Is social media causing more harm than good?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's text, that's the issue, rather than specifically social media. Text is a bad medium for tone because inflection does not carry very well through it unless all parties involved in the text are all equally articulately tempered.
I do agree that text is very a clumsy way to communicate. Is there a connection between texting and people sacrificing one another for a content?

I think the true issue is social medias promise of possible micro fame... many people want a taste of fame and the internet offers that from one viral moment, and thus many people have become as ruthless as the paparazzi, seeking to ascend to stardom.

I do agree that text is very a clumsy way to communicate. Is there a connection between texting and people sacrificing one another for a content?

You mean like in terms of ancient history and warfare?
Yes, absolutely.
Actually most Cuneiform tablets from early Sumer that weren't mythological or fictitious were transactionary documentations and trade letters written between kingdoms and so on and so forth. Basic civil law even underwent a few different formalities before the time of Hammurabi whence we got Hammurabi's Code. Before that there was the laws of Lipit-Ishtar and Ur-Nammu, you can be assured that in the harshness of ancient civilization and especially with the oldest known written language system that anytime new laws happened or authority and kingship changed over that something somewhere was certainly not alright with it.

Latest posts

Back