If some of us came to visit you, where would you take us?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
EveWasFramed said:
Well, I'm only two hours from Atlanta! ATL can provide some VERY interesting activities. Lots of culture, history and entertainment! There's something for everyone there. They have a great night life entertainment scene too.

I've never been to Atlanta but I did sail down the Savannah River on the HMS Bounty one time, (Yes, the one they filmed Mutiny on the Bounty on.) Hung out on the river front in Savannah and stayed in Garden City Ga for a couple weeks.
Atlanta sounds fun!:)

Ever been to Savannah during the St. Patrick's Day celebration? I don't know if they still do it, but they used to dye the river green!
A few things about Atlanta that I didn't mention:
Atlanta Braves
Six Flags Over Georgia
Stone Mountain Park
New Wolrd Of Coca-Cola
Georgia Aquarium (which I found out IS the world's largest)
Atlanta Botanical Garden
Atlanta Zoo
Atlanta Ballet
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chastain Park Amphitheatre
Center for Puppetry Arts
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
Jimmy Carter Library and Museum

lol, should I keep going? I could keep this up all night. There's seriously a LOT to do in A-town!!

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
We would all stay at the Canaan Valley Resort, Canaan valley is the highest valley east of the Mississippi at 3,200 ft, surrounded by mountains. It's a wildlife refuge, whitetail deer and bears and bald eagles, And has great snow skiing and hiking trails everywhere, horse back riding, mountain biking and fishing. There's waterfalls and train rides powered by old steam engines. Top end restaurant too. It's a couple hours from my house. Hope to see you soon!:)

Do they have a spa at the resort?? I have hiking boots, no need to buy any. :D lol, other than a nice hike, you can keep the flora and fauna, lol.

Naleena said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
It's a wildlife refuge, whitetail deer and bears and bald eagles, /quote]

Bald Eagles! Wow! Never seen one. Wouldn't it be cool if one of them dropped a feather? It would be great to have a real feather. I would have to hide it though....lol I heard on NPR that it is a $10,000 fine if you get caught with a feather of an endangered bird. The interviewer asked what if the person just found it on the ground? The speaker said that it didn't matter. I don't care, I couldn't resist having one if it was just laying there...lol

That's a mighty expensive temptation to give into, Nal. :p

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Steel said:
Well, I must admit that I have a fantastic view from my house, overlooking the sea and a couple of smaller islands, and a coastal castle. I'm also in walking distance of the cliff paths, which run along the southern part of this island, and have very impressive views but the nearest beaches (I'm close to the harbour) are a 10 min drive. Although there are some nice secluded ones that you can only reach from the cliff paths.

We have fantastic restaurants, and many very nice bars, so any visitors would be sure to be shown my favourites lol.

Visit? I'm moving in!:cool:

****, I'm with ghost on this one.

Avi said:
Hi Naleena,

I'm new to this forum but thought I'd pipe in. If you were to visit me I would take you to Quebec City, Canada, with it's beautiful cobble stone roads and 400 year old architecture. We'd take a horse and carriage ride inside the historic walls, then we'd stop at a local bakery for some fresh baked bread and true Quebec cheese! Or we'd go Niagara On the Lake, Ontario and take a wine tour through the gravel stoned roads and sample each winery. Canada is a beautiful country, there would be so much to do!

I want to come too!!! LOL

Hi, Avi, and welcome.:)

EveWasFramed said:
Avi said:
Hi Naleena,

I'm new to this forum but thought I'd pipe in. If you were to visit me I would take you to Quebec City, Canada, with it's beautiful cobble stone roads and 400 year old architecture. We'd take a horse and carriage ride inside the historic walls, then we'd stop at a local bakery for some fresh baked bread and true Quebec cheese! Or we'd go Niagara On the Lake, Ontario and take a wine tour through the gravel stoned roads and sample each winery. Canada is a beautiful country, there would be so much to do!

I want to come too!!! LOL

Hi, Avi, and welcome.:)

Yes, come along!!! lol The more the merrier!!!
Thanks for the welcome EveWasFramed!!! :D

Naleena said:
A ballet, Sis? Your gonna have to take me...lol
I have always wanted to go to a ballet and an opera. Maybe one day? Would be nice.

Remember Mike? He took me to the opera once; *yawns* I would have rather gone to a hockey game.:D

Naleena said:
Avi said:
Hi Naleena,

Hi Avi
Welcome to the forum. You have described such a perfect day!!
I would love to go on a horse and carriage ride! I've never been on one before. :) Infact, I've never been on a wine tour. But to go on gravel stone roads? Sounds divine. I have to warn you, I never drink, so just a little makes me tipsey...lol Thanks for replying and I look forward to seeing you around.

Thanks Naleena! You start some great posts here :D

I've been to Quebec City a few times...it's one of my favorite places in Canada. Fresh baked bread, cheese and wine...oh yum! lol

To a castle. To see robin hood's tree, Yes I would take you to see a tree lol. To the see side and of course to the pub lol And anywhere else you wonted to go :)

EveWasFramed said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
We would all stay at the Canaan Valley Resort, Canaan valley is the highest valley east of the Mississippi at 3,200 ft, surrounded by mountains. It's a wildlife refuge, whitetail deer and bears and bald eagles, And has great snow skiing and hiking trails everywhere, horse back riding, mountain biking and fishing. There's waterfalls and train rides powered by old steam engines. Top end restaurant too. It's a couple hours from my house. Hope to see you soon!:)

Do they have a spa at the resort?? I have hiking boots, no need to buy any. :D lol, other than a nice hike, you can keep the flora and fauna, lol.

