I wish I had parents who actually liked each other

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad my parents finally separated after more than 25 miserable years together! My brother and I saw so many arguments and things that no child should be subjected to, I shudder at all those memories. My father was an alcoholic who was verbally abusive..my mom of course was submissive to him. My brother now refuses to talk to our dad and if it weren't for my son I probably wouldn't talk to him either. I hold so much resentment towards him and towards my mom as well for putting up with it for so long.

Parents suck. But now that I am one, I'm trying to not make the same mistakes they did. I guess in a way it helped me to see what NOT to do or be like.

I somewhat feel it worth saying that growing up with parents that were not always at each other's throat does not necessarily make one a socially well rounded and happy person. For example, me.

As is always with life, other things tend to arise.

penny143 said:
I am so glad my parents finally separated after more than 25 miserable years together! My brother and I saw so many arguments and things that no child should be subjected to, I shudder at all those memories. My father was an alcoholic who was verbally abusive..my mom of course was submissive to him. My brother now refuses to talk to our dad and if it weren't for my son I probably wouldn't talk to him either. I hold so much resentment towards him and towards my mom as well for putting up with it for so long.

Parents suck. But now that I am one, I'm trying to not make the same mistakes they did. I guess in a way it helped me to see what NOT to do or be like.

same here.

except i became one happy 1st greader when my parents divorced after 9 years of all kinds of fights..threats...tears etc.
it was hell

Antihero said:
I somewhat feel it worth saying that growing up with parents that were not always at each other's throat does not necessarily make one a socially well rounded and happy person. For example, me.

Nope it sure doesn't. I'm even more proof of that.

Latest posts

Back