I hate college even more.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breadbasket

Reaction score
College messed me over. The Spring 2015 semester was met with me swearing I would pass all my classes. English 200, Precalculus, and History up to 1500. Precalculus, I will talk about.

Precalculus was very hard for me. I had to solve 60 problems per week, and on average I can barely get through five a day by myself. The answer was of course, the tutoring center, where I would receive an hour long session almost every day. It was a very casual place where you can converse freely, just don't be threatening or too loud and disruptive. It helped me keep up with class.

One day I had an argument with my lover. And I wasn't too happy that day at all, not at all. Before that I had a very violent talk with my parents over weight and job searching. Anxiety filled the air the entire day. I just want to relax.

Two guys come up into the tutoring center, and they decided to have a laugh and cracked a suggestive joke. It was weird, so I looked to them, asking what the hell. Then they joked more, pulling me into it. I decided to play along because I wanted to laugh. So I made a suggestive joke.

What happened? I get reported as a sex offender. And I was never allowed to go back to the library and the tutoring center ever. That was my ticket to passing precalculus. I was studying hard, going there everyday despite the 4-6 hours bus rides. So? I failed my math class. And I felt humiliated affront my parents. The college I went to messed me over like it was a joke. I felt like a ******* joke.

We were discussing something at work yesterday that kind of applies here. This younger guy was telling our boss about a fight he almost got into at a coffee shop. So our boss told him in a situation like that where you hear or see something that you don't like or makes you upset, and you want to do something, walk up to the person and tell them that what they said/did you find personally offensive and you'd appreciate it if they'd stop or take it elsewhere. That may not always work in every situation and in cases it doesn't, depending on where its at, you can go and report them to whomever.

As for everything else, I don't know what to tell you, that sucks. People argue and fight, it's natural but it is what you do after that counts.

Sci-Fi said:
People argue and fight, it's natural but it is what you do after that counts.

That's the most important thing what you do after damage is already done, would you repair it or leave it.

What you can do is learn from it and never to fall into something like that again. It's one big lesson you have learned and you have paid quite heavy price for it so make it count.

Sci-Fi said:
We were discussing something at work yesterday that kind of applies here. This younger guy was telling our boss about a fight he almost got into at a coffee shop. So our boss told him in a situation like that where you hear or see something that you don't like or makes you upset, and you want to do something, walk up to the person and tell them that what they said/did you find personally offensive and you'd appreciate it if they'd stop or take it elsewhere. That may not always work in every situation and in cases it doesn't, depending on where its at, you can go and report them to whomever.

As for everything else, I don't know what to tell you, that sucks. People argue and fight, it's natural but it is what you do after that counts.

I don't care about the fighting. I'm furious about the way the college blocked me off from the library and tutoring center, which made me fail the class entirely, and pissed me the fresia off. I don't give two fucks about the arguments in comparison to failing a college class.

breadbasket said:
I don't care about the fighting. I'm furious about the way the college blocked me off from the library and tutoring center, which made me fail the class entirely, and pissed me the fresia off. I don't give two fucks about the arguments in comparison to failing a college class.

Wait, there's nowhere else you could have went to find help? The internet, another library, even inquiring at a local high school. There are a million ways you can get assistance, so blocking you from the library did not cause you to fail.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what the did was right. However, since I don't know the whole story, I can't say it was wrong either. I'm just saying, something bad happens, you find another way.

TheRealCallie said:
Wait, there's nowhere else you could have went to find help? The internet, another library, even inquiring at a local high school. There are a million ways you can get assistance, so blocking you from the library did not cause you to fail.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what the did was right. However, since I don't know the whole story, I can't say it was wrong either. I'm just saying, something bad happens, you find another way.

I could of. Though, Like I said. I got much of the help from the free tutoring provided. And ever since that was taken away, I found no alternative. The fellow, older math jocks really helped out, and I was never able to get help from them again. It was very depressing, knocked the willpower out of me.

Though this was to an extent my fault. As I realized I could of met the instructor after class.

Latest posts

Back