I don't feel lonely like I used to, but I feel lonely in a different kind of way.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to post here a long time ago about how lonely I was under different usernames. I kept on leaving this board and coming back, now I'm back here.

The loneliness from that time in my life is still here, but it's not as bad as it used to be. I think one day it's going to be properly resolved.

However, during this new phase in my life, another form of loneliness has popped up...and I'm not sure if it's "better" or worse than the previous form.

I'm a creative and ambitious person, and ever since I quit my job I've devoted all my time&energy towards this. I'm working hard on two projects now, but I've got free time to work on something else.

I came up with other ideas, and these require collaboration. I asked my friends if they wanted to participate, and at first they seemed interested. As time passed though, they don't seem to care anymore. Yes, I can prod them and bug them enough until they decide to help, but that's not my style -- especially when it comes to creative/artistic works. You want everyone involved to like what they're doing to get the best results.

Here I am again, all alone in a brand new way. I'm upset with them, and part of me wants to cut them off from my life. Now the other problem is finding likeminded people to help with the new projects. The problem is how can I find people who are willing to work with me and work for me without worrying about them stealing anything or trying to take over? I understand what I'm doing is a group effort and I'm 100% okay with people adding their own flavor, but I also want them to understand my say is final.

In short: I want smart people I can control (hope that doesn't make me evil).

The projects I'm working on now are risky and still aren't bearing the fruits of my labor, and they're a completely solo effort. The new projects are also risky and will take a long time to blossom, but with multiple people working on them we'll see quicker results.

I'm frustrated with my friends who claim to not like their current lot-in-life, claim to be interested in helping me, but when I'm ready to put things in motion they forget about it. Yes, I'm drawn to taking risks, but why are my friends so afraid of risks?

Saying that you are working on something "Risky" might tend to scare away the very help that you need. It's pretty vague. "Risky" could mean so many things.

LoneKiller said:
Saying that you are working on something "Risky" might tend to scare away the very help that you need. It's pretty vague. "Risky" could mean so many things.

I'm not telling people it's straight-up risky, but I mean risky in that there's a chance of failure.

I think with any life changes loneliness will go up and down, the type of loneliness can change. You started something new and are now somewhat abandoned by your partners? That is what I get from your letter. I am not sure it's about loneliness but being abandoned when you were counting on them. Believe me, business leaders feel this all the time! I believe it's part of life, part of starting a business/project, part of the human condition.

I am wondering if you focused too much on the risks and not enough of rewards to encourage them? Just a thought. On the other hand if you want strong self starters who aren't afraid of the new then maybe another partner would be in order.

I am sorry, must be frustrating.

Maybe you just need to find some new friends that have interests more similar to yours?

Latest posts

Back