I just want someone to love me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naleena said:
We all want someone to "love" us. But what does that mean exactly? I think it means different things for different people. If your "soul mate" were standing in front of you and you could express exactly what "loving you" meant or what "being loved" by that person would mean to you by translating it into "I want,"or "I need," in this relationship, what would you say? Note: Saying that we need something in a relationship doesn't mean we are saying we need that person.

A few ways I would express how my feelings of being "loved by someone" could be met would be:

I have a need to feel safe and protected when I am with you.
I have a need to feel an intimate connection with you through physical touch.
I have a need to communicate with you about anything I want to without being critisised or judged.
I need to feel valued.
I have a need be accepted.
I have a need for autonomy.
I have a need for honesty.
I have a need to be respected for who I am.
I have a need to laugh and play.

This is what I need to feel loved...or a few of the things I need...lol

Girl, I think you just said everything I want. :)

LonelyDragon said:
eh? said:
LonelyDragon said:
Exactly. If you have to ask them to do something then it's not really the same.

The way things are for me right now I feel like I'm not really wanted here, but just helping out around the house. It's really not the feeling of being needed I am looking for. I feel more like a room mate than what I need to feel like.

What exactly do you need?
What do you see as the problem?

I just want someone to want me around for me. Not because they can't afford the cable bill this month. Or because they need someone to take the kids to school in the morning.

I would say this to my SO. "Honey, I need to feel like you want me here with you because you truley love me for who I am. I am not blaming you for how I feel.. I am sharing how I feel with you because you are an important part of my life and I love you. My need to feel close to you isn't being met by taking the kids to school and helping out in the house. I need some time with you (or whatever) because I miss that closeness we used to have. I miss YOU. I love you so much and I need to feel you love me too."

[/quote]

I would say this to my SO. "Honey, I need to feel like you want me here with you because you truley love me for who I am. I am not blaming you for how I feel.. I am sharing how I feel with you because you are an important part of my life and I love you. My need to feel close to you isn't being met by taking the kids to school and helping out in the house. I need some time with you (or whatever) because I miss that closeness we used to have. I miss YOU. I love you so much and I need to feel you love me too."
[/quote]

Well..after that..i wouldn't say anything. I'd show you how i feel
mmmm..maybe I think......

Anyway you want it , that's the way you need it..anyway you want it ;)

And the whole world would know i much i love you..
You'll be glowing with a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eyes..

You can easily tell when a woman had been loved...She glows.
There's an aura that surrounds her. She'll radiate with love or light.
The kids mis behaving won't bother her..
The kids will actually ask you. "what's up with mom...why is she so happy ?"....lmao
Your co-workers will notice how easy going and light hearted you are.
Your tone of vioce when you speak will automatically shift to the sound of honey and sweetness.
The house will almostly automatically get clean and have a homey comfort feeling of love as soon
as you step inside...because it will reflect what you're feeling on the inside.
There will be flowers in the garden and if you have plants inside the house...it'll be as if they're singing with you.

Lonesome Crow said:
Well..after that..i wouldn't say anything. I'd show you how i feel
mmmm..maybe I think......

Anyway you want it , that's the way you need it..anyway you want it ;)

And the whole world would know i much i love you..
You'll be glowing with a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eyes..

You can easily tell when a woman had been loved...She glows.
There's an aura that surrounds her. She'll radiate with love or light.
The kids mis behaving won't bother her..
The kids will actually ask you. "what's up with mom...why is she so happy ?"....lmao
Your co-workers will notice how easy going and light hearted you are.
Your tone of vioce when you speak will automatically shift to the sound of honey and sweetness.
The house will almostly automatically get clean and have a homey comfort feeling of love as soon
as you step inside...because it will reflect what you're feeling on the inside.
There will be flowers in the garden and if you have plants inside the house...it'll be as if they're singing with you.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I don't know whether to blush or cry...lol
It's ok to be honest in a loving way because people respond to that :)
I think we get into trouble when we forget that we have needs and we blame the other person for what we are feeling instead of asking for what we want. It's just my opinion. :p

i want to feel appriciated for everything i ******* do. and believe me, i do alot more than most people even consider doing.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Hawk)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I want to thank you and say I appreciate what you wrote in my rep.
I have read it many times when I have felt down and I know your words by heart. They makes me smile and feel good when I really need it. I am someone who doesn't always speak out when I am lonely. I tend to try and get through things on my own and reading the comments have always helped me to feel appreciated and valued. So, for whatever it's worth, you will never know how many times you have made my day better without even knowing it. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post them. I appreciate you! I guess people don't realize how important the little things are that others do. You say you do a lot and I believe you. You kindness to me has not gone by unnoticed. **Kisses**

Naleena said:
We all want someone to "love" us. But what does that mean exactly? I think it means different things for different people. If your "soul mate" were standing in front of you and you could express exactly what "loving you" meant or what "being loved" by that person would mean to you by translating it into "I want,"or "I need," in this relationship, what would you say? Note: Saying that we need something in a relationship doesn't mean we are saying we need that person.

A few ways I would express how my feelings of being "loved by someone" could be met would be:

I have a need to feel safe and protected when I am with you.
I have a need to feel an intimate connection with you through physical touch.
I have a need to communicate with you about anything I want to without being critisised or judged.
I need to feel valued.
I have a need be accepted.
I have a need for autonomy.
I have a need for honesty.
I have a need to be respected for who I am.
I have a need to laugh and play.

This is what I need to feel loved...or a few of the things I need...lol

I'd like to be accepted....loved....be able to make them laugh even if they've had the shittest day ever...and the communication 1

i'd rather bet on mccain winning the 2012 election then me finding this girl though

Latest posts

Back