the opposite sex.

Oh and what is worse….I have never had a boyfriend before...and I am 25 years old….oh and I get taken advantage of so often by who I think are my friends...because I am too nice and trustworthy of every person I meet. oh and one more thing!!! lol....after I graduated college…no one talked to me anymore. It was like the day we graduated that was it. In addition, I tend to have low self-esteem sometimes...so sometimes I think I am not pretty and other times I do!!! lol...

So anyways....between me lacking the skills needed to make friends, not going out because I am not used to doing things alone, and my overall shyness, I am lonely and I feel I have no one. I am not sure what I should do or where to begin to gain the skills I need to obtain friends.

Anyways…I am looking for pen pals. Preferably, people my age…because I lack the skills in talking with people my own age…but I will talk to anyone really. I am on the internet and check my email everyday. I mean if you do not talk or are not on the internet everyday that is okay too. I just want to talk to people. I mean I long to talk to people. I am actually quite an upbeat and funny person when you get to know me. even though I am lonely, I still like to laugh and have fun...but I can get pretty depressed sometimes too.

I recently began to talk to people on the internet, which seems to help relief some of my loneness although sometimes it makes it worse. Only because people talk to me for some time and then quit because their lives get busy, they get a girlfriend/boyfriend, etc. I get hurt easily. Therefore, please if you think that you may do this, then it is best you do not contact me.

Oh I guess I ought to put on here some things about myself…lol….I like animals especially horses! I like ping-pong, foosball, all those leisure sports!!!! I like to watch tv (lost, survivor, heroes, csi, law and order svu, er, etc….) and movies, read, write, talk to people via email, etc….

I will talk on email and/or msn messenger. Okay! Take care!
Hi
Well, what has happened to you in the past has happened, If I was you and felt extremely lonely and very shy, what I would do is take it on and try to do something about it and not just accept it. Set yourself small challenges where you have to put yourself out there. Maybe start with someone that you think that you would like to be friends with and just saying hello to them. I have found if I don't try to work on my shyness, it walks all over me and I feel very isolated and lonely. I know that taking chances when your shy can be a very hard thing to do, but if you succeed, you will feel more self confident and your self esteem will rise upwards and you won't feel as shy in social situations.

If you only had her around you then it is understandable that ever since she went her own way you feel somewhat abandoned; It's a little bit like a grief because you have a great gap to fill in your life and the latter was only centered on her and your activities together, I think you should reorganize your life around different people and not bet everything one someone.

I think you got to tell yourself that despite the good moments you spent with her it is over and you have to move on, I know it is the hardest part to admit but when it's behind, you feel better.

I don't know if you see what I mean but basically you shouldn't live in the past and think it over and over too much, you will only harm you.

I can't possibly imagine how it feels like to have my best friend(and sister) for almost 20 years or so suddenly seem so distant from me. I do share that type of lonelyness though. The best I can say is that if it was possible for your twin, it must be possible for you right? Then again I sometimes think we have a real mental disability thats just as real as a physical disability that makes it hard for us to hold a socal life. I hope you find a group you're comfortable with so you don't need to bare the pain of detachment by yourself again. Don't worry 25 is still very young, you have time. :p

Latest posts

Back