Impatient drivers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ovid

Reaction score
Just a rant about my day...

I was heading to work this morning, driving to the train station park-and-ride as usual. I was driving at 60km/h (the speed limit on the road I live on), and some women comes to within 1 metre behind my car, tailgating me. Needless to say I soon became very frustrated, but I didn't speed up.

... She then proceeds to over-take me ...

On a two-way single lane either-side road, with bold double white lines in the middle (indicating you are not allowed to over-take), on a downward hill, with on-coming traffic.

So she sees the oncoming car... Panics... Then tries to violently swerve back into my lane in front of me. Forcing me to brake heavily...

At this point I was very angry. She risked my life, and others, for what? to be 16 seconds earlier at her destination?

This made me very stressed before work, and I already have enough stress! Argh!

The amount of risk that some people are willing to subject others to, in order that they can save a few seconds, has frequently puzzled me. Around here mornings seem to be the worst. It is like they feel that they can sleep a little longer and then make up that time on their drive to work by blowing through traffic like it wasn't there.

I hate slow drivers. -_- There's nothing more annoying than chugging along behind someone going 45 mph on a 65 mph highway. I have too many things to do to go that slow! I can't afford to waste those precious seconds of my life in traffic! :D

----Steve

Oh trust me. I would have hit her as hard as i could and would have taken it from her insurance especially since its an area where you cant overtake.

Similar stuff happens here, people cross the roads like honeysuckle where there are subways, I have no idea why dont they just use the subways, maybe they think its long. There arent any traffic signals there since its subway lol. I dont stop my car or bike usually. I just horn and accelerate.

Haha yeah I guess I can't complain too much. At least here in America we (more or less) obey traffic signals. ;):p

----Steve

Step 1: Get tailgated by a moron

Step 2: Slam on the brakes. Stomp that pedal.

Step 3: Rear-end collision

Step 4A: Win thousands in medical lawsuit because of your 'sore neck' and emotional damage

Step 4B: No lawsuit, but get a new car from other driver's insurance.

Step 5: Other driver gets hefty ticket and fines and an increase in insurance cost.

Step 6: Joyous celebration of victory

Sanal said:
Oh trust me. I would have hit her as hard as i could and would have taken it from her insurance especially since its an area where you cant overtake.

Similar stuff happens here, people cross the roads like honeysuckle where there are subways, I have no idea why dont they just use the subways, maybe they think its long. There arent any traffic signals there since its subway lol. I dont stop my car or bike usually. I just horn and accelerate.

Yikes. Someone is a scary driver o_o. Glad I dont live in India near you :p

Impatient drivers cause wrecks. end story.

just imagine theyre going to the hospital. even if theres no hospitals around... theyre going to the hospital. then you cant hate them.

Haha everyone in asia is a crazy driver, Sophia.

The Middle East, too. :p

Brian: GOD, I think about doing that all of the time when some moron is riding my butt. I even play a percussion solo on the brakes to warn them, but I never just slam 'em down. I wish I had the balls to actually do it, but I'm too chicken. I'd probably die in the attempt. ^_^

----Steve

Also, dont forget: If it's a low speed collision, it is IMPERATIVE, once you are stopped and the vehicle is in park, that you fall out of your door on to the ground and roll around in pain. Scream to attract attention (and sympathetic witnesses) to your cause. O, the humanity! O, the tingling in your toes! You may never walk again! What will your children do when you have to retire on disability?! That MONSTER!!

Following these instructions, you will take this guy to court. And you will fresia him like a prison *****.

Hahaha lol I'll keep that in mind. Let's just hope the defendant's lawyer never finds this thread.

----Steve

Brian said:
Also, dont forget: If it's a low speed collision, it is IMPERATIVE, once you are stopped and the vehicle is in park, that you fall out of your door on to the ground and roll around in pain. Scream to attract attention (and sympathetic witnesses) to your cause. O, the humanity! O, the tingling in your toes! You may never walk again! What will your children do when you have to retire on disability?! That MONSTER!!

Following these instructions, you will take this guy to court. And you will fresia him like a prison *****.

Hahaha, I could picture every detailed step of that sequence...

Latest posts

Back