I'm gonna put it out there...Gamers?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohemgeebees said:
VictoryNotVengeance said:
ohemgeebees said:
Well any really! I just though it would be good to have a thread to chat about it. When ever it gets a bit much, talking about something random helps me so...here it is.

I like MMORPGS and RPGS mostly (SO Final Fantasy Games, Resident Evil, Skyrim, Warcraft, Minecrat etc)

But there are others that i like too ranging from Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill to games like any of the Lego Series.

ANY games you like, lets get chatting about it.

You named a ton of my favorites besides WoW. I'm currently impatiently waiting for Diablo 3

Haha Diablo 3! Ach now that's on my list of waiting for...Damnit. I'm currently waiting very impatiently for the new Metal Gear SOlid and the new Silent Hill. Stupid companies waiting till the end of the year.

They always wait until the end of the year for all the extra christmas sales :(
At least I'll have Mass Effect 3 in March :D

Oooo god yeh I forgot about that. I have it sitting on pre-order. IT SHALL BE MINE Lol. I'm kinda glad it's not out till march or the end of the year though for the others. I have work to do before then, should reeeally crack on with it XD

ohemgeebees said:
Oooo god yeh I forgot about that. I have it sitting on pre-order. IT SHALL BE MINE Lol. I'm kinda glad it's not out till march or the end of the year though for the others. I have work to do before then, should reeeally crack on with it XD

I used to play DII constantly. I pre-ordered the D3: Collector's Edition. It's going to be so worth it with everything it comes with for $100. Would have bought the Skyrim CE but it was way overpriced for such little stuff in it. I am a big fan of Bethesda's games.

I also pre-ordered the new Hitman as well as Silent Hill: Downpour. Both look like they will be amazing. In terms of my favorite games? Final Fantasy VII, Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Dragoon, Zelda series among a ton of other old school RPGs. Also a big RE fan.

Thanks Pezza for the comment (I own lots of X360 games as well, the furniture where I store it is overflowing LOL).

@Antihero, years ago I used to play Civ IV from night to morning. I remember days where I'd look out the window and say "Wow, it's morning!"

I also enjoyed playing Age of Empires as a kid.

Another favorite Strategy game of mine is Empire: Total War (modding it is the best part!).

@Victory ARGH Final Fantasy VII is one of the greatest games ever. The final fantasy series literally blow my mind. Again, not 10 or 10-2 though, Tidus bugs me and the plot is weird XD.

I am SO excited for Silent Hill Downpour. The Silent Hill games are some of the best Horror games ever.

I love gaming I just started wow again from scratch. If anyone plays I need a server and someone to play with would be fun

This new Final Fantasy game isn't that captivating. The only thing I've ever liked about FF games is how they do hair. They've mastered hair in video games, in my opinion.

Oh! Oh! I got invited to the Super Monday Night Combat (sequel to Monday Night Combat) Beta!
It's AWESOME!
Anyone here played it (or the prequel)?

@oemgeebees & Vanilla - The Final Fantasy series already died for me after FFIX. I have no want to play the newer ones. They have changed it so much. They heavily changed the turn based battle system which I loved as well as took out the staple victory theme after battles (save FF12's little rendition of it).

I did play FFX and FFX-2 and both were completely horrible and hard to follow. Tidus is probably one of the most annoying main characters I have ever seen in a FF title besides next to Squall, but Squall actually had some likable features. FFX-2 was just fan-service mostly for people who liked FFX's females.

I play a lot of video games, perhaps too many. I play a lot of ps3 games right now, but i own a ton of older consoles. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are probably my favorite games of this generation. I have been playing Rayman Origins too and am loving that.

We play PS3 more too. Not for a sake of the console war though. It's just what we use more. My Xbox is sitting here, but I'd like to get my PS3 as well to start playing GT5 more. But I need the save on my own PS3.

VictoryNotVengeance said:
@oemgeebees & Vanilla - The Final Fantasy series already died for me after FFIX. I have no want to play the newer ones. They have changed it so much. They heavily changed the turn based battle system which I loved as well as took out the staple victory theme after battles (save FF12's little rendition of it).

I did play FFX and FFX-2 and both were completely horrible and hard to follow. Tidus is probably one of the most annoying main characters I have ever seen in a FF title besides next to Squall, but Squall actually had some likable features. FFX-2 was just fan-service mostly for people who liked FFX's females.

