If you won a million dollars in the lottery, how would you spend it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naleena said:
I would buy a large piece of land with water on it. Preferably a good stream and a small pond for wild ducks. I would build a beautiful rustic house with a porch facing the west so I could watch the sun set every evening. I would have a garden with fresh veggies and a flower garden too, so I could put fresh flowers in every room : ) Oh! And a little green house for my winter greens. I would have cats and several dogs. Maybe some chickens running wild for fresh eggs. My neighbors would be far from me....lol I like privacy. So if I get up at 3 am on a full moon night, I can sit in my gown outside on the porch. I so love the night!

I would pay off my bills, put away some money for when I'm old, share with my family, and go to school until I became a FNP. Then I would spend the rest of my life doing volunteer work!

Yeah, now that would be the life!

Oh ****, Nal, I want in on that duck thing!:p Remember we fed them in college?? I can get some land to your left and David can get some to your right and we can all live happily ever after, feeding ducks and chasing chickens, lol!:D Plus we can make fun of David, sitting on his porch in the latest fashions from Victoria's Secret. :p ****, I'd pay good money to see that.

Idk what I would do with a million or is it millions of dollar? How much are we talking about here? LOL all I want is someone to love me, maybe I'll buy love with it.

Chris 2 said:
Idk what I would do with a million or is it millions of dollar? How much are we talking about here? LOL all I want is someone to love me, maybe I'll buy love with it.

You could buy love. You would have NP in ppl "loving" you with a million in your back pocket. Just make sure that you don't lose the million or you could be losing ye women too huh

I think you might end up finding out just how superficial ppl can be with a million qwid.

With a million pounds I would buy a bigger home to have moor space to feel lonely in. A faster and newer car to just leave seat on the drive, Sept for the one time a week that I go shopping in it. It would mean nothing to me.

hawk9007 said:
id, buy a million dollars worth of ramen O_O

I wouldn't spend it all on ramen. You'll need some of the money to buy high bloodpressure meds, lol!:p That's a LOT of sodium!

EveWasFramed said:
Naleena said:
Who is David?

heh, didn't you read the what's your real name thread, girl?:p

David is Ghost?...lol He wouldn't want to live beside us. I'd be bugging him about showing me wild plants and berries...lol I think that survival stuff is cool...lol Coarse I wouldn't mind us all getting together for some southern ice tea and laid back conversation when the sun was setting or breakfast on the porch. Remember Sis when we lived in Spartanburg?
I would get up in the morning and Eric and his room mate would sit out on the deck with me. I used to make them breakfast and coffee. We would eat out on that little table I bought from Kmart and Chuck would point out birds and teach me about them. Those were the good ole days. Nothing like breakfast and a good cup of coffee outside with the morning dew and birdies singing : )

EveWasFramed said:
Naleena said:
Who is David?

I just read his profile. He likes paranormal stuff? Are we talking TAPS here? I love that stuff! Where's my voice recorder when I need it? Oh yes, how about a little infra red. It might nice having him for a neighbor. You too seem to get along pretty good :)
Love ya, Sis! **kisses**

Naleena said:
EveWasFramed said:
Naleena said:
Who is David?

I just read his profile. He likes paranormal stuff? Are we talking TAPS here? I love that stuff! Where's my voice recorder when I need it? Oh yes, how about a little infra red. It might nice having him for a neighbor. You too seem to get along pretty good :)
Love ya, Sis! **kisses**
Hi. Naleena.

TAPS can't hold a candle to my group. We do our investigation before our interviews, then see what matches. No preconseved bumps in the night that way. 97% of all (ghosts) have a scientific explanation so it would make boring TV. It's the other 3% that keeps me going back.
I would love to live between the two of you. Never a dull moment!:D
And I would look darn good in Victoria's Secret's latest, Thank you.:p
And when you are sitting out after dark. Remember, I have nightvision, Hey, maybe then I COULD see Eve's booty.:p

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Naleena said:
EveWasFramed said:
Naleena said:
Who is David?

