Imaginary Girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

no-life

Do you think is okay or safe?

I mean while I'm watching people t.v. (mostly reality shows)
I'll see different situations and imagine being in those
situations. I imagine what I would say and the things I
would do in those situations.

I do this for hours on end.

I even caught myself doing this in public a few times.
I wasn't talking out loud or making any strange movements
or anything like that, but I started mumbling to myself a few
times. I stop myself each time and I don't think anyone
saw me.

Should I try and stop this before it gets out of hand?

I would say its OK to day dream. I mean this is how we fined out what we wont in life. Just as long as its not stopping you from getting on in life and its not interrupting work/school act I don't see the harm.

Welcome here BTW

If it helps You feel better, that's all that matters. I imagine being with someone alot too, from in situations as basic as grocery-shopping to more complex one's like shouting to each-other during a mountain-climbing to keep track of each-other, and making love. Mine's not made up though. Try not to do this on a potential date or the like though, or You might loose a real girlfriend for that made-up one, and that's not something i'd recommend! ;)

Sounds okay to me. I spend all day talking to myself...or is that a bit weird...sorry...comes with the nature of the job that I do.

*** I imagine what I would say and the things I
would do in those situations.****

Hi Life :)
Believe it or not you really have a great tool there :) I've heard of people rehearsing things and imagining what they would say if__?

It's a good thing to do before speeches. As far as you finding yourself doing it, I think you may have just gotten into a habit...lol

no-life said:
Should I try and stop this before it gets out of hand?

If you feel that it is getting out of hand.

Otherwise some suggest visualizing yourself engaging in a social situation, claiming that it can help you handle real-life social situation. Which seems to be pretty much what you are describing.

I find that taking your lifesize blow-up doll around with you like it's a normal person is just the right, socially acceptable way to have your "imaginary girlfriend".

I figure it's fine as long as you don't pass up something good and real when it comes along cos it's not so perfect as the dream...at least that's what I tell Anushka, my pillow-Girl-friend :)

i think when i was abotu 16 i had an imaginary boyfriend *___* to overcome my
lonelyness of being the only single girl in my school...i still think i am...

I think it is alright to have an imaginary girlfriend or boyfriend.

But take note that it is OK if you talk to "her", but...you know you should "stop" when "she" starts talking to you back. If you know what I mean.
( ^_^)v

Oh gee, I always had tons of imaginary friends (still have by the way). Way to compensate for their lack in real life :D

Imaginary girlfriends are fine as long as they stay confined to the realm of Fantasy.

Because, its way worse to have an imaginary relationship with an imaginary girlfriend that actually exists in flesh and blood.
That's what happened to me.

My ex just kept me in her head, took me for granted, and replaced the real me with the version she had in her head :S

That's classic honeysuckle; I was replaced by an imaginary version of me. Apparently, I'm better when I'm not really there...

:(

You should see the movie "Simone," sorta kinda maybe somewhat connected to imaginary girlfriend.

Simone (Rachael Roberts) is my fantasy girlfriend except she exisit :X

eviloreo said:
You should see the movie "Simone," sorta kinda maybe somewhat connected to imaginary girlfriend.

Simone (Rachael Roberts) is my fantasy girlfriend except she exisit :X

I saw that movie :p

I don't have that many permanent imaginary friends, but I do run through a lot of conversations in my mind. Like, making up conversations and thinking what I would say in certain situations. It's actually good practice and can help you make better decisions in what to say when you do have a real conversation with a real person.

its ok jus dont get to far into it. I dream about love and turns into a nightmare. I wake up at like 7am or less making coffee smoking ciggs trying to get it together. Lotsd of trauma in my young life...sometimes im afraid ill die b4 i got a chance to love

SleepyKid said:
i think when i was abotu 16 i had an imaginary boyfriend *___* to overcome my
lonelyness of being the only single girl in my school...i still think i am...

Hehe same here only i change it in girlfriend...loneliness makes me tired and because i dont have many friends this is a way u still feel a little love for me..

Latest posts

Back