I'm New :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKullyScorp

Reaction score
Hey all,
Not really sure what to put here, but I've been bored out of my mind for the past week (I'm moving soon so everything keeping me entertained is packed away :()

Anyway, my name is Ian, I'm 21, live in Nottingham and I run an online music e-zine, as part of that I write and take photos, I've worked with some amazing bands and people, but the job sucks for making friends - You work alone or in pairs at best and are just rushing around most of the time...

Anyway, I'm happy to chat to anyone, and would love to make some new friends :)

Ian

Hey Ian, that sounds very interesting :) which site is it if I may ask?

Welcome by the way.

Polar said:

Welcome by the way.

www.scorpio-promotions.com - Not very often I get to plug the site shamelessly :)

Oh and excuse the lack of updates on it, its due to the move (and no-one else who writes for me doing their jobs!)

SKullyScorp said:
Polar said:

Welcome by the way.

www.scorpio-promotions.com - Not very often I get to plug the site shamelessly :)

Oh and excuse the lack of updates on it, its due to the move (and no-one else who writes for me doing their jobs!)

Yeah, I lured you into posting the link so you would get instant banned for the shameless advertising! Nah, you're safe as long as the site is of relevance to yourself.. at least I think you are...if not.. I'm sorry in advance for getting you banned ;)

Anyways lovely site :) though bit confusing front page there. They are really my type of bands as well, so you've just made yourself a fan!

lol cheers (unless you got me banned in which case GRRRR) We might change the site front page soon tbh, we've had it 3 years and maybe the new year would be a good reason for me to give the extra work out :)

What bands is it that you like? We might have some random stuff around that I can get sent out to ya :)

I noticed "Parkway Drive" on the site's banner. And found "Our People Versus Yours" on the unsigned section. And holy f-... A band named "Polar" ... I don't know those... but finding them just had to be fate... listening to them as I write!

I'm really into all sorts of alternative music. Not sure if you know the purevolume site, but in the past I used that site to get to know all sorts of new little bands.

Ah yeah, Carrie-Anne (CA) runs the unsigned section now, so that actually is still pretty up-to-date (shes 1 of the writers that actually keeps up lol), And yeah I know purevol, never really used it myself but I'll have to start, I love hearing smaller bands (1 reason I love the site)

Oh 1 thing you might be able to answer, I've just made a new msn and my contacts list is looking so empty, are we aloud to post our addys? and is there a thread for them anywhere?

EDIT: Just found the networking section :)

SKullyScorp said:
Ah yeah, Carrie-Anne (CA) runs the unsigned section now, so that actually is still pretty up-to-date (shes 1 of the writers that actually keeps up lol), And yeah I know purevol, never really used it myself but I'll have to start, I love hearing smaller bands (1 reason I love the site)

Oh 1 thing you might be able to answer, I've just made a new msn and my contacts list is looking so empty, are we aloud to post our addys? and is there a thread for them anywhere?

EDIT: Just found the networking section :)

I think it's allowed but not advised. There are a lot of people here, even more lurking, you might get unwanted attention. Share your address at own risk ;)
I'd use PM's to give through personal information, unless you don't mind being added by whoever :)

http://www.wolfatyourdoor.com/ , Go Polar go...:cool:

Yeah think I'll stick to PM's ah I've spoken to that label a fair bit - I actually booked for Deaf Havana back in the early days :)

SKullyScorp said:
Yeah think I'll stick to PM's ah I've spoken to that label a fair bit - I actually booked for Deaf Havana back in the early days :)

A-we-some. Absolutely love them. How did you get into the music bus anyway?

tbh, by blagging and family conections lol, A friend at school when I was 13 was in a band and had heard me bragging about how I knew people at the local big rock club... He kinda said shut up or get us (his band) a gig their... I spoke to my cousin who'd played there before, he sent me the owners email and the owner gave them a support slot :p it did make me look epic at school lol.

As for moving into the journo work, to be honest it was blagging and luck, I wanted tickets to a gig that was sold out (Bowling For Soup) decided as I had a site, and my sis used to work for NME that I'd try a huge blag and emailed the support, they put us on the guestlist and gave us an interview... Then Jaret (BFS) emailed me and we got an interview from bowling :) ever since then we've not really been turned down from many...

Life story over :)

As for moving into the journo work, to be honest it was blagging and luck, I wanted tickets to a gig that was sold out (Bowling For Soup) decided as I had a site, and my sis used to work for NME that I'd try a huge blag and emailed the support, they put us on the guestlist and gave us an interview... Then Jaret (BFS) emailed me and we got an interview from bowling Smile ever since then we've not really been turned down from many...

Hahaha. I currently don't have my own site but I have plenty of webdesigning experience. If it can get me free gigs I totally need to put one up like right now. Must've felt great at the time to get an interview from BFS lols... I bet you were like "Wait, what...I just wanted the ticket but I actually got an interview O_O"

yeah n Jaret was so nice lol, I have met a few dicks in my time tho but mostly their nice, they seem to have got nicer now we're quite respected - we get like 100,000 uni hits a week so bands want us to be nice to them :)

Altho if you start a zine u'd be my competitor *GRAWLS* :) I mean, I'm happy to help you in anyway I can :)

No worries lol. I'm actually running a webproject with a friend as I speak but it's got little to do with music so you got nothing to worry about :p (No less than you would have to worry if it really was a zine...). The dream is to turn it into a way of making a living as well. But the back-end of it is highly complex so it can't be made with just wordpress or some other webcontent managing system. Will be tricky to haul in the necessary revenue as well, but I'm willing to take on the challenge of matching your weekly 100.000 unique clicks... in time ;)

Anyway, I'm off to bed, was nice meeting you Ian :)

yeah im heading off shortly too, Good luck with your project, and If you ever need a hand or anything just shoot me a msg or email :) [email protected] <-- thats my email and msn but as its on the site I gave out I'm not too fussed about putting it in the thread :)

Right is good, will add you on msn. If you got music coming your way that is OMGTHISISEPICBBQSAUCE-like, fill me in! :)

Latest posts

Back