Initiating Conversations with Friends and Reciprocality

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

So, if you were to initiate a conversation with someone 100% of the time, would you begin to wonder if the person liked you as a friend?

Not really.

Sometimes I have conversations with people while in the checkout line. That doesn't mean I like them. It doesn't mean I want to see them ever again. I'm just talking because I'm bored and I like to talk to people. lol

Well in this situation it is someone I text every few days. They grew up alone, the oldest of all thei siblings, with no parents. So they raised their siblings alone, from the age of 12. Now they have abandonment issues like...they feel as though they are worthless and that people will just leave them.

So they *are* socially awkward, and its not like a person you see once and then leave like a checkout line.

absolutely

I have experienced this (combined with another form of horror that points to the same kind of conclusion) from someone recently. It stung a great deal, and I'm still coming to grips with it. I suppose I've been growing stronger as a result of it. I stopped initiating contact. Since then, I've had to try keeping my thoughts of this person in check. Needless to say, it has been tough. When an old, positive impression is replaced by an unpleasant one and there seems to be ZERO effort to clarify or undo, it is going to be tough to keep the angry thoughts away. I don't want to be angry or bitter. I don't want to be hateful or resentful. I don't even want to feel there's no chance of us getting on the right track. Sometimes I have positive conversations with this person in my head, and I think that helps to eradicate the bitter feelings. However, I don't believe it would be wise to think this person will come around. And I feel that the more time passes, the more difficult it would be to mend our relationship in the future. So, what I thought was a common interest between us in an endeavor to build a strong friendship has become a step down from a shallow, yet positive acquaintanceship we once had.

Well yeah man..if a chicks comes up to me and rub her titays on me all me all the time
I would think she's kindda friendly...@ the very least it was a friendly titay rub. :)

Ive been making a piont to say hello to strangers more...
I know, I'm spoil cause i ma chick magnet and the pretty ones always talk to me.
so I wont really sweat it if all the chicks or people dont say hello to me.
Im good at responding or building repore when women makes contact with me.
Thats why I like the blond air head bombo types...this way I dont have to get
all ******* serious or get into deep conversations with them.LMAO

Actaully Im a good listen her...becuase Im relax. She'll start talking or crack
jokes about herself. She'll say " hey have you ever did this or that"
I'll just replay " well yeah... I do it all the time that's harilous honeysuckle"
Then she'll laugh...." just joking I never did that" hahahahaaaaa
Total ice breakers.

Being a good listeners works well for me..becuase women loves to talk.
I'm building repoare with her. Talking her conversations.
Plus I less i talk...the less chances I'll make a mistake.
It depends on the woman...she'll keep on talking and I'll build repore with
her..She'll either say she has to leave. Then Im really quit @ blurring
"LET ME YOU HAVE YOUR NUMBER"...
Sometimes the woman will actaully ask me for my number.

Other times she's not bussied...she'll ask me Im bussied.
Then I'm rerally quick at blurring out"ya wanna go hang out at so and so" LOL
Then we go from there..

It also depends on the woman...some woman get all touchy with me right
of the bat. Making body contacts with me..tapping my arms or tapping my shoulders...etc.
Or she'll make an excuse to tough me..such as fixing my hair. saying i hair is slightly
out of place.LOL
I the fresia would I know. i dont carry a mirror around.

Other women I'll have to tap her arms..or make an excuse to play with her hand.

We just go from there.
Some women will wait 3-4 get together before they take me home.
Other women take me home with them the first night.

err..yeah man. ihis is totally sifferent than me...giving a hot waitress completements all day.
making her blush evertime she comes an serve me...or having a chit chat with the check out
girl..Asking her how her day is and telling her to have a nice day.

I'm in a totally different settings when women come on to me.

I don't have this problem, I'm usually the one people initiate conversation with. I hope people don't think that of me...it's just my shyness and social awkwardness kicking in. Sometimes I'm afraid to start conversations with people because I don't think they want to talk to me. :/

I would, but I would shrug it off. If the person wants to leave, he should.
That's a new opinion I created more or less today, though.

I'm going to be silly for a second and do a post-mash-up which tells you how I feel:

Sci-Fi said:
nerdygirl said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Well yeah man..if a chicks comes up to me and rub her titays on me all me all the time
I would think she's kindda friendly...@ the very least it was a friendly titay rub. :)
Soph, the problem here is that you are not rubbing your titays on her all time.
I don't have this problem

:p

Okay, anyways, what sci fi said (well, the rest of what he said), i am wondering if it is just her shyness and social awkwardness.

