I don't want to die...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
I know that change is compulsory, I know that we can't live forever. I understand that, but cant accepts that.
Since many days, I have this wierd feeling running through my mind. I dont want to die. I want to live forever. And I dont want the people around me, my family, grandparents, friends or enemies, people I don't know, etc. to die.
I want to see the world after thousands of years, with the people alive, who are alive now.

I feel like, whatever happening around us, will stop. Everybody will die, everything will be meaningless. I want to live the life again that I have already lived in these years, meet those people who have left me, give them a hug, I dont know where they are in the world.

I feel like whatever great we do, will be forgotten and lost forever after we die. And new people wil come, having mo idea abt us. I mean, we are very very small.

There will be a time, when we wont see the beautiful sunset, raining, etc, the same situations, same events happening around us, or when we see, we will miss the people who were there to share the event with us, previously.

We will grow old, we will want to get our lost family people back, but they wont come. Everyone would have died. We would miss them. Mom wouldnt call us for dinner, dad wont come home, tired of work, watch tv, sister wont ask for homework help, grandma wont ask to take care of myself when I go for picnic. Grandpa wont ask me to guide him to the temple for prayer. They will be gone.

I feel like we are running out of time. U see, u just lost a second, of ur life, here one more, one more, and similarly we would have lost the whole life.

I want to stop these confusing and wierd thoughts. I understand what I feel, its just that I am unable to accept it. Hope u understand. Please help me get out of these thoughts, I want to live happily and die with satisfaction.

Death is a part of life - there's no getting around it, just acceptance that the time we have on this earth is finite. I think that's what religion is all about - people accept that their time is limited on earth but get promised that they will get their reward at the end (heaven, hell, reincarnation etc), whatever you believe to be true.

Problem with that is that there is no knowing what happens - so they only thing we can be certain of is that we have the power to live our lives the best way we can (I hate the phrase live life to the full but it's true). The people you have listed don't want you to worry about them being gone, they want to you be happy. And you will be, even when they aren't around anymore because the love they give will always live on forever in your heart.

Look you're a young chap who has risen from the trappings of childhood and is now facing this big old world, and it's scary. I know it is, I've been there. But the key is that you need to understand that you have the power to make your life count, whether that's pursuing your dreams (even if you don't know what they are right now) or helping others. Things WILL fall into place, you just need to trust me on this.

You want to live happy and die with satisfaction, that's great. We all do really, despite what people might say. We all just want to be happy. The power rests in your hands and you just need to try things. Take a college course, learn a musical instrument, take up a hobby, save up some money and visit somewhere you've always wanted to go. Just make that first step and the rest will follow naturally. In 12 months time, you won't recognise yourself and you'll look back at this forum and wonder what you were worried about.

You want to be remembered after you are gone? Make a contribution to the world. Register yourself as a blood donor or a bone marrow/stem cell donor. Talk to people who might be need someone. You never know, that conversation or donation might save a life and you'll be remembered as the noblest person that person will ever meet. Write a book, and so when you are gone, the book will still exist, and your words will echo down the years to anyone who reads it, as if they have their own time machine. Invent something, start a business, paint a picture...anything, and you will be remembered for as long as it exists.

To quote the late great Robin Williams: "Carpe diem. Seize the day. Make your life extraordinary"

Good luck dude

NOTE: This post talks about my beliefs, religious and otherwise. I respect everybodys beliefs, but reserve the right to share my own. I believe that if you dont share what you believe its not much of a belief right? Sorry if this offends anybody, its just what i believe its not meant to offend or cause an argument and i wont respond to any beligerent or similar replies. Thanks and have a nice day.

I think hedonist explained it very well. An easy phrase that sums it all up i believe is.

Everybody dies, but not everybody truly lives.

Death is a fact of life and its a natural thing. Also asking for answers in this life you wont recieve too many truly on what lies beyond death because honestly were not supposed to know now. The true answer to finding peace though when thinking about death is called faith. If you were inside and somebody said the sky is red, you would know they werent telling the truth because you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the sky is blue right? You have "faith" in that knowledge because its been proven true over and over again ever since you learned what the color blue was and everytime you look at the sky you can confirm it. But what happens when you dont have a way to confirm what would otherwise be a fact? Thats when faith really comes into play.

You have to learn to look beyond this life, and the things you understand as existence now. I believe in God and i have faith, no doubt in my mind at all that hes real. Why? Because ive prayed to him about it and he gave me the answer of looking at nature and the universe how it works as a giant machine all working in harmony. I know theres no way in my mind that that could be an accident, but required some sort of intelligent design. I could go more into that but i wont that serves as the example i need in this sittuation, but i hope that helps some.

