I can't live like this

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

since1584

Reaction score
No woman would ever want to be with me, my life is such a nightmare, i don't want to be alive, I just can't take it anymore. I can't take another day of this, how the heck do people live like this?

This won't make you feel any better, but you're not the only person in the world who feels this way.

Unfortunately, it's frowned upon to openly admit problems like these, though they are quite common. You can vent about it on these forums, but beyond that you're pretty much stuck living in a sea of misery. I've been paddling through that sea for a long time, and it sucks...hope you get to land.

I feel the same way, too. Thank God for this forum, otherwise we would feel truly 100% alone with our thoughts and feelings. It is a pity that, as Lonesome fellow says, it is frowned upon to openly admit these problems (we're supposed to go around saying life is a gift, we love everything about it , we are happy and fulfilled and so on) and having to hide what we really think makes our situation even more diffcult to cope with.

Not knowing the specifics of what makes your life a nightmare doesn't really let us know how to respond to your unique situation.

My life's experiences have made me aware that it's usually just a couple of issues that tend to taint everything else thus making most things in your life a struggle.

Sometimes you have to shake things up and make a decision as to how you are going change your nightmare. I don't know what options you have available to you but maybe you need to look at something like relocation, different employment, a relationship change- only you can figure out what it is you need to do.

It can be tough but speaking from experience (I left a different life behind when I was younger and do not regret it- I would be dead now if I'd continued on as I was) it was the smartest move I ever made. I did it with just a few hundred dollars, a couple of boxes of clothes and nowhere to live in the middle of a cold Canadian winter. The one thing you can't really get rid of is some of the emotional baggage but if it's not in your face everyday it ends up being pretty useful for future decision making.

I wish you success in ridding yourself of your nightmare.

I know how you feel. I've felt this way too. In fact I had a related feeling tonight I just had to ask myself, what is the most important thing in the world to me.

"No woman would ever want to be with me"

How do you know that? It's impossible to know, "no woman" no female on this Earth?

Yes, exactly. I can't think of how many times I'd be thinking, "This is an ongoing nightmare". Exactly that. My life really isn't the worst out there, but I still think that at times. Life is an ongoing nightmare.

since1584 said:
No woman would ever want to be with me, my life is such a nightmare, i don't want to be alive, I just can't take it anymore. I can't take another day of this, how the heck do people live like this?

That's not true, there is someone for everyone. Sounds stupid and most peoples first reaction is "yeah right then where are they". I wonder that myself. With my jobs I've been around the very wealthy and very poor, seen very attractive people and not so attractive people and everyone else in the middle. I'm going to be honest, I've met people who I couldn't believe had someone that make me wonder what is wrong with me. I've also seen very attractive people with regular or not as attractive people too, before anyone comes in saying how they are too ugly to find anyone. From my experiences and all the people I've met that just isn't true at all. I've also seen attractive people living in squallier, when you'd think they would have done better with their lives, that "pretty people always have it better" is just crap too.

How do people live like this? Easy, they accept what they have and what life has given them and make the best of it.

Lonely in BC said:
I did it with just a few hundred dollars, a couple of boxes of clothes and nowhere to live in the middle of a cold Canadian winter.

They don't have winter in BC :p They had to import snow for the Olympics!

What's making you feel like your life is a nightmare? Just asking because sometimes talking it out helps (not necessarily solving the problem, but helping you to feel less isolated).

I feel the same. For years I have looked for some kind of reset button. I don't know what the solution is, I truly believe there is none. I believe some people like me, our souls will just never be happy. Never be satisfied or content. The way we want things to be, the things we believe in, will never be reality. They will never happen. You are on the other side of the wall, you will never win. You will never live a normal life. You will never see, or think about things like others. You are, an outcast, an outsider, the loser in a room full of winners. The most painful part, is when it's out of your control, period, forever, and always. That is THE most hardest part. It could take until your last dying breath to come to terms with your life, and your circumstances being out of your control. It is one of the most hardest, soul-wrenching things next to having a family member murdered, die in front of you, or a dead-at-birth twin.

I frown upon people who say that everything bad and unfortunate that happens to a person, and everything that life presents to a person, is their choice, their doing, their fault. What they are really saying is that the world is a perfect place, everything is fine, and if you have an issue with something, it's you. This is a totally crackpot ideology that has been forcefully programmed into people. Sorry guys, the world is far from perfect, life is far from perfect, what I am trying to point out here is the just-world fallacy.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/06/07/the-just-world-fallacy/

Life sucks for a good portion of humanity and I imagine that what keeps them going is the belief that at least if they continue living, there is some smidgen of possibility that they have a chance to live a better life. If you just die, that smidgen is gone. You've let go of the "hope". Is that enough to keep you going? Should it be? *shrug*

Limlim said:
Lonely in BC said:
I did it with just a few hundred dollars, a couple of boxes of clothes and nowhere to live in the middle of a cold Canadian winter.

They don't have winter in BC :p They had to import snow for the Olympics!

It was Calgary back in the day, it was dam cold that year. I live in southeast B.C now (which generally has lots of snow), Vancouver (where the Olympics were) is southwest B.C.. Totally different climates.

If there were some personal reason for living.. or maybe someone or something that made life worth living, but if none of those things apply, then you're out of luck. I'm not talking about the obvious things (re: the kids would miss you if you weren't around, or the cat's wouldn't have anyone to watch after them, or the few friends / acquaintances you have would miss seeing you, etc...), but something real personal that makes you love life, and living. You (or I) start to welcome the thought of death, and finishing the course of life.
I don't know about others, but the preceding coupled with financial insecurity (no checking/savings account cushions, no one to help pay the bills, etc.) can put me into a state of worry, and discomfort. Add the depression from loneliness to the mix, and you've got a recipe for an ongoing, day to day nightmare.
** Firebird's post rang much truth as well -- at least in my mind.

Latest posts

Back