I feel guilty!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McDamned said:
HoodedMonk said:
You have experience in people that have this disorder I assume?

Can you describe to me a case that is mild vs. one that is severe?
I have some experience with people suffering from the disorder though I'm best qualified as an 'observant' and reader of psychology papers because of the experience. The definition 'borderline' is quite variable and I dont feel qualified to mention cases so instead I'll refer to a professional's website mentioning various symptoms while ranging from light to severe: http://counselorssoapbox.com/2012/08/09/levels-or-types-of-borderline-personality-disorder/

Well, I have a degree in psychology so this topic interests me. :) Thanks for sharing that link.

the more I see and hear, the more it looks like borderline... oh, well, it will be ok, I just hope to be able to deal with this effectively

I don't know that I would go diagnosing this person right away. She seems like a clingy person in need of a friend. Let her know you have a lot of things coming up and are just too busy and you will respond when you can. If she goes over board still with the calls and the messages, I would just ignore them a while....and see if it slows down or stops. If she continues, I would then just tell her to stop contacting you all together.

Eaiser said than done... but if you guys haven't "hit it off" as friends at this point, you never will and she'll just become way more of an annoyance.

((hug)))

it's just that being basically disabled in social skills I have a bit of a hard time distinguishing between minor annoyance and seriously dangerous, so I guess I worry a bit more than others about these things -
now she seems to have understood that we cannot exchange 10 sms and chat for an hour every single day, if she stays like that then we are ok (she has good sides too).

But yeah, I just saw in the same day the movies "Play Misty for me" and "Fatal attraction", it would be nice to be able to say beforehand if someone is a dangerous psycho or not :D

Latest posts

Back