Yes, they have a spa, 5 different massage technics. Don't worry, It's a state park, It's against the law to eat the flora or fauna.:p You would have to settle for filet mignon and a nice bottle of wine. I'll even rub your feet after the hike, provided they don't stink too bad.:D LOL

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
EveWasFramed said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:

Yes, they have a spa, 5 different massage technics. Don't worry, It's a state park, It's against the law to eat the flora or fauna.:p You would have to settle for filet mignon and a nice bottle of wine. I'll even rub your feet after the hike, provided they don't stink too bad.:D LOL

I'm a lady, I don't allow my feet to be stinky. *sniffs disdainfully*:p
Massage, wine, foot rub...heh, where do I sign up??

ah, I would go on a lot of these trips lol

If a group of lonely lifers showed up in my neck of the woods we would go to Assateague island and I would take you all down all the good bike paths, go up a light house, see some of the wild horses, walk on the beaches that no one goes on and see what shells and stuff we could pick up

Then if we were feeling ambitious we could go to Ocean City where we could walk on the board walk, enjoy sand sculptures and street music, then I'll take yo to the best part of the beach right on the end of the island where you can walk right out on the jetty and feel like your on the edge of the world

....Then if we were feeling extremely ambitious AND money was not an option we would go to St. Michaels where I guarantee the best sea food you've ever had and we'd get to annoy all the rich people there it would be a hoot:D

NeverMore said:

If a group of lonely lifers showed up in my neck of the woods we would go to Assateague island and I would take you all down all the good bike paths, go up a light house, see some of the wild horses, walk on the beaches that no one goes on and see what shells and stuff we could pick up

Then if we were feeling ambitious we could go to Ocean City where we could walk on the board walk, enjoy sand sculptures and street music, then I'll take yo to the best part of the beach right on the end of the island where you can walk right out on the jetty and feel like your on the edge of the world

....Then if we were feeling extremely ambitious AND money was not an option we would go to St. Michaels where I guarantee the best sea food you've ever had and we'd get to annoy all the rich people there it would be a hoot:D

Hey, can I put my name on the waiting list??:p

hmmm, honestly there is very little to do in Iowa, but i could find some stuff.

well slipknot and Stone Sour is from Des Moine IA. I'd take you guys to see Brucemore the Historic manson. Then we could take a trip down The Cedar River and travel down the Mississppi River a ways.

we've got a few small water parks and amusement parks. We could take do some biking and hiking on a few scenic trails.

Oh and of course we'll have to go to Villisca Iowa, home of the Villisca Ax Murders in 1912

we could do some ghost hunting

:D

Oh and if you guys came in the spring or summer and if money was no object we should go on a tour around plains and chase tornados

evanescencefan91 said:
Oh and of course we'll have to go to Villisca Iowa, home of the Villisca Ax Murders in 1912

Oh and if you guys came in the spring or summer and if money was no object we should go on a tour around plains and chase tornados

Ax Murders? Yes, I bet there would be ghosties there...lol Hey,David! Where that ifra red? Looks like we have enough to form a ghost busters team...lol Evanescence I'm letting you and David go first though...lol I will protect you in the back...lol

As far as chasing tornadoes, I dunnoh, Girlie...lol That's more spookey than the ghosts!

NeverMore said:

I love the beach!! Put my name in too! Can you ride horses on the beach? Oh, that would be fun. And build a bon fire beside the ocean?
That would be so cool!

Bluey said:
To a castle. To see robin hood's tree, Yes I would take you to see a tree lol. To the see side and of course to the pub lol And anywhere else you wonted to go :)

Cousin, does Robin Hood really have a tree?...lol Will they let us climb it? I would like to go to the pub with you and see your tray hat.....lol That was a funny picture you posted wearing a tray for a hat! I say we pack em up and all go to my cousin Bluey's house.

Naleena said:
evanescencefan91 said:

Ax Murders? Yes, I bet there would be ghosties there...lol Hey,David! Where that ifra red? Looks like we have enough to form a ghost busters team...lol Evanescence I'm letting you and David go first though...lol I will protect you in the back...lol

As far as chasing tornadoes, I dunnoh, Girlie...lol That's more spookey than the ghosts!

I'll grab my stuff. I'll even take the lead. Ghosts always get the last one in line anyway. Don't you watch Scooby Doo.:p

Kool thread,
my boyfriend is someone who i met at this site.
and in less than a month he is coming to visit...

I really have to plan this out...
I think we will vist three towns here
Montego Bay, Kingston (where i live), and St. Thomas.

In Kingston I dont have a clue what we will do with the time... one night we can go to the cinema...
other nights ..
well in the day we can tour my campus, and eat and talk..

I will try to plan it as soon as my exam is over.

Latest posts

Back