I know the solution but can't put it into action.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Yes I'm lonely but the thing that really gets to me is that I know what to do so that I'm not lonely. Simple, just go out and talk to people. Thing is I'm sensitive to criticism and rejection so I don't do it. The answer is right in front of my face but I just can't do it. Sucks.

I've been doing some affirmations and it really helped. I say it in my mind often during day or when I feel criticized or rejected by people.

Anyone do affirmations?

I'm up for chatting and sharing ideas. I have msn and my sn is
[email protected]. Hope to hear from some you guys.

Guest said:
I know what to do so that I'm not lonely. Simple, just go out and talk to people.

That works for some peolpe; it doesn't for others. Never has for me; don't think it ever will. Sounds like you are young. Personally, I think at a certain point no longer trying may be the best solution for me and others like me. At least that way there is no pain from disappointment. I just try (failing so far) to improve myself and be the best person I know how to be, so that I am happy with myself, and if someone comes along (which seems truely impossible), then they will be more likely to start a friendship/relationship with someone who is not down and depressed and bitter.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you and some on this forum are.

What are "affrimations"? I am glad they help you.

I am also glad the other "guests" are not all just spider-bots, as I had feared.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back