I LOVE ALL OF YOU

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I care about all of you, and I wish all of you well, to act kind and receive kindness in return.
Great topic! :D

Paraiyar said:
BeyondShy said:
Me too?     Nahhhh😂

When I saw you'd replied to this I knew right away that your comment would be a self-pity party...

I know what you mean about self-pity, but at the same time I can see how someone might feel this way.  When you're constantly treated as if you're inferior or an undesirable, eventually it's what you come to expect and what you feel like, yourself.  And then when you act like you expect to be treated like an inferior or an undesirable and start to feel like one, you get treated like one because most people have very little tolerance for self-pity.  And the vicious cycle continues.  I continue to try to become more conscious of when I do this too, because I've unwittingly done this for years.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy that I only recently understood.  

I'm not attacking you, Paraiyar.  I'm just saying it's an easy trap to get stuck in.

AmytheTemperamental said:
It's ok, Ska. You and Beyondshy don't have to love me back :p

I didn't want to get too far off-topic but when I saw BeyondShy's and Paraiyar's posts, I had a moment of clarity.  I've been contemplating those ideas a lot lately, about how low self-image becomes a cycle.  

It was a sweet thread though that you started, though.  It cheered me up a bit to see it.

Latest posts

Back