I believe also that we are currently seperated from God and the only path back to him is through his son Jesus that died on the cross for our sins in an act of sacrifice that covers us and allows us to communicate with God again and seals the breach. Now that being said im not an overly "religious" person but i do have a relationship with God, i pray everyday and it helps me make it through this life.

The fear of death comes most times from a fear of losing what we seem to have in this life. Which is control. But the truth is none of us are really in control of our lives, despite the illusion otherwise. We have a small amount of control but disease, war, poverty, famine, violence. Any number of things could come along and if not snuff us out completely change our sittuation. Theres good things too, love, hope, friendship, charity, compassion, that could also change it. Alot of that is determined by the world. But we have NO control over those things, theyre all in the hands of other human beings for a big part and in this way we are left up to their whim and will. But alot of people arent scared of that because theyve seen that before they know how it turns out, but in death it could litterally be anything. You die, you fade out into nothing, you could go to a heaven created by God especially for you, you could enter some other paralell universe to relive your life again in a slightly different way, you could even wake up and be a brain in a giant computer and this whole life was nothing but like it was on the movie the matrix a big virtual reality simulation. We base what we believe on our senses. But just because we cant sense something doesnt mean it doesnt exist. There are worms and moles and other creatures that are blind and they cant see us but do we not exist? What im getting at is theres so much more ot this universe and reality as a whole that man doesnt even have an inkling of. So spending your life being afraid of one particular thing is kind of pointless, and if you want to pick out all those other things worrying about those too, thats equally pointless. Because you cant realistically worry about everything. So it comes down to a choice. Will you spend your life the thing you do know you have worrying about a thing that is going to happen regardless of what you do? Its pointless to worry about it. It doesnt change anything, it just makes you miserable now.

I personally believe death is a release from this physical form which is kind of like a car we drive throughout this life. That we are in essence creatures of energy (our soul) some more science to support my belief. Scientists say you CANT destroy energy it only changes forms.Even without a belief in the soul theres electrical currents in our brains, what happens to that energy if the above is true? It has to go somewhere right? When we enter that state of leaving this body, this "reality", all the knowledge that we dont have now comes flooding into us and theres also no time there also i believe, at least not the way we understand it now. So for me i know its something to look forward to not to fear. But thats because i have a relationship with God and he allows me to know all this. So thats the best answer i can give you turn it over to God. Im NOT talking about religion, im talking about a true relationship with God. If you dont know how to find that just sincerely ask him and hell show you.

Another thing that might help with the fear too is think back to a time before you were born,you dont remember that, but you also dont fear it right? Or even when you were very young, three years old maybe. You dont remember that right? Most people dont because our brains werent developed enough then to remember that time. But you know you existed because you do what? You take it on faith that your parents and those photos you seen arent from some super secret photoshop experiment they got going on to trick you lol. So even if you dont realize it, a LOT of this life is already taken on faith. Its just a fact of realizing that and extending it to a relationship with God and having faith that hell carry you through to the next stage of existence.

Deaths not something to be feared, its a grand adventure awaiting all of us. I for one am looking forward to it. Does that make me crazy? Maybe, but being sane is kinda boring honestly........

Good luck man and seriously dont worry about death anyway you seem young and you got a LOT of years to come to terms with this to look forward to. Just get out and enjoy your lfie and let your friends and family know you love them. Thats the best most concrete way to deal with "death" is by truly living and taking the ride of life for everything its worth.

h3donist said:
Death is a part of life - there's no getting around it, just acceptance that the time we have on this earth is finite. I think that's what religion is all about - people accept that their time is limited on earth but get promised that they will get their reward at the end (heaven, hell, reincarnation etc), whatever you believe to be true.

Problem with that is that there is no knowing what happens - so they only thing we can be certain of is that we have the power to live our lives the best way we can (I hate the phrase live life to the full but it's true). The people you have listed don't want you to worry about them being gone, they want to you be happy. And you will be, even when they aren't around anymore because the love they give will always live on forever in your heart.

Look you're a young chap who has risen from the trappings of childhood and is now facing this big old world, and it's scary. I know it is, I've been there. But the key is that you need to understand that you have the power to make your life count, whether that's pursuing your dreams (even if you don't know what they are right now) or helping others. Things WILL fall into place, you just need to trust me on this.

You want to live happy and die with satisfaction, that's great. We all do really, despite what people might say. We all just want to be happy. The power rests in your hands and you just need to try things. Take a college course, learn a musical instrument, take up a hobby, save up some money and visit somewhere you've always wanted to go. Just make that first step and the rest will follow naturally. In 12 months time, you won't recognise yourself and you'll look back at this forum and wonder what you were worried about.