Could not agree more. If nothing else I stuck with the Sony systems for so long due to the FF franchise, but now I don't even pay attention to upcoming news on them.

I keep getting the urge to go back to WoW.

Lately I've been playing FTL. It's a sci-fi space sim where you control a ship that's going through enemy star systems in an attempt to deliver vital information to the Federation while being closely pursued by the entire Rebel fleet. You have to fight pirates, make contact with alien races, and shunt power between different ship systems a la Star Trek ("Draw power from the engines to get our shields back up to full power or we'll never make it out alive!"). And it's perma-death: so once your ship dies you have to start from the beginning.

In my last playthrough the following happened: everything was going pretty well until we jumped into a system with a star going supernova and sending out deadly solar pulses. At the same time a group of pirates teleported onto our ship - right inside the shield room, where they started sabotaging anything they could get their hands on. My crew rushed to engage them but they had already disabled the shields and the solar flares were starting fires all over the ship, including in the room housing the environmental subsystems - if we didn't repair them soon we'd run out of oxygen. We managed to repel the boarders but the crew were all badly injured, fires were raging throughout the ship, the FTL drive wasn't charged so we couldn't escape, and we were running out of oxygen. The pilot was in the cockpit, charging up the drives in a desperate bid to jump to the next sector before the the solar flares tore apart the ship. She managed it at the last second - but not before every other crew member had perished valiantly trying to put out the flames. When we got to the next sector we were safe - but the ship was almost completely out of oxygen. My poor pilot asphyxiated in a last ditch attempt to repair the environmental controls and restore oxygen to the ship.

I'm really enjoying the game!

Recently finished Halo 4 and CoD:Black Ops 2 single player campaigns (Xbox). Have to say that the BO2 campaign was rather dull. I turned down the sound or pressed mute in most of the cut scenes. The multiplayer is OK, although I don't play that often. Mostly on weekends. Gets a bit dull when everyone else seems to be in teams and clans with friends. I long for a good RPG, like Skyrim ....

Also have a PS3, but I can't even remember the last game I played on that. Use it mostly for watching Blu-Ray and DVDs in my bedroom. Also have a Wii, but that only gets used now when my nephews are visiting.

Gave up PC gaming a long time ago. It was all too expensive to keep up with the latest upgrades to make the games work. Switched to a MAC in the middle of this year when I got sick of forking out extra $$$ each year to protect it. Minecraft intrigues me, but I haven't seen enough yet to convince me to hand over money for it. I would like a good game to play on the MAC though.

ajdass1 said:
I keep getting the urge to go back to WoW.

Lately I've been playing FTL. It's a sci-fi space sim where you control a ship that's going through enemy star systems in an attempt to deliver vital information to the Federation while being closely pursued by the entire Rebel fleet. You have to fight pirates, make contact with alien races, and shunt power between different ship systems a la Star Trek ("Draw power from the engines to get our shields back up to full power or we'll never make it out alive!"). And it's perma-death: so once your ship dies you have to start from the beginning.

In my last playthrough the following happened: everything was going pretty well until we jumped into a system with a star going supernova and sending out deadly solar pulses. At the same time a group of pirates teleported onto our ship - right inside the shield room, where they started sabotaging anything they could get their hands on. My crew rushed to engage them but they had already disabled the shields and the solar flares were starting fires all over the ship, including in the room housing the environmental subsystems - if we didn't repair them soon we'd run out of oxygen. We managed to repel the boarders but the crew were all badly injured, fires were raging throughout the ship, the FTL drive wasn't charged so we couldn't escape, and we were running out of oxygen. The pilot was in the cockpit, charging up the drives in a desperate bid to jump to the next sector before the the solar flares tore apart the ship. She managed it at the last second - but not before every other crew member had perished valiantly trying to put out the flames. When we got to the next sector we were safe - but the ship was almost completely out of oxygen. My poor pilot asphyxiated in a last ditch attempt to repair the environmental controls and restore oxygen to the ship.

I'm really enjoying the game!

****, after that description I gotta go play FTL again ._.
The scenario you described is why I like to have at least one Rock crewmember on board, they can fix a room on fire with no problems.

Latest posts

Back