I think I'm losing my once called friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetviki

Reaction score
I think I've lost my once called best friend. It seems like we used to be good firends and now she has other people that replaced that bff status that we had. She doesnt want to hang out anymore its always me that invited her to do something. I have friends but it seems that half of them are just good accuintances now as opposed to friends. I used to be friends with many different people but it seems like they all just found something else. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I always valued my friendships because when I first moved here I didnt speak english and it took awhile to learn the language and make friends. Now I just feel like everyone has moved appart and I feel really lonely

Hi Sweetviki

I know how you feel, my best friend of six years seems to have changed so much ever since she graduated and started her new job.  She’s bought into the whole middle class ideology, and being a ‘professional’.  I'm happy for her, but why do I have to be a casualty of her success.  She and I don't seem to have anything in common anymore, especially as she’s found herself a new best friend, someone who works in the same field as she does.  It hurts but it also helps to recognise, that some friendships are not destined to last forever, and that some people will come into our lives and help us through difficult times, maybe even help us to grow, and their work will be done.  I'm trying to make some new friends at the moment, its hard work, as everyone seems so superficial and suspicious of your intentions, but I'm going to persevere, so should you.  Its their loss not yours.

Hi
I'm new here. I think I was lonely boy forever. All my friends have their friends. They are getting busy with their life. And here I am wrting about my loneliness. Everyone is so happy as the weekend comes closer. @ 5:30 Friday when I get off from work I don't know what I am gonna do for the next two days. On Monday everybody talks about how intersting the weekend was. I just listen to their stories and keep quiet. I have a good job and I like it. I like to do stuffs and travel. I wish I could find someone to travel. Seems like this loneliness won't leave me alone.

Latest posts

Back