You want to be remembered after you are gone? Make a contribution to the world. Register yourself as a blood donor or a bone marrow/stem cell donor. Talk to people who might be need someone. You never know, that conversation or donation might save a life and you'll be remembered as the noblest person that person will ever meet. Write a book, and so when you are gone, the book will still exist, and your words will echo down the years to anyone who reads it, as if they have their own time machine. Invent something, start a business, paint a picture...anything, and you will be remembered for as long as it exists.

To quote the late great Robin Williams: "Carpe diem. Seize the day. Make your life extraordinary"

Good luck dude

I read it 10 times, and everytime I read it, it gives me more inspiration.Thank you very much again. You have helped me previously too. "Make a contribution to the world" thats correct. I want to do that.

Good for you dude :) Let me know if you need any help and I'll do my best to help.

In the meantime it helps to listen or watch inspirational videos. This is one of my favourite from Shakespeares Henry V, delivered by Kenneth Brannagh.

It basically says that if you make the most of your life and do as much as you can, you will be always remembered. Everyone should watch this before going to work/school or whatever it is they do.

[video=youtube]]

Start reading some existential philosophy. Each story talks about a different philosopher and how they deal with and rationalize these very kinds of thoughts. What I got out of it is this…

That there may or may not be a meaning to life… but there is a meaning to each life, and that each individual person is responsible for creating their own meaning.

Each one of us contribute to the direction of evolution. We are all forces that contribute. Be a member of a force that you will feel good about when you die. B e what you want the world to be when you are gone. Join that force.

Recycle, eat healthy, educate your mind, fight for good causes, dont pollute, be kind to animals, be kind to people ( ugg) lol…

Just find a direction and be your own force/contribution to evolution. We are all responsible for how this goes down.

Yes, we are all going to die, so you better got enjoy your time and make it meaningful.

And… nobody knows what comes after. We either die or we go on… NOBODY HAS THAT ANSWER, so you can believe what ever you want !

I'm hopeful that aliens come get us :)

M_also_lonely said:
I know that change is compulsory, I know that we can't live forever. I understand that, but cant accepts that. Since many days, I have this wierd feeling running through my mind. I dont want to die. I want to live forever. And I dont want the people around me, my family, grandparents, friends or enemies, people I don't know, etc. to die. I want to see the world after thousands of years, with the people alive, who are alive now.

There will be a time, when we wont see the beautiful sunset, raining, etc, the same situations, same events happening around us, or when we see, we will miss the people who were there to share the event with us, previously.

We will grow old, we will want to get our lost family people back, but they wont come. Everyone would have died. We would miss them. Mom wouldnt call us for dinner, dad wont come home, tired of work, watch tv, sister wont ask for homework help, grandma wont ask to take care of myself when I go for picnic. Grandpa wont ask me to guide him to the temple for prayer. They will be gone.

I feel like we are running out of time. U see, u just lost a second, of ur life, here one more, one more, and similarly we would have lost the whole life.

I want to stop these confusing and wierd thoughts. I understand what I feel, its just that I am unable to accept it.

M, I know exactly how you feel. I think these kinds of thoughts all the time, in fact I have a really hard time shutting them out. I really worry about dying, myself. I don't want to die either. All I can think about sometimes is how old some of my family members are and how much I don't want to lose them, and how afraid I am of it happening. I've basically lived the last several years worrying every day if this is the day I will find out that someone I love is fading or already gone. I know that logically, it does no good to worry about events we can't control. But my feelings aren't logical. I guess all I can do is just keep trying not to worry and try to make every day count, stay in the moment and not think about the future.

I too wish us and all our loved ones could all just be together forever.

TheSkaFish said:
M_also_lonely said:
I know that change is compulsory, I know that we can't live forever. I understand that, but cant accepts that. Since many days, I have this wierd feeling running through my mind. I dont want to die. I want to live forever. And I dont want the people around me, my family, grandparents, friends or enemies, people I don't know, etc. to die. I want to see the world after thousands of years, with the people alive, who are alive now.

I want to stop these confusing and wierd thoughts. I understand what I feel, its just that I am unable to accept it.

M, I know exactly how you feel. I think these kinds of thoughts all the time, in fact I have a really hard time shutting them out. I really worry about dying, myself. I don't want to die either. All I can think about sometimes is how old some of my family members are and how much I don't want to lose them, and how afraid I am of it happening. I've basically lived the last several years worrying every day if this is the day I will find out that someone I love is fading or already gone. I know that logically, it does no good to worry about events we can't control. But my feelings aren't logical. I guess all I can do is just keep trying not to worry and try to make every day count, stay in the moment and not think about the future.

I too wish us and all our loved ones could all just be together forever.

Sorry I didnt see your post prevsly. Yes true. But sometimes I think if I would be born 1000 years later to be able to see that wirld, then I would never meet you people.I would miss the great things that are present now.

Yes I would love to connect. Thanks for asking.

Latest posts

Back