Love ya, Sis! **kisses**
Hi. Naleena.

TAPS can't hold a candle to my group. We do our investigation before our interviews, then see what matches. No preconseved bumps in the night that way. 97% of all (ghosts) have a scientific explanation so it would make boring TV. It's the other 3% that keeps me going back.
I would love to live between the two of you. Never a dull moment!:D
And I would look darn good in Victoria's Secret's latest, Thank you.:p
And when you are sitting out after dark. Remember, I have nightvision, Hey, maybe then I COULD see Eve's booty.:p

Eve's booty??
I was framed I tell you!

Naleena said:
David is Ghost?...lol He wouldn't want to live beside us. I'd be bugging him about showing me wild plants and berries...lol I think that survival stuff is cool...lol Coarse I wouldn't mind us all getting together for some southern ice tea and laid back conversation when the sun was setting or breakfast on the porch. Remember Sis when we lived in Spartanburg?
I would get up in the morning and Eric and his room mate would sit out on the deck with me. I used to make them breakfast and coffee. We would eat out on that little table I bought from Kmart and Chuck would point out birds and teach me about them. Those were the good ole days. Nothing like breakfast and a good cup of coffee outside with the morning dew and birdies singing : )

Heh, you and Ghost are more than welcome to the bees, birds, and berries. You two are also welcome to the breakfast on the porch. As you know, I'm NOT a morning person. I'll cook dinner. And no, I won't be cooking something that you two have pilfered from the forest!:rolleyes:

Yeah, those were some good times in Spartanburg. Remember Eric's smoothies? Milk blended with fruit cocktail? ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I hated that honeysuckle, but didn't want to hurt the poor guy's feelings.:p Do you remember when I went to dinner with the two of them once? They kept buying me drinks and I was having a good time and didn't notice how many drinks I'd actually consumed. I was good and honeysuckle-faced by the time we left. When we left, I was able to walk out under my own steam, but I had one hand on Eric's shoulder and the other on Chucks. That was a feat in itself, because if you recall, Eric was only about 5'10" and Chuck was 6'6"! Luckily, they were both complete gentlemen. I would have hated to have to kick one of my neighbors in the crotch. That would have sucked.:(:p

I'd move to a major city on the West Coast, spend several years producing a new portfolio, and have a real go at this "Fine Artist *?" thing that I once imagined that I could pull off. A million dollars would make that project much easier. Financial pressures are stifling.

By the way, the pirate bus photo is from the Burning Man festival in Black Rock City, Nevada. Which I'm going to in one month. It's the first thing that I've genuinely looked forward to in a long, long time. At the very least I'm guaranteed some kind of spectacle.

luciddisconnect said:
I'd move to a major city on the West Coast, spend several years producing a new portfolio, and have a real go at this "Fine Artist *?" thing that I once imagined that I could pull off. A million dollars would make that project much easier. Financial pressures are stifling.

By the way, the pirate bus photo is from the Burning Man festival in Black Rock City, Nevada. Which I'm going to in one month. It's the first thing that I've genuinely looked forward to in a long, long time. At the very least I'm guaranteed some kind of spectacle.

What type of art do you do? Paintings? Sculpture?
Welcome, btw. : )

id find an area i like and get a house and furnish it, get a new car, and pay off anything i currently owe. then id take a trip to tour parts of europe. then when i came back id put most of what i had left into savings and let it gain interest. either that or find someone that can help me invest it into something that will turn it into more money.

I would buy a small house and put half of the remaining into stocks/investments. The other half would go into the bank, into a high-interest account. And then I'd take it easy.

I'd buy a small house, get driving lessons and get a car, then I'd buy as many My Little Ponies as I could get my hands on. I'd save the rest. Dunno.

A small house with a basement I could convert eventually into a studio, enroll myself in college/university for jazz/theory studies and depending on how much was left after that I'd either learn to fly or just invest.

Latest posts

Back