I have become a boring person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monica1

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Monica and i'm 15 years and I'm from Norway. I am just a really, really boring person. I don't have the ability to socialize with people properly as I wish I could. I'm just shy and antisocial. With everyone, my parents and the friends I have left. I'm lazy and ashamed. I really need to change, but I'm too shy to do that. I don't have anything to talk about with my friends anymore. My best friend is really nice and all that. But it has just become awkward between us. I thought I was gonna change during my vacation In Bali, Indonesia. Yeah... That's it. I just can't seem to change at all. Does anybody have some suggestions for conversation topics and a solution for my problem? I could really use some help.

One more thing: Is it normal to stay home in my room all day in front of the computer? 'Cause that's what I'm always doing. It's a shitty life, I know.

Life can be shitty as you say.

No one is boring. There are only moments, when we have no one around willing to find out who we are.

Maybe try to spot someone around, who might be in similar situation, and offer a walk. However, it's hard because you're shy and other people, even if very lonely, tend to pretend that they're fine.

Monica 1
For goodness sake your 15 and still a child. Although i am sure you think your all grown up. Just do your studies and go out with your parents weekends and give them the time and respect they deserve . Trust me you wont have them forever.
Are you at school?
Either way your far too self indulgent for 15 dear. The world does not have to focus on just you. Put your name down for a volunteers job with the elderly, animals or whatever it is that you like doing.

You will meet many other people there and maybe find a special friend. I am not speaking of boyfriend just a friend.

Be assured ear there is nothing wrong with you. You are just growing up. Walk each day because i suspect your not . That leads to depression. Help Dad in the garden Help your Mum.

DONT focus on just you and things will be very much happier i promise.

Monica1 said:
One more thing: Is it normal to stay home in my room all day in front of the computer? 'Cause that's what I'm always doing. It's a shitty life, I know.

That is story of my life and I began not to know what is normal and what is not normal anymore. I think my chair began to worn out cos I always sit in same place!!!!!!!
Now, I just try go out when I can, I might find something or someone, even its a small trip to a shop (if you got more than 1 shop in your area, if you can, go to different ones each day) and also I do go to library sometimes to borrow books or just hang out in there to find anything interesting

Lols dude almost all the people I know sit in front of their computers all day, I spent all of highechool and most of college doing that :) ah good times
2nd dude you got to go to Indonesia that is awesome I've never had a chance to get out of the country.
It doesn't matter if you are outgoing or interesting it's important that you are kind to others, I don't want to be your friend if you are mean no matterhow interesting you are.

If you want to be more interesting, try getting some more hobbies, maybe things like video games, amine, books and movies, and music is great everyone loves music. In high school those were pretty much all we talked about, and it gives you something to say, like I just played final fantasy x it was awesome, have you played it? Have you gotten Past this one part ?
And so on.

Good luck, you are not boring, there is still so much left you can do, and discover about yourself

*hugs*
:D

I spend the majority of my spare time in front of the computer.

You are young, it's the time to discover yourself by trying new things.

Boring is rather subjective in my opinion, I've met people who are both outgoing and very uninteresting. In contrast, I have also met people who are reserved and rather fascinating. Nothing is truly set in stone.

If you are bored, mix it up. Don't be afraid to do what you would like to do, because if you don't will regret it later. You are 15 years old. You have plenty of time to make mistakes and grow.

I know it sucks to go out of the "comfort zone", but nothing will change unless you make an effort to do so.

no offense because i dont mean it in a negative way... but you havent become anything yet. your only 15. dont sweat it, in time you will find out who you really are.

Latest posts

Back