I need to rant

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fvantom

Reaction score
WARNING: Incoming Rant, if youre planning on leaving any judgemental replies, stop reading here.

Tonight was pretty bad, I went for a walk to clear my mind and ended up doing just the opposite, I started thinking about how lonely I really am. Im 20, never had any real friends in my life, and yes, I know Im still pretty young and have time, Im still forcibly reminded regularly where I stand. I still have no friends, pretty much everyone I know has met their closest friends 10+ years ago.......10 years ago, ya know what was happening to me ten years ago? I was the one person everyone in the school hated, I was too busy being stripped of all my social skills to be making friends. After the 2 years of hell I went through I was too scared to even ******* look at another person my age let alone talk to them, honeysuckle, I still feel awkward talking to people. All through middle school, all through high school, when people are supposed to be carefree, having fun with their friends, I had to sit by myself as if I never existed.

And now, I see people with their good friends, talking about how great of a time they all have together, and then they ***** about things like girl problems, getting all depressed because one girl dumped them, calling themselves depressed and lonely, meanwhile theyre surrounded by friends who love them, friends that half the time they dont deserve. If I died tomorrow, I doubt anyone would even notice, let alone care.

I have no way of meeting people, I use Facebook a lot, I want nothing more than to delete my profile and never set mouse or keyboard into that site ever again...but I have no other way of meeting people, so Im stuck.....

sorry about this, its been a bad night.

I feel sorry for you :(
the song Much More Beautiful Person by bowling for soup fits this situation a bit

thanks, unfortunately all the pity in the world isnt gonna help me, I just honestly have nobody to talk to about that kind of stuff so it all has to be posted here -__-

Fvantom said:
thanks, unfortunately all the pity in the world isnt gonna help me, I just honestly have nobody to talk to about that kind of stuff so it all has to be posted here -__-

I've gone through similar situations at all three of the schools i've been at but not as bad as your describing, if i was there i would have sat with you and tried to make friends with you, i had almost two years of no friends and ******** when i stayed in ireland :(

If you haven't given up completely, we can be friends, if you want?

Its weird though, theres always people that made fun of someone in school, but I was in 5th grade, we were 10-11, but these kids werent just teasing, they actually had pure hate for me, for absolutely no reason, theyve even given death threats, Ive never heard of kids that young being so evil

Fvantom said:
Its weird though, theres always people that made fun of someone in school, but I was in 5th grade, we were 10-11, but these kids werent just teasing, they actually had pure hate for me, for absolutely no reason, theyve even given death threats, Ive never heard of kids that young being so evil
Kids usually do things like that, pick someone, bully them, and altogether alienate them.
just wondering, did any of them follow through with any threat?

condemnedsoul666 said:
Fvantom said:
Kids usually do things like that, pick someone, bully them, and altogether alienate them.
just wondering, did any of them follow through with any threat?

well Im still here XD nah they were kids but, still if you couldve seen how they were, it was really bad, and I was weak back then, I had no confidence, I literally hated myself, so all I could do was let it happen

When they started to get on my nerves i would stand up for myself, even though i was weak, and i even ended up friends with one of the bullies, i ended up in a couple of fights through this, and i hate having to use violence for anything, i think they do it to feel superior as they are usually led by the weaker ones, who could be easy to sort out if you got them alone, without the others around.

It's good to get your feelings out. I'm sure you feel a bit better by doing so. Sometimes I wish I had people to talk to about some of my deep feelings. But there's really no one that I could talk to about these feelings that I would feel comfortable with. So I've made a few posts here which were similarly somewhat of a rant - and just expressing them made me feel a bit better.

But yeah, it's definitely hard to make friends when you're a bit older. Especially when people are already close with their own groups n honeysuckle. But you said you use FB to try and meet people. Not a very good avenue to do so man lol. People use FB to connect with their already current friends, and those who they have made in real life. Random adding and such doesn't usually work with to much success on it...

