<Insert Greeting Here>

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civol

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I must admit, it's kind of weird writing this introduction post because it represents a few things. Obviously to you, I'm just another new user who may or may not hang around or who may or may not be an active poster. But to me, this marks a return to forums after a handful of years of not being on one. If I'm honest, I thought I had put my forum days behind me but then I realise, I'm not here on this forum to mark some return to a previous life, I'm here for the same reasons you all are: to find like-minded people, potentially in similar situations, potentially not; and of course, loneliness.

So yeah, I have experience in using forums. I was quite an active and prolific poster, frequenting a handful of different boards and even moderating a few. I'm hoping this will mean that it will be easy to be active here but since it has been a while, we'll see. I certainly intend to be, at least. But I might lurk more than post at first because my PC is broken right now. I'm actually using my Wii U Gamepad to write this and yeah, it's not as pleasant as the keyboard for obvious reasons.

Anyway, a bit about me.

I'm a 27yo male from Canberra, Australia. I actually have another alias that I use online for Twitter, gaming handles and so on but I figured I'd use something different here as in some respects, this is a fresh (forum) start. As you've probably gathered by now, I'm a gamer who owns most consoles. I love racing games and games with an emphasis on story the most (so RPGs, adventure games, some shooters and so on) but really I'll play anything as I love the medium. I wonder which sub-forum I'll be keeping an eye on around here...

I'm also an avid TV watcher (another medium I love, although this only started in recent years whereas gaming has been with me my whole life) and a big time Motorsport and car enthusiast, especially Formula 1.

So why am I here? Well, loneliness of course. Other than that though, I guess I'm here to just be around others who might be in similar situations or at the very least might have similar perspectives because of our shared loneliness or whatever else. I might learn something from posting here, or perhaps you might learn something from me. You never know, right?

Finally I guess I'm also here to support others as I know what it feels like when you think no one cares or that they aren't interested in listening to you. I'm a very good listener, I can be here for people should they need it. We always need someone to lend us an ear or give us a shoulder to cry on from time to time. If I can be that person to somebody here, wonderful. If not, well hey, hopefully someone else here can.

Alright that will do. I always hated typing up these introduction posts. I much prefer welcoming people than being the one welcomed. But hello to all of you, all the same. :)

Welcome to ALL here you are among friends who genuinely understand. Bright Blessings ^.^

Hmm, welcome to the forum, Civol. :) You remind me of my best friend in RL that has a lot of gaming consoles.

Welcome to the forums, and you wrote that with a gamepad? **** much respect lol that had to be like sending smoke signals, i hate typing with those things. Anyway glad to have you with us, hope you find it helpful here.

shadetree said:
Welcome to the forums, and you wrote that with a gamepad? **** much respect lol that had to be like sending smoke signals, i hate typing with those things. Anyway glad to have you with us, hope you find it helpful here.

Hey, it's temporary until my PC is fixed! :p (yeah, it's not fun using this. Must. Be. Patient...)

Thanks everyone. :)

Hi Civol, and welcome to the the forum!

I was an Aussie for a few years! Love the country!
I have also been very big on gaming, but I stick to the ps3 😉 I love the call of duty series (online) and Oblivion and Skyrim.

Anyway, hope this place is good to you
😊🎄🌹

PurpleMist said:
I love the call of duty series (online) and Oblivion and Skyrim.

I still need to play Skyrim. I missed it at launch and then never really got around to it because I know how big it is. I do own it though.

Thanks Purple, Magalie

Latest posts

Back