If you had millions of dollars ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadGuy

Reaction score
We have probably all heard of huge lottery pots lately
If you had the winning ticket and you are now independently wealthy for life, what would you do ?

OK
I will start it
I have 7 siblings and would give each of the $50K
For myself I think I would purchase a vehicle for everyday ....Monday ...Tuesday ...
I would probably move someplace that doesnt see snow ..a place on the beach

My family and a couple of friends would instantly retire. I've always told myself if I win, I would become a philanthropist. I would only give to animal shelters, centers for abused women and children and I would like to do backpack drives for school kids.

Actually, since I don't trust where my money would go, (I'm not lining the pockets of some greedy *******, who would take advantage of the situation) I would donate various goods/supplies to the aforementioned groups.

Lastly, I would open a dog park in my father's name. The rest (traveling, a new home, new car, etc) would be icing on the cake.

If I had trillions and trillions I would invest in making Europe the dominant world superpower again and also try and do good things for the environment and endangered species. Millions wouldn't be enough to do what I want.

(Though if I had trillions of Euros then it might cause massive inflation so that wouldn't be so good)

Here is a few of mine:
Find someone nice to spend my life with.
I would like to have a nice place in a forest surrounded by trees and wildlife.
I would Travel some and see the world.
I would also buy some nice cars ( i have a list of a few hundred :) )
I would a build a large workshop so i could build things and tinker around.
Have Really nice home gym and pool.
Learn to fly a plane.
Maybe drive across Antarctica in a custom truck i designed and built.

I am sure i could think of more but that's enough for the moment.

If only one million?

I'd invest it all and live off the swr of 40k/yr while I pursue other interests without worrying about finances.

If I had many millions I'd probably do the same honestly.

Donate or invest the majority of it into charities/organizations helping people in the developing world. Couldn't live with myself otherwise.

I would keep enough to live reasonably comfortably, maybe travel once a year, buy a 4k gaming setup and get some maintenance work done around the house.

Pay off all my debts. Squander the rest on gaming PCs, and games. Maybe take a vacation to tour Mayan ruins.

Then cry uncontrollably when I inevitably get taxed on those millions leaving me with more like 10 dollars. :D

I could have a lot of fun with the ability to perform random acts of kindness taking advantage of unlimited funds

1) Pay student debt.
2) Pay current carrer.
3) Find a place with cheap rent with the necessary things to survive.
4) Make a small studio for my music and buy original VST software (not pirated)
5) Buy some instruments; nothing fancy and learn to play them.
6) Have time to read, write, learn new languages, watch Tv shows and play videogames.
7) Live there alone without having to work for as long as I could.
8) Politely ignore anyone who suddenly remembers me and cares about me for the money.
9) Travel the world.

Xpendable said:
2) Pay current carrer.

I have no idea what this is.

Like many of you I would just find a place / way to live without working and largely give the rest away. I don't think I would give any of it to humans who typically squander it. But only animals that are usually innocent.

And I would get a dog.

1.) Pay off student loans

2.) Donate to my local library, which could use a hefty sum of money

3.) Travel now and again

4.) Save the rest of the money

I'd buy a few small apartments with as little maintenance cost as possible, at different locations. Depending on how many millions, I'd at least get one. Then I'd have a place to store my things, and a backup in case I need a place to stay, cheaply but comfortably.

And I'd invest the rest of the money. Some long term, some short term. Then I'd go travel around the world. When you can travel for an indefinite length of time, there's the added benefit of traveling bit by bit, which can be quite cheap compared to flights. Hitchhike, bike, buses. I'd stop to see everything. Not having to worry about getting anywhere on a deadline.

If I won say £20 million.
Obviously buy a new house with a garden.
Quit my job.
Play golf on some courses I couldn't usually afford.
Go places to take photo's.
Treat all my family.
Treat basically everybody I have known and liked.
Give to some charities, homeless, kids, cancer etc.

Set up a business to continuously support a high-quality school for orphans of Bangladesh who need the education the most. This is probably one of the few ambitions which keep me alive.

For me, most impulse purchases are outside the box. Since I have a tight hold on my household budget, if I won a lot of money, I would set aside some of it for "mad money" so I can say "yes" once in awhile to impulse purchases.
Other than that, I would still work. I need something meaningful to get up for in the morning. I would pay for any college my kid wanted to go to and I would gift money to family and close friends. And there are plenty of worthy charities that deserve help and resources.

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back