I can't help but feel angry...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that what the kids are calling it these days? Always something new, feel so old trying to keep up with the latest lingo.

:)

Sci-Fi, I was ranting about girls and not getting dates again.

It IS beating a dead horse, because if women don't see me as dating potential, I can't change that. All I can do is push on, and get through life.

Nobody dies a virgin. Life fucks us all.

Awe Muse it's not that they don't want to date you it's finding the ones that do, and looking inward to figure out what it is that may make the ones who would shy away. We all have our quirks, myself I just don't put myself out there to find anyone, too afraid to do so. Sometimes the more we obsess over something the less obtainable it seems. Kind of hard not to when it's always on your mind. Worry about it and wasting so much energy stewing over things never makes them happen, and in the end only adds to more frustration. Wish I could give you a simple answer but I don't have it, haven't figured it out myself either.

Yeah, I'm probably stressing over over nothing.

It's just, I hear from girls all the time about how I would make a wonderful boyfriend. It seems, for everyone, except for them. Can you blame me for being frustrated?

I know part of it is mental illness, but I'm sure that's not all of it. I don't know why women don't like me that way. I've always been a romantic. I would give them the world. Honestly, I was born wanting to be a good boyfriend...yet that doesn't seem to be enough.

I get the same thing Muse, and yeah it is frustrating. People can pick up on things that we don't see. Heck I've been afraid to go out in public alone anymore, I'm afraid people will see how sad I am, no one ever says anything of course, no one reaches out, not that I'd want strangers prying into my personal life. Putting on a fake smile and persona at work is exhausting, especially when my boss calls up and yells at me for doing something I was told to do or for doing my job, I'm expected to drop everything to help other people do their job and leave my work for later which I have no help with. Sorry to rant but when we are bothered by things in our lives they take on a whole other persona. Trying to turn them off seems impossible which only makes it worse. Trying to distract yourself from negative thoughts is so hard to do too. Just have to find something else to put that energy into and try to change things until what we truly desires comes our way.

Oh yes. I'm entering the corporate world, and will probably find myself in a similar situation.

Hell, I'm terrified to leave voice messages. Just the idea of having to answer tech help calls and face angry customers is something that I dread. Not that I can't do it, but I'd easily get my feelings hurt...and as someone who has worked retail, I've faced my fair share of angry customers.

I think part of my problem is that I try so **** hard to fit in. As the Dr. Seuss quote goes, "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" Maybe I was meant by God to be a 31 year old inexperienced virgin...or whatever deity you imagine. Certainly I never imagined my life ending up this way when I was 17, but there are many good things about my life that I didn't imagine, either.

Yep, never imagined my life being what it is when I was a teenager either, honestly for whatever reason I never thought I'd live this long. Trying too hard to fit in can backfire on you, it's best not to try and fit in but be yourself and allow others to fit into your life. But I have to really get my ass to bed or I'm going to start babbling and not making any sense. Just try and not obsess so much and live your life the best you can and maybe one day good fortune will come your way.

Sci-Fi said:
Awe Muse it's not that they don't want to date you it's finding the ones that do ...

Agree, Sci. Not everyone will want to date you just because, wonderful guy or not. I know plenty of wonderful guys. I wouldn't date them though. Don't beat yourself up over it though. It just makes finding and knowing that one person just that much better.

I also, have known several guys and I can say I haven't yet wanted to date a single one of them. I guess it's just one of those things that shows up, or it doesn't.

Hope you feel better.

I was getting frustrated about that stuff today too, it was actually triggered by this novel I was reading called "The Shrinking Man".

The most random things can trigger that hopeless lonely feeling when it comes to women.

Sci-Fi said:
Awe Muse it's not that they don't want to date you it's finding the ones that do, and looking inward to figure out what it is that may make the ones who would shy away. We all have our quirks, myself I just don't put myself out there to find anyone, too afraid to do so. Sometimes the more we obsess over something the less obtainable it seems. Kind of hard not to when it's always on your mind. Worry about it and wasting so much energy stewing over things never makes them happen, and in the end only adds to more frustration. Wish I could give you a simple answer but I don't have it, haven't figured it out myself either.

THIS

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Yeah, I'm probably stressing over over nothing.

It's just, I hear from girls all the time about how I would make a wonderful boyfriend. It seems, for everyone, except for them. Can you blame me for being frustrated?

I know part of it is mental illness, but I'm sure that's not all of it. I don't know why women don't like me that way. I've always been a romantic. I would give them the world. Honestly, I was born wanting to be a good boyfriend...yet that doesn't seem to be enough.

I don't think you can be blamed for being frustrated. Any sane person would become discouraged after repeatedly failing at something, especially if the reasons therefor are unclear.

IMO it's easier to deal with failure that's 100% due to your own efforts or lack thereof. It's when the choices and preferences of others are involved, that things become difficult.

Being rejected by a certain percentage of the opposite sex, no problem. Being rejected by seemingly every member of the opposite sex, notwithstanding your tireless efforts, SOUL DESTROYING!

Latest posts

Back