But, i do remember this guy online who would IM me every time I would log onto my msn. It annoyed me. I asked him if he had nothing else to do and he responded that he did but that none of his other friends were online. rather than confront him and hurt his feelings, i blocked him. He made me feel claustrophobic. I do think he was depressed and a bit clingy.

So i'm superimposing my own feelings from my past onto this friendship.

Wait... If I'm the one to initiate the conversation every time we talk, I would begin to think something was a little wrong... But it's not only the initiation that matters, but also the entire conversation.

But just like BJD, I also have random conversations with people in public places when I'm bored. As long as I can find something to make a witty/stupid comment about. C:

No. However, if they never wanted to start talking, I don't think I'd care to talk to them. I don't get why people think so much about who starts the conversation though.

Pheenix said:
I would, but I would shrug it off. If the person wants to leave, he should.
That's a new opinion I created more or less today, though.

Sounds like a good one :)

It could be Sohp...only you yourself knows how you feel.

But's very hard to tell with people on line becuase of scammers....
Did you know there's people from South Africa running all kinds
of internet scams? It actaully happened to me twice.
The first time it happen..I thought it was kind of fishie..I follow my gut
and bounce it off of other people.

The second time it happened...I actaully got the scammer back.
I kept telling him I sent him money everyday for like 3 days.LMAO
Bascailly he went down to the bank everytime i told him I sent
money. :p
People on from this forum knew too.lol
Yeah when they start asking for money..it's a major red flag

It also when I gave up the idea or i found it safer to go face to face.
It was like a transition process for me...
Becuase after that My Ex-Wf contacted me. We firsted started talking
on line...but eventaully it got to She and I was talking on the phone
all night...I can actaully hear her vioce..Plus I squeezed her titays plenty already.lmao
Never the less i still had to build repore with her.
It was actaullty a lot harder in a way becuase we had to talk about a lot of unfinsihed business.
A lot of hurted feelings still lingered between us.
For what it was worth...Michelle actaully fell in love again.
She actaully felt sexy as a woman again.
I guess her marriage got to the piont of where her husband didnt make her feel sexy
as a woman or she stopped falling in love decades ago.
Never the less she ripped my heart out just the same.
At least i know...women falls in love with me.LOL

I bascailly did the samething recently.
I had a lot of emotional baggages when I got involved with Jennifer.
As soon as i got back to California after Renae and I went separate
way. I ran into Jennifer within hours. I was on a rebound...but also
at the sametime there was levels of miss trust I had.
Jennifer didnt do anything for me to not trust her.
Plus the emotional baggages i had or have. Reane was on my mind
lots when I was living with Jennifer.

Jennifer didnt rub her titays on me until after.lol
What she did do was rub her arms against mine.
Jennifer is the pretties girl in the group as always...
But it's neither here or there. There's other couples that arnt as shollow as us.lmao
Jennifer's BOOBS are just as big as Renae's.
So God blessed me with woman with big ass titays oneway or the other.
I was really broken hearted when Jennifer came into my life. She came into my life when
I really needed her. As always...I never planned on meeting Jennifer. i just ran into her.
We hitted it off right off the bat. We werent close close at first...but over time we got closer.
Jennifer fell in love with me. Her mom told her ...that she could see it in her eyes that she was
in love with me.

But as you know Renae stole my heart. I fell into love with Renae the moment i saw her.
Even when Renae and i first started talking again...it was touch and go.
I never expected Renae to drive out to CA..Strange as it maybe,...Renae and Michelle lived TX.
In so many ways I was assuming Renae was going to do the samething that Michelle did.
Michelle never came to CA as she said she would. i even told her. Id drive to get her.

But Reane actaully drove out to CA...
It was really romantic when we first saw each her again. Better than hollywood.
At a gas station out in the middle of nowhere in AZ. I met her halfway.
As soon as we saw each other...we just made out and held each other tight ..tight
for almost a 1/2 hour. People where watching us,,but we didnt care. We were in our own
world

If I am the one initiating the conversation/contact most of the time, I worry if the other person likes me, is a friend, wants to talk to me, is only talking to me to be nice etc.

LC: I met this person at a writing workshop. She's not a scammer from africa. :p

Latest posts

Back