I'm going CrAzY

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
NO, not what you guys think...

I'll try to make it as simple as possible. I have one last essay left for my quarter, that if I don't pass I won't pass this "core" class, and if I don't pass "core" class, I can kiss my future away... Because if I don't pass this class, I have not finish all the mandatory requirement of my university, and thus will be kick out of it. It is the most demanding, most stressful essay off my life, and I only have till Thursday to turn it in. I am so freaking out right now, I have been staring at the computer screen for approximately 4 hours now, and still nothing is coming up for me. I don't know what I would do if I fail this class, I don't even know if I can even look at my parents in the face. The teacher is putting so much pressure telling me that it better be my best essay yet for me to pass, and my heart is just racing this whole time. I have to pass this essay, at least a C, and then I will be able to pass this class. Also if I fail and get kick, I can kiss both my future and any chance of making friends.:(

I don't know what to do, I'm having writer block. AHHHHHHH

Oh that sucks when you can't think of anything to write. I think you well pass but there has been plenty of successful ppl do well for them self that failed college. Time you got creative and got that essay done I say :)

Edit cos I forgot to say good luck with the exams.

Ugh sounds familiar, I can also stare at a the screen for hours when I need to write something and the mind is just sooo freaking blank. Though I eventually come up with something anyway. What's the topic? Maybe we can throw in some ideas.

Whats the topic, and when is it due? I think you're in luck, Chris. So far I happen to write a pretty good essay. ;)

Well my thesis is arguing against Huntington that Mexicans illegal immigrants will be able to learn and speak English by the later generation. And the paper is due Thursday. I'm a horrible writer btw

Just remember the basic rules of english. Read everything back to yourself outloud and see if it sounds fluent.

So your thesis is arguing that Mexican immigrants -will- be able to learn and speak English by the later generation?

To support your thesis, I'd look for language studies and the average cost and availability of basic English classes. www.google.com and http://scholar.google.com are your best friends. ;)

As for the body of your paper, I think you want to discuss how long it takes an individual to comprehend and learn a language. Again, find statistics if you can and talk about those. Work off of your thesis.

If you want, Chris, get as much as you can written and send it to me in a PM. I'll read over it and see if I can't offer more specific advice :)

Just keep in mind, you're attending a pretty high ranked college in California...whereas I'm taking a few simple classes at a Community College for the time being. But, I'm told I speak and write well, so hopefully we can get this hammered out.

Another thought, can you choose your own topic? Is there one you feel more strongly about that you can write on instead? I find it incredibly easier to write a good essay when I actually care about the topic. I just got done with an essay where we had to pick a local problem and write about a solution for it... I picked local production and abuse of methamphetamine and why it's destroying our communities in this area. And, well, I hate tweakers and meth cooks with a deep passion. So the 2.5 page requirement turned in to 4 pages and it's awesome :) Writing about what you know and care about can put you in an infinitely better position if that's an option.

Brian said:
Just remember the basic rules of english. Read everything back to yourself outloud and see if it sounds fluent.

So your thesis is arguing that Mexican immigrants -will- be able to learn and speak English by the later generation?

To support your thesis, I'd look for language studies and the average cost and availability of basic English classes. www.google.com and http://scholar.google.com are your best friends. ;)

As for the body of your paper, I think you want to discuss how long it takes an individual to comprehend and learn a language. Again, find statistics if you can and talk about those. Work off of your thesis.

If you want, Chris, get as much as you can written and send it to me in a PM. I'll read over it and see if I can't offer more specific advice :)

Not to mention my teacher has a PH.D or should I say professor and from what people have tell me, he one of the most hardest grader!

Just keep in mind, you're attending a pretty high ranked college in California...whereas I'm taking a few simple classes at a Community College for the time being. But, I'm told I speak and write well, so hopefully we can get this hammered out.

Aww your so great Brian:) (ugh not what you think) I'll sure check to see what I can fine. I have all the statistic and info in a couple of reading I had to read in class, the hard part is trying to word it right, and to critically engage the text with evidence, opinion, and most of all argument.

Wait! How did you know I attend a high ranked college in California? Eh it don't matter, I should be honor, you actually remember things about me. Even so, I feel so lazy, I mean I had last Tuesday, which is more than a week for an essay, and I just been procrastinating. It so hard when your like depress and also at the same time scare to go back to school. Then I have another writing class after this, and if I don't pass that before this year end, I can't no longer be a student there anymore. So much work, fear, and stress all at the same time. I wish I could slow down time or reverse it altogether.

I know how the procrastinating thing goes. I do it all the time, lol :p And yes, it is very hard to be motivated when depression or loneliness has you by the throat.

But, if you can really get in to the essay and do a good job, it can really do a number for your confidence. I dunno about you, but when I write a good paper and print it out and look at it, it makes me feel accomplished.

Try and clear your head somehow. Meditate, exercise, is there something you've found helps you relax? Also, snack on something. That helps some people. Others find that background music helps them out (try something without lyrics)...I'm one of those. Those are the basic 'homework suggestions'...you've probably heard them before though.

When it comes to wording, I'd go like this: First make sure you have a good thesis statement. Then figure out how your argument will flow, what points you want to touch on and discuss. Each point is a paragraph usually. Then figure out what bits of supporting evidence, statistics, references etc. will go best with each point.

