I find it hard to be friends with women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Women just like to talk more, I find that even with my customers. I have a few guys that come around and will chat, but they are regulars or business men. My part timer made that observation the other day, he hates texting with his guy friends because they don't text much back. Girls will. I find women easier to talk with, they are a lot better a faking interest, guys you can usually tell when they don't give a honeysuckle what you are talking about.

I find I am just uncomfortable talking to females in person. On line it's no problem but in real life I am always afraid of where the conversation may go. It's always a matter of when, not if, I am going to end up blushing.

blackdot said:
I find I am just uncomfortable talking to females in person. On line it's no problem but in real life I am always afraid of where the conversation may go. It's always a matter of when, not if, I am going to end up blushing.

Usaully for me I hate the point where they are like, "Oh, you are a virgin. That is sweet."; also "you should be proud of being a virgin, there is nothing wrong with it." The false sympathy is patronizing.

You know, that was actually a discussion a group of us had in college. The girls though there was nothing wrong with (a guy) still being a virgin (now most of these girls were still virgins themselves too). One guy (who was quite the slut in high school) made the comment, "if you're a guy, yeah it is"

Anten said:
blackdot said:

Usaully for me I hate the point where they are like, "Oh, you are a virgin. That is sweet."; also "you should be proud of being a virgin, there is nothing wrong with it." The false sympathy is patronizing.

They do that to me too.

Don't ask how we got on this topic.

Sci-Fi said:
You know, that was actually a discussion a group of us had in college. The girls though there was nothing wrong with (a guy) still being a virgin (now most of these girls were still virgins themselves too). One guy (who was quite the slut in high school) made the comment, "if you're a guy, yeah it is"

Well it is pretty much true. Guys just are pressured to have it and when you hear other guys talk about it it really messes with you. It isn't like in middle school when guys would say I tapped this girl and that girl. You know they really did and you only made it to first or second base. Part of being a guy is taking charge and slaying that "dragon". It is all society but it still eats at you.

SophiaGrace said:
They do that to me too.

Don't ask how we got on this topic.
We are both proud virgins because we can't find someone to have sex with us, yay!!!!!

With guys all conversations lead to sex. :(

Anten said:

Well this thread started out as being about friendship and the conversation seems to have ended up about sex. Seems its inevitable...

annik said:
Anten said:

Well this thread started out as being about friendship and the conversation seems to have ended up about sex. Seems its inevitable...

Are you saying we are guys? :p

I have to disagree about being "pressured" for sex. Honestly, it's more about hormones. Take it from me lol.

annik said:
Anten said:

Sorry to derail your thread.

But i will go back to the original topic.

Right now all my friends are guys. Before, they were all women. It flips and flops for me. It's weird.

Anten said:
annik said:
Anten said:

Sorry to derail your thread.

It wasn't so much a complaint as an observation. This thread seemed to prove you right, though I don't think its only guys or always guys that take the conversation from friendship to sex.

I don't think it should make that much of a difference, male or female. Although I've always tended to have more males as friends. I just find too many females to be catty, and I'm not like that.

I actually find it easier to be friends with girls, for some unknown reason. Other guys seem to be into sports, cars, and weight lifting. None of that is of interest to me.

On online friends though, I've had an observation before that girls just get interested to what you are saying if you're a guy. Although I didn't have that problem in real life friends. Sometimes I just feel awkward being friends with guys (in person) cos they seem to be from a different planet. Ironically, guys are better at conversations online. As part of the conversation, you have half the control if you'll sway the convo to the dirty route. So talking to guys online is no problem for me as I can always un-friend them if I feel they're perverts.

I've heard a lot of girls comment on other girls that they find annoying or catty, yet they also have their own catty sides (e.g. back biting, gossip, etc). I've also met guys cattier than the cattiest woman. So, I just look at people base on who they are as persons. Sometimes I approach them as genderless.

I am a guy. I don't really have a hard time getting to know guys or women online when I want to. Girls though will open up more and get closer than they normally would offline. Guys to me, are the same online as offline. You find a few good guyfriends and just chill out and have fun.

I find my guy friends expect a lot less out of me and they take a lot less energy to keep around. The girls usually want something more, not relationship wise but just in general. They are a lot more emotionally taxing, and seem to need a lot more support than guy friends. I don't mind because that doesn't bother me much, and it's nice to know that they will most likely be there for me if I need support. It just limits how many good friends I can keep that are women.

I feel like I can really open up to guys easier than girls for some reason... I mean.. it is so nice to be able to have a girl as a friend, I have one really close one and i've known her for years. We can talk about anything.. she's not super girly girly either but not complete tom boy either, which describes myself as well. So... sorta tom boyish girls and not super guyish guys. lol. Maybe it's more than just their sex type.

I would love to have a woman as a friend. Unfortunately, no matter how clearly I state it, I am always rejected as if all I want to do is bang their brains out. Which is really really odd when I think that I have massive trouble finding women to date since I get "friendzoned" but somehow cant even get a friendship! There arent a lot of men I dont get a long with but maybe that is because you dont have to wear a mask for a guy, with women saying something that would be perfectly acceptable to a man would make you a dick or insensitive to a woman. Yet I would love, I think even more than having a girlfriend, just a woman that is my friend. I suppose it is possible that me being so forward about NOT wanting to become partners could be seen as a ploy to get them to let down their guard and thus allow me to sex them up, but everytime is fishy as hell lol. Some of us are just unable to do anything right when the opposite sex are involved :club:

I don't think it's a bad thing. Some of my close friends are the kind of girls who have lots of close male friends and not that many female friends. Personally I tend to make friends with women of any age group and men who are older than me, i.e. around their thirties. I've always found it very difficult to become close to men my age (I'm 22 and this has always been the case so far).

There's certainly nothing wrong with it, I reckon you should accept it as part of who you are!

Latest posts

Back