I'm in lonely! I'm in lonely and I don't care who knows it! : P

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylor

Reaction score
*It's kinda long if ya wish you may read the last paragraph. I'll summarize there hehe...

Hey everyone! Name's Tyler. Bit about myself. 21 years old, Canadian, brown hair, blue eyes. I like gaming, friends, family, and discussing philosophy. Average Joe I suppose haha. Never really joined a forum before so unsure how much I'll use this one... But the idea of it struck a chord with me. Seems like a good place for people to open up and be honest about how they're feeling without fear of reprisal which is kinda cool!

I honestly never considered myself to be a lonely person (even now it feels like an admission of guilt rather than simply admitting I'm human and have feelings lol). But lately it's just been something that's really been getting to my head. I have really awesome friends in real life and love my family, but in spite of all the fulfilling relationships I have, something still feels lacking. I'm usually pretty shy around people when I first get to know them, but after enough time talking/hanging out with someone I get comfortable fairly quick and usually take a liking to most people. And most people I know say I'm a pretty likable guy. I'm respectful of others and like to make people laugh whenever I can (I think it's life's best medicine)...

Even just typing it out feels weird. It's so unlike my character or at least the character people know. But I guess I just wanted to say it in any form and know that another human heard my admission. That sometimes I just get sick of always holding up face value. I don't want to burden anybody with my problems but bottling up all my emotions is only going to cause more harm than good. I like to give off the impression that I'm confident and out going and not really afraid of things but the truth is I'm afraid of so many things it's just ridiculous. Ooh boy this is getting long... I could write an essay but I'll keep it point format :p

I guess I just wanted to say it. In any form. Without feeling like I'm just burdening a friend with my problems. That I feel alone at times. Even in the midst of people. I've only had one "relationship" in grade 12 for 3 months. Liked another girl who didn't like me back after grad. I think that my grasp of what a 'good' relationship should look like has grown from both experiences; however, the past few years I just have completely ignored the idea of dating and relationships... probably out of fear or just not wanting the emotional roller coaster that can come with it. I'm rambling again. Okay if you got this far, thank you so much for reading. It means a lot.

* Okay, cliff notes : P I'm Canadian, 21, love gaming, family, friends. El Bachelor with an astonishing 3 months of relationship experience under my belt! I've felt really lonely at times in spite of being surrounded by people. Feels like I'm wearing a happy go lucky mask that gets heavy at times. There have been enough moments of me googling "I'm lonely" just trying to assure myself that it's okay and perfectly normal to feel this way. Stumbled across this site, read some posts, sounded like nice people reside here so I decided to create an account and actually find a place to be totally forward about what I feel. I've wanted to reach out to online communities in the past but never felt like venting and talking about my loneliness would be appreciated in random chat rooms or gaming lobbies... this place seems like a great place to do so! So... hi! :) Pleased to meet you all! Once I've hashed out enough of my own emotional innards on this forum I hope I can offer encouragement and words of re-assurance to others as well!

Thanks for the welcome guys! : ) Means a lot! By the way think it's a really great thing what you guys are doing by running this site. I'm sure it'll help a lot of people! :J

Tylor said:
*It's kinda long if ya wish you may read the last paragraph. I'll summarize there hehe...

Hey everyone! Name's Tyler. Bit about myself. 21 years old, Canadian, brown hair, blue eyes. I like gaming, friends, family, and discussing philosophy. Average Joe I suppose haha. Never really joined a forum before so unsure how much I'll use this one... But the idea of it struck a chord with me. Seems like a good place for people to open up and be honest about how they're feeling without fear of reprisal which is kinda cool!

I honestly never considered myself to be a lonely person (even now it feels like an admission of guilt rather than simply admitting I'm human and have feelings lol). But lately it's just been something that's really been getting to my head. I have really awesome friends in real life and love my family, but in spite of all the fulfilling relationships I have, something still feels lacking. I'm usually pretty shy around people when I first get to know them, but after enough time talking/hanging out with someone I get comfortable fairly quick and usually take a liking to most people. And most people I know say I'm a pretty likable guy. I'm respectful of others and like to make people laugh whenever I can (I think it's life's best medicine)...

Even just typing it out feels weird. It's so unlike my character or at least the character people know. But I guess I just wanted to say it in any form and know that another human heard my admission. That sometimes I just get sick of always holding up face value. I don't want to burden anybody with my problems but bottling up all my emotions is only going to cause more harm than good. I like to give off the impression that I'm confident and out going and not really afraid of things but the truth is I'm afraid of so many things it's just ridiculous. Ooh boy this is getting long... I could write an essay but I'll keep it point format :p

I guess I just wanted to say it. In any form. Without feeling like I'm just burdening a friend with my problems. That I feel alone at times. Even in the midst of people. I've only had one "relationship" in grade 12 for 3 months. Liked another girl who didn't like me back after grad. I think that my grasp of what a 'good' relationship should look like has grown from both experiences; however, the past few years I just have completely ignored the idea of dating and relationships... probably out of fear or just not wanting the emotional roller coaster that can come with it. I'm rambling again. Okay if you got this far, thank you so much for reading. It means a lot.

* Okay, cliff notes : P I'm Canadian, 21, love gaming, family, friends. El Bachelor with an astonishing 3 months of relationship experience under my belt! I've felt really lonely at times in spite of being surrounded by people. Feels like I'm wearing a happy go lucky mask that gets heavy at times. There have been enough moments of me googling "I'm lonely" just trying to assure myself that it's okay and perfectly normal to feel this way. Stumbled across this site, read some posts, sounded like nice people reside here so I decided to create an account and actually find a place to be totally forward about what I feel. I've wanted to reach out to online communities in the past but never felt like venting and talking about my loneliness would be appreciated in random chat rooms or gaming lobbies... this place seems like a great place to do so! So... hi! :) Pleased to meet you all! Once I've hashed out enough of my own emotional innards on this forum I hope I can offer encouragement and words of re-assurance to others as well!

beetrootsoup said:
Tylor said:

You're a cool guy Tyler. Glad to 'meet' you. Hope you enjoy it here.

Latest posts

Back