A little bit of generic advice - but what about joining clubs or groups of some sort of similar interest? Maybe a sport group or whatever. Or even try some online dating sites (but use it to look for friends primarily).

I havent had any real friends since ive moved here in englAnd. And its nearly ten years,i have more online friends than real friends. These people i really cant consider as friends, its like we only know each other by name and thats about it.

P.S.
Rant more.

Yellow eyes x

*hugs*

I guess you really needed to get that off your chest. Its tough feeling like you're invisible and trapped as well because you feel that there is no other way for you to meet people except on facebook. When you see others with their good friends you feel as though life is just passing by you so much so you feel that even if you are not around anymore, you feel that you will not be missed. That is a lot to take in.

Hope you'll start to feel a little better knowing that some people here do care and can relate to how you're feeling right now.

We're in the same boat, dude. I know how you feel, the emptiness and isolation of your situation. What's worse is people don't understand. I mean, you're young like I am (too young to worry about these things, right?) so you have plenty of time. Those words provide no comfort, because all you see is a future that replicates the past, because all we can do is base our hopes and expectations on experience.

I know how you feel, though, mate. Like I say, I'm in the same situation as you. I have to believe that we have hope though. Feel free to rant. Let it out and find some relief.

I hope you feel better, bud. Always available to chat should you ever want it.

Fvantom said:
WARNING: Incoming Rant, if youre planning on leaving any judgemental replies, stop reading here.

Tonight was pretty bad, I went for a walk to clear my mind and ended up doing just the opposite, I started thinking about how lonely I really am. Im 20, never had any real friends in my life, and yes, I know Im still pretty young and have time, Im still forcibly reminded regularly where I stand. I still have no friends, pretty much everyone I know has met their closest friends 10+ years ago.......10 years ago, ya know what was happening to me ten years ago? I was the one person everyone in the school hated, I was too busy being stripped of all my social skills to be making friends. After the 2 years of hell I went through I was too scared to even ******* look at another person my age let alone talk to them, honeysuckle, I still feel awkward talking to people. All through middle school, all through high school, when people are supposed to be carefree, having fun with their friends, I had to sit by myself as if I never existed.

And now, I see people with their good friends, talking about how great of a time they all have together, and then they ***** about things like girl problems, getting all depressed because one girl dumped them, calling themselves depressed and lonely, meanwhile theyre surrounded by friends who love them, friends that half the time they dont deserve. If I died tomorrow, I doubt anyone would even notice, let alone care.

I have no way of meeting people, I use Facebook a lot, I want nothing more than to delete my profile and never set mouse or keyboard into that site ever again...but I have no other way of meeting people, so Im stuck.....

sorry about this, its been a bad night.

It’s the same for a lot of us. It is becoming harder and harder to meet anyone. I often think there is more chance of me winning every lotto game for a week than finding any friends at all.

But your wrong about one thing “I’ve got time”. You actually haven’t. You need to do everything in your power to get friends now. I was in your position at your age. I’m now 30 and I am still like it. Your youth goes a long way towards making friends, but it don’t half go fast!

Don’t end up like me for gods sake.

jean-vic said:
We're in the same boat, dude. I know how you feel, the emptiness and isolation of your situation. What's worse is people don't understand. I mean, you're young like I am (too young to worry about these things, right?) so you have plenty of time. Those words provide no comfort, because all you see is a future that replicates the past, because all we can do is base our hopes and expectations on experience.

I know how you feel, though, mate. Like I say, I'm in the same situation as you. I have to believe that we have hope though. Feel free to rant. Let it out and find some relief.

I hope you feel better, bud. Always available to chat should you ever want it.

Yeah, I feel the same. Blowing off steam helps a great deal. Your comment reminded me that the last 4 - 5 years on New Year's eve I wish next year things to be better for the loneliness to go away, but it hasn't so far. I guess it's the same ******* cycle over and over again, and one day you wake up,and you're fifty, realizing you've wasted your youth, your life.

Latest posts

Back