And try not to think of it as an essay. Try to get in the mindset that you're actually here to present a counter-argument to this other chump and you're going to show him what-for. Try and find ways to refute or counter -his- points that -he- makes; this might go best after you make all of your own points as long as you don't repeat yourself. That will help lengthen (and strengthen!) your essay.

Sweet Jesus on a bun, it's almost 2:00. I gotta go to bed or boss will summarily execute me for showing up tired. Good luck! I'll be around tomorrow evening.

Brian said:
I know how the procrastinating thing goes. I do it all the time, lol :p And yes, it is very hard to be motivated when depression or loneliness has you by the throat.

But, if you can really get in to the essay and do a good job, it can really do a number for your confidence. I dunno about you, but when I write a good paper and print it out and look at it, it makes me feel accomplished.

Try and clear your head somehow. Meditate, exercise, is there something you've found helps you relax? Also, snack on something. That helps some people. Others find that background music helps them out (try something without lyrics)...I'm one of those. Those are the basic 'homework suggestions'...you've probably heard them before though.

When it comes to wording, I'd go like this: First make sure you have a good thesis statement. Then figure out how your argument will flow, what points you want to touch on and discuss. Each point is a paragraph usually. Then figure out what bits of supporting evidence, statistics, references etc. will go best with each point.

And try not to think of it as an essay. Try to get in the mindset that you're actually here to present a counter-argument to this other chump and you're going to show him what-for. Try and find ways to refute or counter -his- points that -he- makes; this might go best after you make all of your own points as long as you don't repeat yourself. That will help lengthen (and strengthen!) your essay.

Sweet Jesus on a bun, it's almost 2:00. I gotta go to bed or boss will summarily execute me for showing up tired. Good luck! I'll be around tomorrow evening.

Thank you Brian. I did feel very accomplish with this rough draft, but then when I got my paper back on Tuesday, my joy turn to sorrow. My paper were quote "not passing", so i don't know if "feel good" is real or fake anyway.

I'm going to call it a day, and go to sleep. Just letting you know it case your wondering why I haven't post for a while. Then back on the bus to my school again tomorrow. It like I waste a whole Thanks-giving break without getting any work done.

Chris 2 said:
Even so, I feel so lazy, I mean I had last Tuesday, which is more than a week for an essay, and I just been procrastinating. It so hard when your like depress and also at the same time scare to go back to school. Then I have another writing class after this, and if I don't pass that before this year end, I can't no longer be a student there anymore. So much work, fear, and stress all at the same time. I wish I could slow down time or reverse it altogether.

I procrastinate all the time, I think it is one of my worst habits, and I hate myself for doing it. I try not to do it, but I always find myself getting distracted or just putting work off till the night before it is due. I have to give a 10 minute presentation in English class on wednesday, and I have only just begun preparing for it. The teacher told us about it two weeks ago. Good luck with your essay man.

work on the draft

i know how you feel

get food lock yourr room take off msn and work on it

ex out this browser now.

jales said:
work on the draft

i know how you feel

get food lock yourr room take off msn and work on it

ex out this browser now.

lol good advices...Well I am tire now, just wrote 5 pages worth all in one day. **** if only my Laptop didn't run out of battery on the greyhound, I could have got another 2 hours left off it.:(

Brian said:
How's it coming, Chris? Do you feel like it's better than your last draft?

I just show him today (my teacher), he said it was not passing. So I had to write another paper and this time I feel like I actually engage the text and use my own argument against Huntington. I spent 4 hours on it at 4pm just finish at 8pm, and I'm done with it, just sending to my Teacher right now, and hopefully he'll say that I'm passing since the Essay is not due until Thursday.

Chris 2 said:
I just show him today (my teacher), he said it was not passing. So I had to write another paper and this time I feel like I actually engage the text and use my own argument against Huntington. I spent 4 hours on it at 4pm just finish at 8pm, and I'm done with it, just sending to my Teacher right now, and hopefully he'll say that I'm passing since the Essay is not due until Thursday.

There we go :) When you get that feeling, you're doing -something- right. I'm sure you noticed a difference between feeling that way and just 'writing an essay'. Mine usually start out a bit choppy until I get going on them...once I feel like I'm in the groove and actually discussing something, it's quite noticeably better.

Hopefully that'll be good enough for him and you can get on to revising and proofreading! Did he give you any advice on the last one you turned in? Does he give advice at all? My English teacher this quarter was really cool about telling people -how- to improve their essay.

Let me know if you want help proof reading or possibly revising.

Say, Chris, have you considered approaching your classmates for a peer review? Do you do those anyway in your class? In my English class we did peer reviews in groups on every essay. It wound up being one of the reasons the class was actually a real joy for me. If you can get the courage to approach a suitable peer for such a favor, that could be a way to make a friend. :)

Chris 2 said:
Well my thesis is arguing against Huntington that Mexicans illegal immigrants will be able to learn and speak English by the later generation. And the paper is due Thursday. I'm a horrible writer btw

When i get stuck on my college stuff, I add lots of legislation and quote policies that are approriate to the course im doing.
For your purposes you could use the legislation on immigrants and such (stating where you got the info from i.e source of from internut or book,giving credit to which one) as often that can help build up evidence of you researching and having resorces and knowing legal stuff.
You could also check out resorces on how English is taught to those whos 1st language is not English and how that can be processed into further generation. Use diagrams or examples and include them in your points direction.
It will also take the pressure off, as alot of legislation has other points that you can more or less make a whole articule out of.
Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back