I Know Who I Am!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
Yesterday, my little brother and I took a drive. We decided to drive to our old neighborhood which is about 45 minutes away. I have not been to that house.. that neighborhood in maybe 10 years.

That house.. it was the place where a man stole away from me my identity. He stamped out my spirit. For years I have been in a daze. I have felt feelings and had thoughts and could not understand where they came from or why I felt the way I did and do. I am now fully aware of everything. I know what my stepfather is. I know what he did to me and my family. I know how it has effected all of us.

I am emerging from a long slumber. I am finding myself, my true self, my lost self. That self that I was not allowed to be.

Driving down the old road reminded me of a memory. When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I walked around that neighborhood to every single house and asked if their were children I could play with. I was not afraid of meeting new people. I actively sought company. I rode my bicycle everywhere. The world was mine for the taking. I was fearless.

That's who I am. I will not live in fear! I am that same person who conquered the neighborhood. I remember who I was before my soul was trapped in a box. I am free from that evil man. It's been 7 years since I lived with him and I've lost so much time, but today is a brand new day. Today I've discovered my true spirit. I will not hold it back. The world is at my fingertips.

The connection to my identity was severed. It is being re-attached and I will never let anyone destroy it again. I will live free.

Jesse, that's awesome. I'm glad you took that trip. Good to know something clicked and helped you out. (((hug)))

I am so happy for your success!
You sir, are a champion and should always hold your head high!
From the posts that I've seen from you, I can tell that you are a beautiful person. :)
I am glad; I really am.

high-five.jpg

♥♥♥ Luv from Canada ^-^

VanillaCreme said:
Jesse, that's awesome. I'm glad you took that trip. Good to know something clicked and helped you out. (((hug)))

Thanks Nilla!! ((hug)) It has been an amazing day!

iWish said:
(HUG) Glad to hear of your self-discovery! That's amazing!

(HUGback) Thanks iWish! It feels really good.

Danielle said:
jesse, I am so glad you are feeling this way! onward and upwards! :)

Thank you Danielle! :)

NightHawkJohn said:
That's Awesome jesse don't let anyone stop you.

Thanks man!

SophiaGrace said:
I"m so happy for you Jesse. Keep on keeping on ^_^

Thanks Soph!! :D

Luna said:
I am so happy for your success!
You sir, are a champion and should always hold your head high!
From the posts that I've seen from you, I can tell that you are a beautiful person. :)
I am glad; I really am.

high-five.jpg

♥♥♥ Luv from Canada ^-^

Thank you for the high five Luna!! I fived it lol. You're a beautiful person too!

For you to have overcome such adversity makes me think that I can too.

I hope to hear of more success from you. ^-^

Luna said:
For you to have overcome such adversity makes me think that I can too.

I hope to hear of more success from you. ^-^

You can Luna! The best therapy is talking about stuff. :)

coricopat said:
If this were Facebook, I'd hit the 'Like' icon.

Nice. :)

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

That's how much I like this thread. :p

Latest posts

Back